The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault fires back at Julien [article]

poetica

7 hours ago, thema said:

That really IS interesting. You could literally put the name Burrows in wherever the name Marchand is and it would be about right. Not saying Marchand doesn't dive but I find it amusing that a thread on CDC about an incident where the recipient of a Marchant hit clearly embellishes the hit turns into yet another hate thread against Marchant even though it is pretty obvious that he barely touches Lundkvist. Suddenly the whole thing is about Marchant's rep which of course would never happen here if it were Burrows involved, right?

To me they are roughly the same player except that Marchand scores a bit more and bites and pulls hair a bit less. Both are rats. Both are highly valued by their teams and score big goals occasionally. Both are pretty much untradeable because they are so disliked by the rest of the league. However Burrows is OUR rat which is, of course, the big difference here.

It's even funnier considering that you can't be bothered to spell the players names right. We get it, you like Brad Marchand(t) and want people to take it easy on his poor soul.

Totally, Lundqvist sold that one, but the irony is so delicious! First off, it WAS a legit penalty, even if The King acted a bit. Knee to the head is a knee to the head. Second, Julien and Marchand whining about diving........ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh goodness my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

7 hours ago, thema said:

That really IS interesting. You could literally put the name Burrows in wherever the name Marchand is and it would be about right. Not saying Marchand doesn't dive but I find it amusing that a thread on CDC about an incident where the recipient of a Marchant hit clearly embellishes the hit turns into yet another hate thread against Marchant even though it is pretty obvious that he barely touches Lundkvist. Suddenly the whole thing is about Marchant's rep which of course would never happen here if it were Burrows involved, right?

To me they are roughly the same player except that Marchand scores a bit more and bites and pulls hair a bit less. Both are rats. Both are highly valued by their teams and score big goals occasionally. Both are pretty much untradeable because they are so disliked by the rest of the league. However Burrows is OUR rat which is, of course, the big difference here.

Our rat, don't you mean "your rat"? Aren't you a Blackhawks fan? You play devils advocate in virtually every post you make and it appears to me that you hate the Canucks and their fans with every fiber of your being. Why are you so damn miserable all the time? Do you get enjoyment out of being perpetually negative about this team? Being a fan of a team should be a positive experience, otherwise what's the point?

Honestly, I wish AV had just taken the high road and not commented on the play. Lundqvist stood up for himself and as usual, Julien played the buffoon for trying to defend the indefensible, much as he did when he said Marchand was "just trying to protect himself" when he submarined Sami Salo.

I think Viggy sometimes lets his temper get the best of him, especially when someone disparages one of his players (David Bolland, anyone?)

What I'd really enjoy is to see AV and Julien settle this by dropping the gloves. I know who my money would be on...

4 hours ago, thema said:

Sorry folks I simply dislike hypocrisy. 

If you think that in the comparison of Marchand and Burrows that Burrows is not the lesser of two evils, then you're just trolling under the guise of trying to be objective.

Burrows is a prick and has done a ton of stupid crap, but Marchand's stupid crap has include serious attempts to injure players. Point out circumstances in Burrows' history where this has happened.  

Love AV telling it like it is.  Julien is a joke....he honestly believes his own lies now because they've been practicing that brand of hockey for so long now.  It's a disgrace when the punk Bruins not only cheap shot someone, but then try to plead innocent and blame the OTHER guy.  Was it sold a bit?...sure it was.  But when you run around being a little punk 98% of the time people are going to make sure you get away with as little as possible.  Comes with the territory.

Typical Bruin hockey.  I put Julien and Hartley in the same class.

17 hours ago, thema said:

Difference:  Burr and the Canucks always drew the short end of the stick and it was getting ridiculous.  Sure, they did start to help with pointing things out in a league that was going off the rails....it had to start somewhere.  It was likely as much about documentation purposes as anything.  AND they had the guts to call out the league on it.  Not pretend they were innocent like the smirking punk Bruins do.  THEY HAD A DADDY WHO WAS LEAGUE BRASS....and we were to believe things were somehow "fair"?  Come on.

Something had to be done to start reeling it back in (which happened over time).  When this team fought back they paid a heavy price and were dealt with in a severe and swift action that the league intervened in.  It was never ok to settle it on the ice from our end.  God, Hansen got one of the most pathetic deals ever in batting down a puck back then when our team was seemingly out on bail.  It was out of control and we couldn't BREATHE at a guy without it getting some action from the refs.  So let's set the stage, shall we?

The Bruins do the who me act.  Like they're just innocent nice boys who will bake cookies on the ice for others.  Their whole gig is now overplayed and pathetic.

So Marchand shoves fingers in mouths...you forgot that part.  And let someone do that to you and see what your reaction is?  We're talking about Marchand here...Burr has nothing to do with this.  But love how you constantly pull that out to defer to.  Like the Bruins, that's now become predictable, overplayed and pathetic.

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Here thema, some reference material for you.  So you can complete your library because you only have the Burrows chapter but there's much more in the complete set.  Let's make sure you're updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0mOtQOr80

Oh helllllll yeaaaahhhh!!!!!

13 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

And to think, AV and Julien are pals, being d-pairs while in the STL organization back in 81-83.  Bet they'll be giggling their collective asses off about this "incident" in the summer while hanging out at their caban-sur-la-lac in the Laurentiens.

That's a long time ago.  I know if any of my friends chose to constantly disgrace their species and condone spineless, gutless behaviour, I wouldn't be partying it up with them in my free time.  I bet AV is disgusted by the garbage that Juilien pulls on a nightly basis.

Archived