The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Marcel Goc for 'short term C'

aGENT

I haven't been able to find anything regarding an out-clause, but he's on a 5 year contract with one of the best teams in the DEL where he gets to play with his brother.The term of that contract, combined with the fact it brings him home to Germany (and a team he played for when he was young), says to me he may just be looking to stick it out there.

Also, from what I can see on eliteprospects, he's injured at the moment.

6 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

We would be better off bringing up a player or making a trade for long term,short terms NEVER work out!

Agreed. No point to look for a short term fix. After Sutter comes back we'd have 6 NHL centres.  

Getting yet ANOTHER 3rd or 4th line player isn't going to do anything. 

1 minute ago, CanuckianOne said:

Agreed. No point to look for a short term fix. After Sutter comes back we'd have 6 NHL centres.  

Getting yet ANOTHER 3rd or 4th line player isn't going to do anything. 

Trade, I'd tend to agree. Particularly if we lost anything of significant value.

A guy playing in Europe is FAR less of a risk. Pretty much none actually.

When Sutter comes back, you can move him to wing, sit him in the press box, waive him or trade him at the deadline to a team looking for a depth injury replacement too.

In the mean time, he helps take a little pressure off guys like Horvat and McCann whose spirit we're better off trying not to crush this season.

9 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I haven't been able to find anything regarding an out-clause, but he's on a 5 year contract with one of the best teams in the DEL where he gets to play with his brother.The term of that contract, combined with the fact it brings him home to Germany (and a team he played for when he was young), says to me he may just be looking to stick it out there.

Also, from what I can see on eliteprospects, he's injured at the moment.

Between these points and the fact he'd have to clear waivers if the Canucks signed him (CBA s. 13.23) it's a nice thought but most unlikely to happen.

According to hockeydb he's appeared in only 2 of Mannheim's 24 games this season (0 pts, 2 pim, -1.)  A newspaper article from Germany today (http://www.rnz.de/sport/adlermannheim_artikel,-Adler-Mannheim-vor-prestigetraechtigem-Duell-gegen-Berlin-_arid,146841.html) indicates his team will be missing him in the coming weeks which supports the indication he's injured.

Archived