The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 World Junior invitees

Mackcanuck

13 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Chychrun, Watson, Dal Colle, and Dubois cut. Competitive camp...

I know it's cliche, but they're taking a team, not individuals. 

I don't care who's left off (including Canucks prospects) if it makes them a better overall team.

Dave McCarthy ‏@DaveAMcCarthy  5m5 minutes ago

Scott Salmond and Ryan Jankowski from Hockey Canada have arrived at Ricoh. Speaking now with Jake Virtanen. #TSN

Michael TraikosVerified account‏@Michael_Traikos

Team Canada's Ryan Jankowski and Scott Salmon are meeting with Virtanen and his agent. All signs indicate their delivering the good news.

On December 14, 2015 at 5:10 PM, R3aL said:

Virtanen-Strome-Marner

Crouse-Barzal-Konecny

Perlini-Point-Beuvillier

Quennville-Stephens-Hawryluk

Chartier/Gauthier

Something like this is what I am expecting.

team USA is disgusting though!

mccann needs to 3rd line center  anyone know what the d pairs are for defense im blown away chyrun was cut 

Dal Colle hasn't had a good year in junior. Serious concerns whether he ever becomes a productive NHLer. I feel for the Islanders, I don't blame them for taking him where they did. Can you imagine that they have wiffed on 3 top 5 picks in Nino, Reinhart and now Dal Colle?

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

Dal Colle hasn't had a good year in junior. Serious concerns whether he ever becomes a productive NHLer. I feel for the Islanders, I don't blame them for taking him where they did. Can you imagine that they have wiffed on 3 top 5 picks in Nino, Reinhart and now Dal Colle?

Maybe they're ripe for the picking to get a 1st round pick from.

5 hours ago, R3aL said:

Virtanen-Strome-Marner

Crouse-Barzal-Konecny

Perlini-Point-Beuvillier

Quennville-Stephens-Hawryluk

Chartier/Gauthier

Something like this is what I am expecting.

team USA is disgusting though!

Point will for sure be top 6, assuming the 2C is best fit. 

I think a lot of you are under valuing mccann s nhl experience..  He is playing very well in an important role at the nhl level.  If he is lent I would be surprised if he isnt the 1st line center.  Yes his points arent flowing but hes getting chances and is often on the right side of the puck.  If Mccann does go hope we see him and virt together at some point or involved in a 1-2 line punch.  Look forward to the wjc :)

could mccann qualify as team captain if he gets the nod.  I think he has good leadership qualities. maybe thats too much given his lack of xp at last years wjc.  maybe not. think he d be in consideration though.  His maturity and drive is admirable for a 19 yr old rookie. Be a good example for the other young wjc kids.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this team doesn't medal. Usually just looking at the lineup you can see the clear edge that Canada has over the other contenders. This year that edge is much smaller. We have fewer returnees meaning the team is much younger.

I hope I am dead wrong though and people quote my post to make me look like an idiot if we win gold.

14 hours ago, canuktravella said:

mccann needs to 3rd line center  anyone know what the d pairs are for defense im blown away chyrun was cut 

McCann is most likley not going, as of now he isnt there, and if he went there he would be either 1C or 2C for sure. 3rd line would be quite the downgrade for the only NHL level C on the team.

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Point will for sure be top 6, assuming the 2C is best fit. 

I agree hes a top 6 guy on this team, but I just like those combos I put and think that a line of Perlini-Point-Beuvillier would be awesome and get the same minutes as the second line I put.

My proposed line up there is three scoring lines and a checking energy line.

51 minutes ago, Toews said:

I really wouldn't be surprised if this team doesn't medal. Usually just looking at the lineup you can see the clear edge that Canada has over the other contenders. This year that edge is much smaller. We have fewer returnees meaning the team is much younger.

I hope I am dead wrong though and people quote my post to make me look like an idiot if we win gold.

I think we will medal!

We have an experienced/older D squad vying for spots right now and a nice blend of forwards. Sure there isnt a Crosby Toews or Mcdavid. 

But the lineups filled with awesome players. I expect Marner to absolutely shine especially playing with his friend Strome.

Point, Konecny and Barzal I expect to be awesome.

Crouse and Virtanen will give our forwards some serious edge.

Beauviller I expect to surprise some people too.

It will be an awesome tourney and I cant wait!

Archived