The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks-Boston

we need some help in the faceoff department, we are getting destroyed with the young guys down the middle this year. I dont think cracknell is fairing the best either. Talbot can pk as well. its a cheap stop gap, hes a ufa we arent losing anything really and trying to add some nhl experience at C would probably be a smart thing. 

Henrik is the only bonafied C we have, the rest have next to no nhl experience

1 minute ago, Green Goblin said:

No way! We didn't want him for free. So why would we pay for him? I'd much rather have someone currently in our organization to earn a spot our team. 

who? linden vey? not really the type of center we need right now. we have no other legit C depth in utica

I agree, might as well throw Vey into the mix but this team desperately needs a veteran down the middle, Horvat is not coping at 2C. Find some cheap replacement because we could easily blow our season in another month and a half.

These are the pressure situations where good GMs excel. Price is hurt, Bergevin assesses what he's got and knows they'll probably be fine. Sutter's hurt, JB needs to see that Horvat and McCann are too young to be a 2C and 3C, so lets see if he does anything about it.

We're 2-4-4 without Sutter, and are only going to get worse in the next 6 weeks without him. At that pace we're worse than Edmonton.

I guess with M.Richards past he wouldnt fit the type of player we would be after. But there wouldnt be any harm in offer him or anyone else a pto. Not sure what other C are currently unsigned

And also, in regards to talbot, we could just send them an ahl player and not a conditional pick. I realize he isnt like he use to be just figured we could use some experience ance help at the C position thats all

10 hours ago, HK Phooey said:

How about a conditional pick to the Canucks for Brendan Gaunce?  On the condition that the conditional pick stays with Vancouver.

What does this have to do with anything I have said. Gaunce has been converted to wing, and he is banged up that is why he was not recalled. Great insight though thanks

Archived