The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 World Junior invitees

Mackcanuck

10 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Source?

Stupid move by JB if true. Kind of figured so, looks like he will be stubborn and push for the last playoff spot and a 1st round exit yet again. 

Read it on The Score app under NHL news. I think it isn't about our playoff push, so much as it is McCann's earned a permanent spot on this team, as well as our lack of centermen with Sutter out. The kid's been lights out. He hasn't scored in awhile, but he's been fantastic defensively, and getting better every game. I wouldn't be surprised at all however if Virtanen gets sent down. Barring him being healthy enough to play that is. 

Wonder if its due to the hamhuis injury.  JB not wanting to remove another young piece from the lineup incase the team falls down.  He can then solely blame it on the injuries and won't take heat for sending him to jr's when the team has less regularity.  remove hammer and mccann u got 2 spots to fill with new players. easier to keep mccann in and hope the chemistry of the team remains positive.

15 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Wanted McCann and Virtanen to both go to WJC but I understand why McCann has to say and it's all good. World Juniors or NHL is fine for both. 

McCann would've lit up the WJC though B)

me 2 lol. was looking forward too seeing them both in action

13 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

MDC cut, again. 

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie  10m10 minutes ago

"@markhmasters: Canada cuts Dal Colle" Big name, last year of junior, NYI 1st rder in 2014 didn't get untracked in either camp game vs. CIS.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie  3m3 minutes ago

"@markhmasters: CAN cuts Spencer Watson" LAK prospect looked great vs RUS in Subway Super Series (3G in 2GP) but didn't find offence in camp

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie  23m23 minutes ago

So Team CAN currently sits with 3 G, 9 D and 14 F going to Europe for pre-tourney games. Final roster to be set in Finland.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie  22m22 minutes ago

I'd say there's a decent chance VAN loans Jake Virtanen to Team CAN later today. If so, CAN would have 15 F and need to cut two.

3 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie  23m23 minutes ago

So Team CAN currently sits with 3 G, 9 D and 14 F going to Europe for pre-tourney games. Final roster to be set in Finland.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie  22m22 minutes ago

I'd say there's a decent chance VAN loans Jake Virtanen to Team CAN later today. If so, CAN would have 15 F and need to cut two.

Watch virt get cut lmao. 

Kidding

Archived