The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

West Coast Express night Dec. 7th

Mackcanuck

Vancouver, BC - As part of the Rogers Arena #20in20 celebration, the Vancouver Canucks are excited to announce that the West Coast Express line of Markus Naslund, Todd Bertuzzi and Brendan Morrison will be reunited on December 7th when the Canucks host the Buffalo Sabres at Rogers Arena. The players will be part of a ceremonial puck drop before the game and highlights and stories from their memorable run in the early 2000s will be featured throughout the game. A limited number of great seats are still available for what is expected to be a sell-out. Visit canucks.com/tickets for more information.

“Nazzy, Bert and Mo formed one of the best lines in the NHL for years,” said Canucks President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden. “As a teammate it was thrilling to watch them compete every game with their combination of speed, skill and power. We’re excited to have the West Coast Express back at Rogers Arena to celebrate their legacy with Canucks fans as one of the best line combinations in franchise history.”

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=789974&utm_source=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=&hootPostID=0a5a732919ccc94cbd3bea6f913d027c

CVFA2KVXIAAWBlX.jpg

Unfortunately, I'll miss the beginning of this game, but I can catch the ending. The West Coast Express days were the beginnings of my time as a fan; I'll never forget those years. 

"Bertuzzi, to Naslund, he scores!!!"

Never forget those Jim Hughson calls.

6 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Does anyone remember, I believe it was Hughson who made the last call in their last game as WCE. 

One of my best friends was too pissed off to watch the game, he lives and dies with the team every year..

We played Colorado, Naslund, Tuzzi and Morrison scored, we won 3-0 but missed the playoffs. The most bittersweet game ive ever seen..

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Too bad we didn't have Captain Kirk, or Bobby Lou when these three were in their primes?

We almost got there in 2006-07, though we didn't have Bert at that time, just B-Mo and Nazzy.

One of 2002-04 teams with better goaltending and some investment from the ownership on defence would've won us a Stanley cup or at the very least, get to the cup final.

In hind sight, we had an amazing forward depth,

Naslund, Bertuzzi, Morrison, D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Kesler, Linden, Chubarov (defensively great), Cooke (put up 40+ points), Ruutu, and May (enforcer who can play). 

And defence was solid with legitimate top 4 in Jovo, Ohlund, and Salo as well as solid top 6 defenders in Malik, Sopel, Murray, and Lachance. 

We just needed one more solid defender to round out the top 4 and a better goalie.

4 minutes ago, khay said:

One of 2002-04 teams with better goaltending and some investment from the ownership on defence would've won us a Stanley cup or at the very least, get to the cup final.

Naslund, Bertuzzi, Morrison, D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Kesler, Linden, Chubarov (defensively great), Cooke (put up 40+ points), Ruutu, and May (enforcer who can play). 

And defence was solid with legitimate top 4 in Jovo, Ohlund, and Salo as well as solid top 6 defenders in Malik, Sopel, Murray, and Lachance. 

We just needed one more solid defender to round out the top 4 and a better goalie.

Yup, we got Lou too late for that group:(

5 minutes ago, khay said:

Yea. I think if that team in it's prime had Luongo we would've went all the way. 

Archived