The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roman Polak ( Discussion)

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I would take Schenn as well Big defender coming in to his prime plays the right side

Hell I would take Andre the Giant if he wasn't dead. *sigh* RIP big guy! Imagine slapping on a pair of skates on that man and tell him to just post up in front of the net.  One direction:  Murder anyone who comes within your arm span Andre!

9 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

The thing in question is toughness. At least if we brought in Lucic, we know he'd play his heart out. The past is the past. We all know he'd love to come back.

Why would we even consider Polak? Such a waste of a roster spot.

Lucic cant fight everybody, on the Bruins he had a whole cast of a-holes behind him to bump up his legend. Team toughness is what you need. As far as coming back here nobody really knows that, so you shouldn't set your self up for failure if he signs somewhere else that gives him a better chance at a cup. I can just imagine the meltdown in here if he decides to sign with the Oilers because I bet Chia will overpay big time.

23 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Lucic cant fight everybody, on the Bruins he had a whole cast of a-holes behind him to bump up his legend. Team toughness is what you need. As far as coming back here nobody really knows that, so you shouldn't set your self up for failure if he signs somewhere else that gives him a better chance at a cup. I can just imagine the meltdown in here if he decides to sign with the Oilers because I bet Chia will overpay big time.

There are usually 1 or 2 agitators on each team. Lucic can take them all at the same time. It's been a long time since we've had a power-forward that powerful. 

That would be a mistake considering all the players are eventually going to finish their entry-level contracts and will want to get paid if they re-sign. 

15 hours ago, billabong said:

polak will be looking for 4m+ and thats a risky move for a guy whos aging and not known for his skating ability 

schenn is the poor mans version of polak and could be had for a straight up swap for weber 

I haven't really watched a lot of Polak since he left the Blues but he wasn't exactly a bad skater. Not an exceptional one but much much better than Luke Schenn is. 

The thing with Polak though is that he is a bottom pairing defenseman and I think the Canucks need a top 4.

Archived