The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kenins recalled, Pedan sent down

hatedkid666

31 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Don't really see how Kenins earned this over Shink and Gaunce, but hopefully he can get Horvat going. And hopefully the Canucks can get more than 1 shot in the 3rd period with a full forward roster. 

Gaunce is injured and hasn't suited up in a couple of games for Comets. Not sure what the issue is.  I suspect he would have had the call up otherwise.  He has been playing great for Comets and didn't look out of place in the big show either.  

24 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

We will continue to pull people up and down to get a better feel on their development. We will regularly pull guys up to practice and maybe play a game or two. All part of Benning's plan to integrate youth.

This seems like an extended tryout with all these surprising call ups such as Pedan and Fedun ahead of Biega, who played well last night, and Grenier ahead of Kenins, Gaunce.  Jensen, Vey, are the only guys left who haven't been called up who would expect to at least be on the list.  Maybe they just want to create that competitive environment.  

1 hour ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Spoken like someone who barely watches Canuck hockey.

Kenins found a roster spot because he could play physical AND provide good offence.

?????

Kenins started out his stint last year as a total wrecking ball, hitting everything in sight. Then he had like 15 points in like 20 games and he suddenly stopped hitting. Whehter than can be attributed to his knee injury or not, he stopped hitting and started trying to "make plays" in the offensive zone. He coughed up the puck so much, he's not a skilled player.

Yes, I agree with you, he found a roster spot because he was very physical AND had good offense, but he completely lost that physical side of the game last year near the end and was most certainly not the same player in training camp (he wans't physical either, floated a lot during the pre-season)

Next up: Jensen! Sick and tired of being stuck with Baertschi as the lock to the 2LW spot...

Kenins will do well with Horvat and I'm hoping Dorsett is back with them too. All 3 battle hard every shift and can chip in a few goals when momentum is on their side!

28 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Next up: Jensen! Sick and tired of being stuck with Baertschi as the lock to the 2LW spot...

Kenins will do well with Horvat and I'm hoping Dorsett is back with them too. All 3 battle hard every shift and can chip in a few goals when momentum is on their side!

Put Jensen on the top line with the Sedans and there is nothing to worry about.

43 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

You need to go to timeout and clear your thoughts.

For reals though. PC (and many other posters on CDC) is basically this right now:

OHSHITRUNAROUND.gif

Take a chill pill, meditate, picture your happy place, do whatever, just relax a little:

Johnny-Depp-panics.gif

Come now CDC'ers, it's safe here, it'll all be ok:

09861323a54353914eced92ad1baac41.gif

3 hours ago, Trebreh said:

It pisses me off how no matter how bad Weber is, his spot on the team seems to be a lock. Pedan should have gotten a longer look. 

Weber has been bad, but last game was his best of the season so far. Hopefully he can go on a run of not costing the team when he's on the ice. Would've liked to see Pedan get a game on D, but the year is still young.

18 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Horvat has looked great some games, but Kenins may be just what he needs to pick his +/- back up.

he's going to be a solid player for years to come, but I can't recall a game, this season, where I would label Horvat as great.........barely even "very good".  

7 hours ago, Senpai said:

?????

Kenins started out his stint last year as a total wrecking ball, hitting everything in sight. Then he had like 15 points in like 20 games and he suddenly stopped hitting. Whehter than can be attributed to his knee injury or not, he stopped hitting and started trying to "make plays" in the offensive zone. He coughed up the puck so much, he's not a skilled player.

Yes, I agree with you, he found a roster spot because he was very physical AND had good offense, but he completely lost that physical side of the game last year near the end and was most certainly not the same player in training camp (he wans't physical either, floated a lot during the pre-season)

Something like 15 points in 20 games is really good for a guy who had 12 points in 30 games. 

4 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

pedan should be on this team , in his 3 minutes last night he looked more effective than Prust, Dorset, Higgins Baesrchi etc... (which is ridiculous as he's a D)

Instead he's back to the AHL and we get to watch the Edler-Hamhuis-Weber muffin clownshow.

Too true. Edler is the head clown too.

4 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

pedan should be on this team , in his 3 minutes last night he looked more effective than Prust, Dorset, Higgins Baesrchi etc... (which is ridiculous as he's a D)

Instead he's back to the AHL and we get to watch the Edler-Hamhuis-Weber muffin clownshow.

Ooh, my favorite program.

2 hours ago, Kakanucks said:

Its been stated numerous times, Weber is in because he's a RHD, Pedan is LHD.

We are extremely weak on RHD, because Weber is still in.

Seriously people, when you want to spew out venomous garbage, at least make it original.:rolleyes:

Fixed that for you

Archived