The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2, Stars 3

TheRussianRocket.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Have you seen their roster?

We have two top scorers on our team still and goalie who has been playing well enough to get us wins. This team has pretty much failed to develop secondary scoring all season. We're team Sedins right now.

Actually Reimer has a better GAA and SV% than Miller. I know the Canucks' secondary scoring is fictitious, but with guys like Hamhuis, Edler, Burrows eating cap space, there's only so much you can do. I mean, 14M in 3 players is a good way to be at the cap roof.

1 minute ago, TheAce said:

im surprised Bartkowski gets so much hate on these boards. Hes probably been our best puck moving D-man . Every game he is able to take the puck from our own end and lead the rush into the opposing teams end.

I know right? And I thought Sbisa played pretty well tonight all things considered.

Weber is a train wreck.

Sedins are regressing.....in age. 

Miller played well. 

Baertschi needs to be sent to Utica and then hopefully included in a trade so that Benning can recoup his pick. He's wasting a roster spot. Shinkaruk or Grenier would be a far better option. 

Sven isn't showing that he belongs. Time to cut losses on a player with skill but no gumption. 

Defense needs an overhaul. Badly. Sbisa is showing some growth recently and shouldn't have been penalized for that hit on Spezza.

The officials are showing how bush league they truly are. 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

So the fact that we were in their building and came back means nothing?

Come on, give some credit where it's due.  They obviously did score when they needed it...in order to tie it up.

No - we lost twice to them now - they came back and beat us - we came back and lost.  

Only credit goes to Miller for keeping us in it.

1 for 7 on the PP? Unacceptable.

Too many men in OT?  Unacceptable.  That was a penalty - anyone who say otherwise has been drinking too much or off their rocker.

Shoot out - ZERO goals.  Unacceptable.  Should have gotten at least 1.  

Need I remind you of SCF 2011 game 7?  ZERO goals.

How about last year VS the Flamez?  No way we should have lost to them - but we did - why? Because we can't score when we really need it.

Been that way for many years.

Just now, TheAce said:

im surprised Bartkowski gets so much hate on these boards. Hes probably been our best puck moving D-man . Every game he is able to take the puck from our own end and lead the rush into the opposing teams end.

The rushes die at the blue line nearly every time. He either loses the puck or is forced to button hook.

if we have a pmd the coaches should be responsible for creating zone entry plays to utilize that dman.

it doesn't seem like we know how to incorporate a pmd in our attack.

1 minute ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Good to come back and get a point, but I was choked we took that penalty in OT. Just sloppy. Having said that, if the refs had called the 3 Stars infractions that took place before that penalty, it may never have gotten to that point. The Stars were getting away with murder out there in OT.

Still, 3/4 pts to begin the road trip. I'll take it!

I think people are generalizing a little bit. its great we came back and tied the game. Overall, in this game, we kept pace. But that does not ignore our issues with the powerplay. As for OT, that penalty took opportunities we could've used.

As far as shootout, it's not the big issue for me. There are other glaring issues that are bigger than the shootout.

4 minutes ago, TheAce said:

You mean when Sedin fed Edler in the slot by himself and he managed to wait till someone got in the way and shot it directly into the shin pads ? 

No kidding! I almost crapped myself.  it was 3 on 3 with only one guy paying attention to Edler and he shot it right at him.  What an offensive juggernaut he is.  Then he passes it right up the slot in OT while we are a man short and we spend over a minute defending.  

I thought Tanev and Hammer played well tonight.  Bart and Sbisa were okay. Edler was careless and Weber was brutal...again.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It honestly baffles me.

What happened to him? Did Tortorella screw him up that much? 

When Torts said he wanted more blocked shots, did Edler think he meant for the other team?

If you can find video of old vancouver games, you'll see that he has always been like this. Ive never seen a D-man either miss the net or blast it directly into the shin pads like Edler does. . .  

3 minutes ago, Joker said:

Actually Reimer has a better GAA and SV% than Miller. I the Canucks' secondary scoring is fictitious, but with guys like Hamhuis, Edler, Burrows eating cap space, there's only so much you can do. I mean, 14M in 3 players is a good way to be at the cap roof.

Nashville and Phoenix were able to stay competitive for years by rolling four lines. And they didn't exactly have superstars up front.

Willie needs to find a way to squeeze offense out of the other lines. If it means mixing them up again, so be it. Right now it's not working. We have one line most nights, two at the most.

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

No - we lost twice to them now - they came back and beat us - we came back and lost.  

Only credit goes to Miller for keeping us in it.

1 for 7 on the PP? Unacceptable.

Too many men in OT?  Unacceptable.  That was a penalty - anyone who say otherwise has been drinking too much or off their rocker.

Shoot out - ZERO goals.  Unacceptable.  Should have gotten at least 1.  

Need I remind you of SCF 2011 game 7?  ZERO goals.

How about last year VS the Flamez?  No way we should have lost to them - but we did - why? Because we can't score when we really need it.

Been that way for many years.

I will agree with you here. Keeping pace with the stars and tying the game is great and all. But there are some issues that can't be ignored. Issues that are hurting us.

3 minutes ago, Joker said:

Actually Reimer has a better GAA and SV% than Miller. I know the Canucks' secondary scoring is fictitious, but with guys like Hamhuis, Edler, Burrows eating cap space, there's only so much you can do. I mean, 14M in 3 players is a good way to be at the cap roof.

sPECIAL teams NEED   help... like for the last 50 yrs!

Archived