The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kenins recalled, Pedan sent down

hatedkid666

Vancouver, BC – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled forward Ronalds Kenins from the AHL Utica Comets and reassigned defenceman Andrey Pedan to Utica.

Kenins, 24, has appeared in seven games for the Comets this season registering an assist (0-1-1) and eight penalty minutes. He split the 2014.15 season between Vancouver and Utica. Kenins appeared in 30 games with the Canucks in his first NHL season, registering 12 points (4-8-12) and eight penalty minutes. In 36 games with the Comets in 2014.15, Kenins recorded 12 points (5-7-12) and 23 penalty minutes. He also made his NHL post-season debut in 2014.15, registering two points (1-1-2) in five playoff games.

The 6’0”, 216-pound native of Riga, Latvia, was signed as a free agent by Vancouver on July 30, 2013.

Pedan, 22, made his NHL debut with the Canucks on December 1 versus Los Angeles and has appeared in 15 games with Utica this season, collecting seven points (1-6-7) and a team-high 28 penalty minutes. During the 2014.15 season, Pedan appeared in 42 games with the Comets registering 14 points (3-11-14) and 70 penalty minutes. Prior to being acquired by Vancouver on November 25, 2014, Pedan played six games with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, recording three assists and 51 penalty minutes.

The 6’5”, 217-pound native of Moscow, Russia, was originally selected by the New York Islanders 63rd overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

5 minutes ago, Senpai said:

Lets hope he knows his role this time and doesn't think he's a top-6 playmaking forward.

All I want him to do is go out there and hit, create energy.. I don't want to see his stupid attempts at being the next Crosby.

2 goals in 18 games, i'd say that's stupid to try to emulate.

4 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

It pisses me off how no matter how bad Weber is, his spot on the team seems to be a lock. Pedan should have gotten a longer look.

Pedan has had a taste of the NHL and I'm betting he likes what he sees. It's JB showing him the carrot abnd I think he might turn it up back down in Utica. Kenins tried to be some thing he isn't this pre season although you don't know what WD is whispering in Kenins ear. Lets hope on his return he gets back to hitting any with a pulse

Archived