The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I just wanna blow it up!

VIC_CITY

3 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Well, another loss leaving a sour taste in our mouths...Markstrom played unreal though. If he turns out to be a #1 goalie then we win the Luongo trade hands down.

I'd probably call it even. Florida got a direct return in Luongo and we got a long term investment in Markstrom, both teams pretty much got what they needed at the moment I'd say.  

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Would it be better to throw grotesque amounts of money at a coming UFA - Bufuglin?

I'm gonna say yes, it would. We have the cap room afterall. Bo might be having a rough year #'s wise, but the kid is going to be an amazing forward, Selke material. IMO, it's a guarantee, he's holding his own on the 2nd line with a rotating peripheral of has been's and might be's..

But I'm glad it's not me that actually has to make those decisions though. I'm just a fan

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm gonna say yes, it would. We have the cap room afterall. Bo might be having a rough year #'s wise, but the kid is going to be an amazing forward, Selke material. IMO, it's a guarantee, he's holding his own on the 2nd line with a rotating peripheral of has been's and might be's..

But I'm glad it's not me that actually has to make those decisions though. I'm just a fan

Hard to say in my opinion. If we throw money at him and he plays well, then great. However, if he doesn't work out, that's a lot of money wasted. lol

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

How much do you think Big Buff and Mighty Milan would change the dynamics of our team?  

1 hour ago, RyIe said:

I'd probably call it even. Florida got a direct return in Luongo and we got a long term investment in Markstrom, both teams pretty much got what they needed at the moment I'd say.  

True but Luongo has a $5.6M cap hit (minus the $0.5M still on our books) until 2022. That's 6 more years after this season. So while Luongo has played well for them since the trade, that cap hit is going to be horrible in a couple of years.

On the flip side, the last couple years are at $1.0M, the 3rd last year is $1.625M and the 18/19 season is just under $3.4M. So for a team like Florida that doesn't spend to the cap, the cap hit isn't that big of a deal and the actual salary isn't exactly crippling. So yes, it definitely worked out for both teams.

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How much do you think Big Buff and Mighty Milan would change the dynamics of our team?  

If they'd both sign 4 year deals I'd be all over that. But they'll both want longer term than that, so no thanks to both of them.

4 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

If they'd both sign 4 year deals I'd be all over that. But they'll both want longer term than that, so no thanks to both of them.

Could we not just pay them more person, and keep the term down that way?  6x6 is 36 and 4x9 is 36.  I get its way over paying them, but that way the term is shorter.

Just now, luckylager said:

Would be a massive shift from candy-ass skate away's to full on rag dolling face crushers.

I bet the Twins would be even happier than us as fans.  They would finally have a guy on their wing and another guy on D to stop the crap that comes their way.  It would be great to see some rat face try and face wash Daniel with those two on the ice.:lol:

1 hour ago, westcoast said:

Had the Kesler trade been more about the future (IE the other first round pick also)and Edlers rumoured Detroit haul had of included a first rounder the Canucks may have had two other solid young players in the lineup already.

The 24th pick worked out pretty well for us. Besides even if Anaheim had given us the 10th and we drafted either Honka or Sanheim (I'd have gone with him) neither of them would be ready to step in this season or the next, likely.

It would have been better for us if Benning traded for the 24th and Shea Theodore. Anaheim was pretty stacked on good D and they would have loved to have kept Bonino as 3C.

On 2015/12/2 上午7:38:06, Patchoball Cannons said:

Burrows- Love Burr, but right or wrong the NHL has it out for this guy. I've always wondered if we'd stop getting screwed by the officials if he was wearing another jersey? Only way to find out is trade him to the Coyotes and see if he draws more penalties and is called for less than what he gets in a Canucks jersey

http://www.coolhockey.com/images/hvanrbkab14t_Small.jpg

4 hours ago, RyIe said:

The 24th pick worked out pretty well for us. Besides even if Anaheim had given us the 10th and we drafted either Honka or Sanheim (I'd have gone with him) neither of them would be ready to step in this season or the next, likely.

It would have been better for us if Benning traded for the 24th and Shea Theodore. Anaheim was pretty stacked on good D and they would have loved to have kept Bonino as 3C.

Ya....I wasn't rehashing a proposal or anything just remembering management shutting gillis down On the Kesler trade then having the Anaheim owner try to appease his fans by stating we offered them all our draft picks and thought we had a deal.That and the fact the kid Anaheim used the pick on played in that game.I think the build on the fly/one last kick at the can crowd has already done huge damage to where we could be right now.

Archived