The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oscar Pictorius Found Guilty of Murder by Appeal Court

DonLever

35 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

hopefully that pos rots in jail maybe one of the inmates will somehow shank him we can only hope. People like him deserve a 30cent bullet to the head  like they do in 

china. 

Well, I'm pretty sure China doesn't do firing squads anymore.

Your post in general concerns me on many levels.

12 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Well, I'm pretty sure China doesn't do firing squads anymore.

Your post in general concerns me on many levels.

5000 people a yr are executed in china mostly by lethal injection but sonetimes firing squad still.  Sorry i m not a hipster and if you casually murder  your gf  with premeditation like running man did in south africa  you deserve eye for a eye in my opinion i could careless what your bleeding heart thinks. 

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

5000 people a yr are executed in china mostly by lethal injection but sonetimes firing squad still.  Sorry i m not a hipster and if you casually murder  your gf  with premeditation like running man did in south africa  you deserve eye for a eye in my opinion i could careless what your bleeding heart thinks. 

Again, very strange to call it "hipster bleeding heart".  There's only a handful of countries that haven't abolished capital punishment.  Among those countries, I think the only ones you'd be okay with living in is probably Japan or Taiwan.  Unless you want to see the great streets of Baghdad.  So feel free to head over to China, the ultimate bastion of law and human justice!

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:
41 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Again, very strange to call it "hipster bleeding heart".  There's only a handful of countries that haven't abolished capital punishment.  Among those countries, I think the only ones you'd be okay with living in is probably Japan or Taiwan.  Unless you want to see the great streets of Baghdad.  So feel free to head over to China, the ultimate bastion of law and human justice!

ive been to some crazy places (honduras, nicaragua, vietnam, cambodia, nepal, laos) the most depressing place was nepal because the gov is so corrupt  people with

leprosy begging for a few bucks while missing fingers while rich gov officials and un diplomats drive around in pimped out landrovers and mercedes is eye opening but in all reality theres to many people on the planet and if someone shot oscar in the face not many people would feel bad especially when he planned on killing her in coldblood.  Some times you have to break some eggs to make a omelette and ya capital punishment is needed in some cases (paris shooters, serial rapist, child pedos, terrorists, serial killers)  you do the crime you get dealt with end of story 

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ive been to some crazy places (honduras, nicaragua, vietnam, cambodia, nepal, laos) the most depressing place was nepal because the gov is so corrupt  people with

leprosy begging for a few bucks while missing fingers while rich gov officials and un diplomats drive around in pimped out landrovers and mercedes is eye opening but in all reality theres to many people on the planet and if someone shot oscar in the face not many people would feel bad especially when he planned on killing her in coldblood.  Some times you have to break some eggs to make a omelette and ya capital punishment is needed in some cases (paris shooters, serial rapist, child pedos, terrorists, serial killers)  you do the crime you get dealt with end of story 

I've seen some crazy sentences before, but rarely do they spawn a 2nd paragraph.

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Would that not be similar to going to a civil trial?

This is a criminal trial though... I guess I'm just used to the U.S. laws where the gov't cannot appeal a not-guilty verdict. Apparently the Crown in Canada can appeal a not-guilty verdict just like South Africa, it's just very rare. 

Learn something new every day!

Just now, falcon45ca said:

This is a criminal trial though... I guess I'm just used to the U.S. laws where the gov't cannot appeal a not-guilty verdict. Apparently the Crown in Canada can appeal a not-guilty verdict just like South Africa, it's just very rare. 

Learn something new every day!

I'm not up on my law at this level either however, as an example the OJ case, a criminal one, once settled did not go to a civil trial?

thats what I meant.

8 hours ago, DonLever said:

Finally, justice has been served.  Oscar Pistorius has been found guilty for the murder of Reeva Steenkamp by a Appeal court in South Africa.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/dec/03/oscar-pistorius-appeal-court-guilty-murder-reeva-steenkamp-live

YES!!! Let's finally call it what it was.... straight up MURDER.

Five judges were unanimous in their verdict in that "Pistorius’ evidence and explanations for killing Steenkamp were “implausible” and he had “never offered an acceptable explanation” for firing four times through a closed door." Also that the trial judge was wrong on several points of law, not just the dolus eventualis point.

The judges said it was clear that Pistorius had criminal intent in firing, and was therefore guilty of murder by dolus eventualis (see here for what that means).

Pistorius, who was not at the supreme court in Bloemfontein to hear the ruling, will have to appear at the high court in Pretoria for fresh sentencing by Masipa.

Until then, he is likely to stay under house arrest at his uncle’s home and will not immediately return to prison.

Archived