The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

If we were last in the league, maybe. Also take in account, Canucks finished with 101 points last season, under Willie in his first NHL season as a rookie coach.

Canucks aren't expected to make the playoffs this year. If they do, that's a bonus.

I would evaluate after April, every team goes through these phases.

I think the most painful thing about this loss was the ammount of holding the stick calls Anaheim never got called for. Grabs Barts stick and WE get a penalty, how many effing times did they reach out and close the hand on the stick, seriously?!?! I turned the game off part way through the third just because of that crap, not because we were losing, but how painful it is to watch them constantly grabbing sticks and holding them for quite some time with no call.

11 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Man the Ducks are one big bruising hockey team. Get ready for more of the same tomorrow.

I hope they get an earful about their 'non response' to the cheap shots etc and also hear some of the media comments, maybe then they will come out with a response tomorrow 

Just now, JV77 said:

Whatever case, McCann isn't going to be a guy that complains to the refs or looks to someone else to defend him.  He will take care of it himself.

He would have been destroyed, Canucks should not left him in that position.

3 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

You know it was bad when the panel after the game was talking about how the rookies were getting manhandled with no response from a Canuck player and now the same response on the radio, upset that the was no retaliation from any Canuck player

Lord Benning is more cheesed than anyone at what's happening, belee dat.

I didn't get to watch the game, but sounded like:

- Willie's run the bag off Miller again, Markstrom should have started

- Pedan should have played

2 minutes ago, slickjim23 said:

Yes. Lucic is a meathead who teams will be able to rattle easily and draw 5 minute majors from. They will love playing us even more. People who think just Lucic will change the team into a tougher team are out to lunch... The whole mentality of the team needs to change... The Canucks have played tough in the past... You can notice even the Sedins play tough when the rest of the team is.. It's all mental. We don't need giants on skates to intimidate.. All we need is pushback, and that comes from the team having confidence, which it simply doesn't right now.

Nice in theory, but "confidence" isnt going to stop a guys like Getzlaf, Kesler and co from cheap shotting your rookies. Push back from guys like Weber, Hamhuis, Bartkowsi and Tanev doenst do squat against teams that will rag doll them. Lucic may not be the answer, but i would love for them to have a couple more players that are a little more like Lucic.  Its like a nuclear deterrent.  

Also, that meathead Lucic was a core player on a team that won the cup.

6 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

I wanted it to work but both McCann and Virtanen should go back to junior this year and play in the world championships. Virtanen needs to play 20 minutes a game and in the Worlds. Jared has no problem with compete but also needs to play 20 minutes a game and build up his strength. Jared especially isn't going to survive the season physically the way it's going.

McCann has been great, theres zero chance he goes down as our C depth is bad and this management will refuse to give up on the season. Keeping Virtanen however , is a mistake

Archived