The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kenins recalled, Pedan sent down

hatedkid666

35 minutes ago, Senpai said:

Lets hope he knows his role this time and doesn't think he's a top-6 playmaking forward.

All I want him to do is go out there and hit, create energy.. I don't want to see his stupid attempts at being the next Crosby.

Spoken like someone who barely watches Canuck hockey.

Kenins found a roster spot because he could play physical AND provide good offence.

56 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

pedan should be on this team , in his 3 minutes last night he looked more effective than Prust, Dorset, Higgins Baesrchi etc... (which is ridiculous as he's a D)

Instead he's back to the AHL and we get to watch the Edler-Hamhuis-Weber muffin clownshow.

I thought Baer was probably the most effective fwd last night.  I liked the look of Pedan though, hoping he can make the jump.

24 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Kenins found a roster spot because he could play physical AND provide good offence.

problem was, once he got a taste of some goals, he completely stopped hitting and he was ineffective.  That's why he isn't on the team now, he lost sight of what got him to the NHL in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Don't really see how Kenins earned this over Shink and Gaunce, but hopefully he can get Horvat going. And hopefully the Canucks can get more than 1 shot in the 3rd period with a full forward roster. 

Sven is warming up Shinkaruk's seat this year.

Prust is warming up Gaunce's seat this year.

4 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Don't really see how Kenins earned this over Shink and Gaunce, but hopefully he can get Horvat going. And hopefully the Canucks can get more than 1 shot in the 3rd period with a full forward roster. 

Gaunce has been missing games, and is a bit "beat up" is what I believe Willie suggested a week or so ago. 

That aside, yes, Gaunce deserves the spot...

53 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Sounds like you were not watching Canuck hockey this season...Kenins came to training camp and didn't hit anybody,and was a an obvious early cut to go to Utica (where he was a healthy scratch in some games)

I'm not hanging my hat on Kenins making that much of a difference on the Canucks roster,unless he rediscovers what got him to the NHL in the first place...

Archived