The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kenins recalled, Pedan sent down

hatedkid666

2 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

Everyone's panicking over the fact that Pedan got sent down. He's part of the future!!!! No need to rush, one of jbs prized project, to where it hurts his development. I think what JB is doing is smart, giving the ones that work hard down in the 'A' a chance to get a taste of what is in the future for them. Keep losing these games and let's get that top 5 pick this year. 

Top three would be better, but top five gives us a chance at least at getting a top player.

Just now, Honky Cat said:

And Kenins is the answer.?..He's going to bring the toughness ?..borderline NHL'er at best....

I think his play will dictate whether JV goes to the world juniors.  Plus, I have been pointing out we need sandpaper in our top minute guys.  I agree RK is not really an NHL player, and makes no difference to our team, other than he can influence if JV plays WJHC.

10 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

pedan should be on this team , in his 3 minutes last night he looked more effective than Prust, Dorset, Higgins Baesrchi etc... (which is ridiculous as he's a D)

Instead he's back to the AHL and we get to watch the Edler-Hamhuis-Weber muffin clownshow.

Yup. 

Pedan hit one of the biggest LA defenseman into the boards ( Muzzin I believe). No other Canuck has even come close to finishing a check like that ever!. In 3 minutes that was a great highlight to leave behind. But no were the soft 'hit us' then we'll help you back to your bench types. .somewhere Tiger Williams must be throwing up a little.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Pedan hit one of the biggest LA defenseman into the boards ( Muzzin I believe). No other Canuck has even come close to finishing a check like that ever!. In 3 minutes that was a great highlight to leave behind. But no were the soft 'hit us' then we'll help you back to your bench types. .somewhere Tiger Williams must be throwing up a little.

His TOI was so short,it was kind of hard to get a read on how good he was...

11 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

pedan should be on this team , in his 3 minutes last night he looked more effective than Prust, Dorset, Higgins Baesrchi etc... (which is ridiculous as he's a D)

Instead he's back to the AHL and we get to watch the Edler-Hamhuis-Weber muffin clownshow.

I agree and have been saying this all season...This Pedan 6'5" 217lbs and he is tough tough...Sorry Dorsett and prust are

not comparible to Mr.Pedan...This guy is what we have needed in Vancouver for the last 8yrs?? We have him bonus he's not a goon and he can skate??? What do we do send him back...Are Defence is so so soft and easy to play against and so so frustrating to watch..We cannot have 6 defence man all soft except Sibisa...Weber has to sit more and Biega sorry another Weber??

SO SO Frustrating... We are not making playoffs Anaheim will pass us and we will end up in 10th before trade deadline..

Maybe we can trade Hamhuis, Higgins maybe prust will land us a 2nd rd pick as he is a good guy for playoffs..Hamhuis could land us a 2nd and young good prospect...

Guess we will see more young guys when we are back in 10th spot..We are on rebuild but will never hit bottom like oilers..

Line up goes like this?

Sedin Sedin Burrows - (1st Scoring)

Prust McCann Vrbata - (2nd Scoring, McCann focus on Offense)

Kenins Horvat Hansen - (Shutdown + Support scoring, Horvat focus on defense)

Baertschi Cracknell Dorsett - (Sandpaper + support scoring)

Edler Biega

Hamhuis Bartkowski

Sbisa Weber*

*If Tanev is back, Weber should sit 1 game.

Pedan deserved to play his position against Dallas on Friday.. In aprx. 3 mins of ice time, i think he registered 3 big hits, almost assisted a goal.. and had an opportunity to run the puck to the net shoulder down.  The only reason he didnt was that his reaction time was a second slow on recognizing the opportunity because he had never played as a forward before in his life.

Pedan should be rotated in for a week to replace other vereran D men who need to study video and watch a game to simplify theirs..  there has been many mistakes, for too long..

I like Kenins, its consistency thats needed from him..  A tougher cast would help him too. 

i'd like to see a move made for T. Hamonic,  ( if he would come) the Islanders will make a strong show for Cup this year,. Perhaps Hamhuis or Edler waive for that opportunity.

5 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

lol this is turning into comedy, who else will they call up next. 1 game samples for 3 minutes this is freaking a joke. And makes me think what the heck management is thinking by giving players 1 game trials? What's the point, if they lose again they will send them him and recall Friesen next?

With few exceptions, these injury call ups aren't intended to be trials.  They are for the simple purpose of providing a fill-in or a depth player when someone on the Canucks is hurt.

Wow the plug love from coaching and management  only rivalled  by Nonis. Heaven  for bid you bring up skill. 

Dorset played on the second line last game that's insane shouldn't hunter be the guy that gets the call and maybe just maybe actually play him in the role he plays were he might have success. 

Nope we need another bottom 3 guy to fill the roster with.  WD and JB hate skill.

if the worthless plugs that the team is already stacked with won't do there jobs then get rid of them. Prust Higgins Dorset cracknell should all be pulled aside a explained why they have jobs.hit protect retaliate. 

Archived