The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

6 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I harped on this a fair amount after the game but what confuses me the most is how Prust and Dorsett really stood up for the kids in the first 10 or so games and now have just let these things go. Unacceptable.

In part I think this is Willie's fault - he's got a line of McCann, Vbrata and Higgins out there against some big goons like Maroon and Getzlaf in the final minutes of play, with Weber on the back-end. Who's going to stand up for McCann? Higgins is the only real gritty player and he's not going to do it.

In the earlier part of the season Horvat was playing more with Dorsett at times and McCann had Prust as a linemate. They generated amazing chemistry together, in part because Prust was always standing up for him, grabbing other players out of McCann's face in scrums etc.

I think that's what we need to get back to. Mix the skilled players and rookies with veterans and gritty players, rather than having all our gritty tough guys on one line. They're not generating offence there by themselves - there's not enough skill, and the skilled guys aren't tough enough to break down big physical defences. Playing them together gives the skilled guys more ice and room.

I want WD to try these lines next game. Have a policeman on each line, have a scorer on each line.

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Burrows (Burr is the protection here for the kids)

Prust - McCann - Vbrata (Prust protects McCann and opens up space for the other two by standing in the crease)

Dorsett - Cracknell - Virtanen (Virt when he returns, but I'd like to see Gaunce here ASAP)

Pretty much what I figured early season. It makes almost no sense to have Prust and Dors on the same line. They brought these guys in to protect and groom the kids, but then WD puts the kids out with some of the softest guys in the league..  What in the hell Willy?

I'd put Dors with McCann (instead of Prust) only because he did so well with Bo last year and Prust with Virt. Leaves Bo and Baer fairly open for abuse unless they're out with D3 (Spisa) which seems pretty sketchy.

The Canucks continue to disappoint me by not sticking up for each other and its been a huge problem for years and years and years. Well, ever since the Bertuzzi neck breaker. Not saying Moore deserved a broken neck, but he needed to have his face crushed for that cheap flyby on Nazzie.

4 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I call it like I see it GT......what are your thoughts? Just lay down?

My thought are you should create a mega thread or bump your old threads instead of create a individual thread every time we get blown out of the water.

I so agree with you pal, it makes me ill watching the lack of push back. This team is filled with soft players and Prust and Dorset can't be expected to be on everywhere. We need Higgins gone, I've never seen a guy throw away the puck to avoid hits more. We need a big mean defenseman and Lucic. Injuries are going to pile up.

9 minutes ago, CrashNBash said:

I so agree with you pal, it makes me ill watching the lack of push back. This team is filled with soft players and Prust and Dorset can't be expected to be on everywhere. We need Higgins gone, I've never seen a guy throw away the puck to avoid hits more. We need a big mean defenseman and Lucic. Injuries are going to pile up.

I agree with you that we need a big mean dman and we need a player like Lucic but not Lucic. please no.

2 minutes ago, BigOldOrca said:

I agree with you that we need a big mean dman and we need a player like Lucic but not Lucic. please no.

I understand the gamble with Lucic. Watching him a bit this year and some of his comments towards Vancouver makes me think he may have added incentive to help the Canucks win. I'm not totally sold it, depends on the cost. 

14 hours ago, riffraff said:

Ooooooooh we intimidated cogliano late in the game in a reactionary fashion.

typical Canuck fan acceptance of mediocrity.

Wow overreaction much? Take your butthurt somewhere else. I was just pointing out that at least one Canuck took something to his own matters and retaliated in a clean way. It's not typical Canuck fan acceptance of mediocrity. It's just you being salty about the Canucks not having any pushback for years.

9 hours ago, tas said:

coached 5 different teams ...

Yes, however I'd say that Bowman lost favour with team ownership, or team ownership lost favour with him, rather than Bowman's shelf life expiring with the players. There's a difference. :)

regards,                                                                                                                                                                                 G.

Archived