The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2, Stars 3

TheRussianRocket.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It's getting really frustrating how many games we could have got the W with a bit better execution or killer instinct.

In 7 OT or Shootout losses I would say we should have realistically won at least 3 of those games. That would put us tied for first in the division.

Coach. A lot of that falls on Willie being too green. How many years in his contract? 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I accept that no one knows for certain how these players will turn out, but the higher the draft position the more chances go up.  Currently we are a mediocre team, relying on two star players, who are 35.  We need to replace them.

I agree we need to replace them, but I'm not counting on getting top 2 picks to do it. There's no way with this team spending to the cap every season that we can even be that bad.

At best we get a 6-10 pick and draft another Virtanen or Horvat. Hardly elite talent.

We gotta just keep drafting well wherever we draft and pick up extra selections when we can. At some point we gotta hope we get lucky and draft a star.

1 minute ago, SuperReverb2 said:

Last year - last year. Higgins is CRAP this year. Who cares about last year. Sorry but the NHL is a "what have to done for me lately league." In Higgins care he done nothing except being invisible.

Yeah, Higgins has had a slow start this season due to his injury. He's been cold and lacking confidence. However,I understand why the coach went with him. Same reason why he went with Burrows. Hindsight is 20/20.

1 minute ago, SuperReverb2 said:

Last year - last year. Higgins is CRAP this year. Who cares about last year. Sorry but the NHL is a "what have to done for me lately league." In Higgins case he done nothing except being invisible.

Before he shot today, he was 0/0 on the season. How do you come to any conclusion after that? You're not making any sense at all. And don't even try to say that his play in regulation should be considered, because that's irrelevant to shootouts.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I agree we need to replace them, but I'm counting on getting top 2 picks to do it. There's not way with this team spending to the cap every season that we can even be that bad.

At best we get a 6-10 pick and draft another Virtanen or Horvat. Hardly elite talent.

We gotta just keep drafting well wherever we draft and pick up extra selections when we can. At some point we gotta hope we get lucky and draft a star.

Is McCann one of those two we need?

2 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

Yep, I am quite excited to see what Henning does this offseason.  Cap room with contacts off the books, exciting youth injected and a year or two under their belts... This season is just a wait until next year season.

And remember that Benning said he wanted to be a big player in the high end of free agency. 

That gives me a jolt! 

and we dropped another slot in f/o%, from 27th to 3rd last.  Our PP still puts us at 7th, and our PK at 21st, but we need to do something about 3 on 3, and in face-off practice.

McCann was brutal tonight, after a relatively good game against the Wild  (and for all the Higgins bashers, he was perfect in faceoffs with a 1 for 1 record!!!!)

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

And remember that Benning said he wanted to be a big player in the high end of free agency. 

That gives me a jolt! 

every team would love a big name player... we wanted guys to come here but they would have to want to come here as well...

You know, I have no idea what you are all whining about! We just went into Dallas's barn and took a point. I have actually been waiting for them to lay down and they keep poking away at it

I forecasted 87 points and they are not far off that pace........they are an average team, who just took a top team to a shoot out.

And to be honest, a goal here and a goal there, and they will screw my forecast right up. When they loose to a lower team...get psst off.....when they take one from a team they shouldn't, be happy!

You know, I also get what everyone's saying about Willie, but he is trying to make cheese out of water........and he pretty bloody close....I would cut him some slack........

We have a lot of young guys........vets around the league take a little longer to get in shape........that is starting to show......consider it old man muscle.........the difference between a 19 year old......a 26 year old, and a 34 year old..........and we don't have any real 26 year olds that have any talent.........

God I can't believe I am defending these guys..........but tonight they didn't let the game out of hand, came back and stole a point!

Be grateful!

Archived