The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordin Tootoo (-17) aside, Bo Horvat (-12) and Radim Vrbata (-13) are the two worst forwards in the entire NHL for goal differential when on the ice this season.

Zuongo

Horvat will be fine...no great...just wait and see.

Bo has had the worst luck...every game he has a primo chance and almost scores as well as setting up primo chances for his wingers...every single game and yet they just aren't going in.

Bo has also had the worst luck for stepping on the ice for a line change just as the other team scores a goal.

It is just Canuckluck and we have been stuck with it forever...Bo will eventually change that...little by little maybe but better days are coming.

8 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Horvat will be fine...no great...just wait and see.

Bo has had the worst luck...every game he has a primo chance and almost scores as well as setting up primo chances for his wingers...every single game and yet they just aren't going in.

Bo has also had the worst luck for stepping on the ice for a line change just as the other team scores a goal.

It is just Canuckluck and we have been stuck with it forever...Bo will eventually change that...little by little maybe but better days are coming.

Though I agree with Bo will be fine, I cannot agree with the fact he has been setting people up and getting primo chances every single game.  More often than not he has looked really overmatched, but it's not his fault.  His learning trajectory is being expedited because of Sutter's absence.

11 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

And when the metric used is not actually the metric quoted - not that it was a good metric to begin with.

It's the best metric for determining if a guy is holding his own relative to his teammate's.  Bo and Vrby need to generate offence, and bring their plus/minus back in line with their team average, or they will continue to be a big part of why the team loses one goal games, rather than winning them.

Bo is matched up against the opposition's top lines now. Clearly, he hasn't been a positive possession player when matched up against the opposition's top players, coupled with poor defence, I'm not surprised. I think the NHL is realizing that the best way to defend is to play on the other side of the rink so that's why they like having high possession players. 

Bo hasn't been a great possession player last year either. Only time he was decent was when he played with Kenins and Dorsett/Hansen.

Maybe Kenins will help get him going.

Has Horvat really been terrible though? It just seems so exaggerated because McCann is playing well (with significantly less responsibility and ice-time). I thought Horvat played well before Sutter went down. His average ice-time went up by around 4-5 minutes a night and the pressure mounted up.

Willie, as shown by Horvat's decreased ice-time last night, probably got the memo and will ease up his defensive-zone deployment and match-ups. 

4 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

Has Horvat really been terrible though? It just seems so exaggerated because McCann is playing well (with significantly less resposibility and ice-time). I thought Horvat played well before Sutter went down. His average ice-time went up by around 4-5 minutes a night and the pressure mounted up.

Willie, as shown by Horvat's decreased ice-time last night, probably got the memo and will ease up his defensive-zone deployment and match-ups. 

Horvat played well vs other teams 3rd line when Sutter was 2nd line center. Now that Horvat is 2nd line center, he is struggling. It is very noticeable. His back checking and defensive zone coverage needs a lot of work and he isn't exactly an offensive threat either.

Just now, homersexual said:

Horvat played well vs other teams 3rd line when Sutter was 2nd line center. Now that Horvat is 2nd line center, he is struggling. It is very noticeable. His back checking and defensive zone coverage needs a lot of work and he isn't exactly an offensive threat either.

I think his play-making is quite good actually. My biggest problem with him is his tendency to not hold onto the puck. He also seems slower these last few games; overall, he just looks tired.

Archived