The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fan Accountability

Patchoball Cannons

17 hours ago, luckylager said:

HOLY WALL OF WORDS!!!

Somebody fire some cannonballs through that!

Edit- thanks for putting some space in there Cannons, I actually took the time to read it now.

You make a few good points about the atmosphere in the Rog, but if you've ever paid attention the Montreal media when the Habs are sucking, they're no better than Vancouver's media. Their fans are also just as vicious and angry as we get, booing their own players etc.

A lot of fans massively overreact to losing skids or are so delusional they think that JB should have turned our burned out stale core into legit contenders over the last 18months...

Keep fighting the good fight. The atmosphere at the Rog will get better after a couple more mediocre to bad seasons when all of the spoiled, rich babies stop going to see a win and real fans can start to get tickets to enjoy watching their team play, win or lose.

LOL mods must've done it for me!

12 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Best thread I have seen on this forum. We support in the highs and the lows. Players come and go. Some grow others fade, but we are the fans no matter what. So let's support the team and hopefully in 2ish years we can bust this bubble we are in and chase the cup once again with confidence. Give Horvat and the young guys a lasting passion for the club so they don't wanna leave for a long time. Give the Sedins, and the rest of the veterans the support they deserve after giving so much to the city on and off the ice.  

This idea that millionaire athletes deserve support is ridiculous. 

Again I'll quote William Munny:

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it. 

Fans pay the money for tickets to games and for merchandise which in turn pays the players salaries. That's how fans support this team.

If players play with little to no urgency or effort, they are open to criticism. 

To say that the entire team, half of which are passengers, deserve fan support when they are losing badly is idiotic and fit for a lickspittle. 

I believe in Henrik, Daniel, Hansen, Markstrom, and the kids. Those individuals have put in a mostly consistent effort game in, game out. 

Everyone else deserves nothing because they are coasting. 

This team would be faring far better in the standings, if those aforementioned passengers actually gave two craps. It's not the lack of talent, grit, speed or skill that is embarrassing. It's the lack of a cohesive identity or heart to this team. 

And that is an issue that has plagued this team far too long. Time for the era of indifference to end.

Come on guys, you can't have your Canucks cake and eat it too!   Embrace a downward fate or keep dreaming of a magical unicorn skate.  It is ok to think positive or just believe we aren't that good.  Both have there pros.  

If you are of the mind set that we just aren't good, then the bonus is a high draft pick and we are likely sellers at the trade deadline.

If you are of the mind set that this team can rebound once some players return and go on a run, great, we make the playoffs and get exciting hockey!

Either way is fine but don't dangle yourself on the fence, it will cause a malignant tumor, or something, in your soul, you know.

A wise man once said,

"The things we control are the things we believe we control but control is an unbelievable response to and irreversible decision." 

Stay Happy My Friends, either way!

Go Canucks!

Yeah, I see a lot of posters simultaneously expecting better results, or at least complaining about the coach, the GM, the team's peformance as a whole - while at the same time riding the contradiction of being members of tank nation.  Ironically, the team is actually performing too well for them, but the hypocritical complaining doesn't cease nevertheless.

So I hear you.

But what is your own position?  You don't appear to have taken one...

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This idea that millionaire athletes deserve support is ridiculous. 

Again I'll quote William Munny:

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it. 

Fans pay the money for tickets to games and for merchandise which in turn pays the players salaries. That's how fans support this team.

If players play with little to no urgency or effort, they are open to criticism. 

To say that the entire team, half of which are passengers, deserve fan support when they are losing badly is idiotic and fit for a lickspittle. 

I believe in Henrik, Daniel, Hansen, Markstrom, and the kids. Those individuals have put in a mostly consistent effort game in, game out. 

Everyone else deserves nothing because they are coasting. 

This team would be faring far better in the standings, if those aforementioned passengers actually gave two craps. It's not the lack of talent, grit, speed or skill that is embarrassing. It's the lack of a cohesive identity or heart to this team. 

And that is an issue that has plagued this team far too long. Time for the era of indifference to end.

I actually agree with this more after the way you put it. Wow, great post.

10 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

I actually agree with this more after the way you put it. Wow, great post.

By the way, I don't mean to call anyone idiotic or a lickspittle. That was a tad harsh. 

We're all in the same boat essentially. Hopelessly addicted Canucks fans. I love the Canucks as an institution and an idea, but I can't say that I even like the present team outside of the aforementioned players. 

We sure weren.t posting comments like this a couple weeks ago when Chicago came into town and played to a 5  2 loss.  I have been a fan of the Canucks from day one except for the Burkie time.  With some of the negative media and some brutal fans  I can see it pulling down the players , coaches and GM. JMO

28 minutes ago, Tig'ol Bitties said:

I'm happy for every loss. Each one is a step closer to Matthews or Chychrun.

Well that sucks. And you're crazy if you think we'd ever win a lottery pick.

Happy for a loss, what the hell crap is that? You're no fan.

Take your saggy boobs to Edmonton and enjoy the draft from there.

5 minutes ago, BigOldOrca said:

We sure weren.t posting comments like this a couple weeks ago when Chicago came into town and played to a 5  2 loss.  I have been a fan of the Canucks from day one except for the Burkie time.  With some of the negative media and some brutal fans  I can see it pulling down the players , coaches and GM. JMO

What did Burkie ever do to you?

Just now, luckylager said:

Well that sucks. And you're crazy if you think we'd ever win a lottery pick.

Happy for a loss, what the hell crap is that? You're no fan.

Take your saggy boobs to Edmonton and enjoy the draft from there.

Lololooloolooooolllllooolll

If you can't see that a rebuild is what's in order than you clearly have your homer glasses on. Look at any team that has won the cups recently - they did so by having 3-6 seasons of bottom feeder seasons, drafting well, and fostering a style of play that was suitable for the players that were drafted.

No but seriously, it's okay. Keep hoping for a cup with our current roster - it's not going to happen.

32 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Yeah, I see a lot of posters simultaneously expecting better results, or at least complaining about the coach, the GM, the team's peformance as a whole - while at the same time riding the contradiction of being members of tank nation.  Ironically, the team is actually performing too well for them, but the hypocritical complaining doesn't cease nevertheless.

So I hear you.

But what is your own position?  You don't appear to have taken one...

Whatever one's expectations or acceptance or reality, they don't have to like what they see and need to vent.  Just because I accept this team is re-building and will lose far more than in the past, does not mean I have to accept when players mail it in or the coach makes questionable lines and benches kids in favour of plugs.  

Oilers and Flames are in a tie for last over all.

I can't stand the thought that either could win the lottery again this year and end up with Matthews.

Or even worse, they lose the lottery but still wind up drafting ahead of us to take Chychrun. Puljujarvi or Tkachuk.

Ugh.

3 minutes ago, Tig'ol Bitties said:

Lololooloolooooolllllooolll

If you can't see that a rebuild is what's in order than you clearly have your homer glasses on. Look at any team that has won the cups recently - they did so by having 3-6 seasons of bottom feeder seasons, drafting well, and fostering a style of play that was suitable for the players that were drafted.

No but seriously, it's okay. Keep hoping for a cup with our current roster - it's not going to happen.

Teams go through their stages, the Canucks are pretty much in palative care right now, the 3-6 seasons of gasping for air are upon us, being happy about it is just plain rude.

You'd have to search long and hard to find a bumpkin homery enough to believe we have anything close to a contender right now, Apollo doesn't count, but cheering for your team to lose is just trashy, like saggy, bra-less knockers in a Budweiser half shirt watching NASCAR while eating a hotdog and picking her ass.

Tanking is for losers. It's okay to lose while you're rebuilding, it's expected, but to be happy about it is just lame.

I hear Edmonton is a real nice city for losers.

Archived