The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edmonton Oilers Race to 5th First Overall Pick in 7 Years

guntrix

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

@parrypannu89: I’m sure you helped the situation with your great veteran presence around the young guys! ‪#‎Classy‬ ‪#‎Vet‬

@belly2020: I tried and all the other veterans to. But the kids did everything they want. I guess it worked out.

Great article VC

Based on that comment, I think we can say without a doubt those high draft picks were let loose without any accountability. No wonder they couldn't commit to play defence, and drove out a few coaches along the way. I heard rumblings of Hall lacking leadership and accountability....

Contrast that to the Canucks, where the Sedins make sure the kids know they need to play properly or else less ice time. 

7 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Great article VC

Based on that comment, I think we can say without a doubt those high draft picks were let loose without any accountability. No wonder they couldn't commit to play defence, and drove out a few coaches along the way. I heard rumblings of Hall lacking leadership and accountability....

Contrast that to the Canucks, where the Sedins make sure the kids know they need to play properly or else less ice time. 

Why change their game in their minds though? They put up big points and got huge contracts because of it. 

Funny thing is now they pretty much have to unload Nugent-Hopkins, but what team is gonna give them fair value? Especially with Draisaitl only being one season away from his own 6 million dollar contract.

Archived