The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fan Accountability

Patchoball Cannons

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Teams go through their stages, the Canucks are pretty much in palative care right now, the 3-6 seasons of gasping for air are upon us, being happy about it is just plain rude.

You'd have to search long and hard to find a bumpkin homery enough to believe we have anything close to a contender right now, Apollo doesn't count, but cheering for your team to lose is just trashy, like saggy, bra-less knockers in a Budweiser half shirt watching NASCAR while eating a hotdog and picking her ass.

Tanking is for losers. It's okay to lose while you're rebuilding, it's expected, but to be happy about it is just lame.

I hear Edmonton is a real nice city for losers.

Bp08E5K.jpg

14 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Whatever one's expectations or acceptance or reality, they don't have to like what they see and need to vent.  Just because I accept this team is re-building and will lose far more than in the past, does not mean I have to accept when players mail it in or the coach makes questionable lines and benches kids in favour of plugs.

you make a half point - certainly valid that you don't have to accept things you don't agree with - however, what you're saying - that you accept rebuilding or however you'd like to coin it, is one thing - whether that is the equivalent of advocating tanking (not really)  is another.

if one is advocating tanking, then I stand by my point that it's hypocritical to be whining about every loss or expecting better performance - complaining about the form that the losses are taking or the means to 'achieving' them is hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, Tig'ol Bitties said:

I'm happy for every loss. Each one is a step closer to Matthews or Chychrun.

Tying to be happy at a loss is difficult but I don't get frustrated or disappointing when this team loses. I kinda expect the team to lose on most nights. There's no point in making the playoffs for 1 round and being bounced out. I'd rather we get top 3 picks over the next 2 or 3 years and get some future stars on this team. Mathews or Chychrun would be a great start this year. 

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

you make a half point - certainly valid that you don't have to accept things you don't agree with - however, what you're saying - that you accept rebuilding or however you'd like to coin it, is one thing - whether that is the equivalent of advocating tanking (not really)  is another.

if one is advocating tanking, then I stand by my point that it's hypocritical to be whining about every loss or expecting better performance - complaining about the form that the losses are taking or the means to 'achieving' them is hypocrisy.

Never advocated tanking but understand that re-building will mean some pain and suffering.  I'm willing to watch the team lose if it is because of the injection of youth who are being taught the game.

I am not a fan of how the re-build as it is currently being managed where what JB says seems to differ drastically from what WD is doing. Watching vets playing at 75%, as if they are resigned to not being competitive is justification for criticism regardless of a re-build or not.

I see a lot of guys happy about the current losing trend in the hopes it leads to a top 5 pick.  I have no problem with that if they are consistent.  I hate losing so as much as I would love Matthews or Chychrun on this team, I want our current group to achieve as much as they are capable of.

59 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well that sucks. And you're crazy if you think we'd ever win a lottery pick.

Happy for a loss, what the hell crap is that? You're no fan.

Take your saggy boobs to Edmonton and enjoy the draft from there.

Well said. Welcome to the Wiserhood!!!

giphy.gif

I was at the Canucks vs Stars game last night, and I gotta admit that was the loudest I heard Rogers Arena in a while, multiple "Go Canucks Go" chants, and the crowd got really into it when Hansen tied it up. The other games I have been to for the past two season's have all been dead silent (minus the moment of ovation in Luongo's return). So yesterday at least gave me a little spark of hope that the fans actually pay attention and can show at least some passion...It's embarrassing when fanbases of the habs, leafs, sens, flames, red wings, bruins, etc. come into our building and make more noise than the canuck fans do. 

23 hours ago, Patchoball Cannons said:
23 hours ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

We have been lucky enough to have a team that has competed every year for the better part of 2 decades. We have enjoyed some great success in that time and some very offensive teams to watch and enjoy for years. We haven't been stuck in a 10 year rebuild and the misery that comes with that. Through all that, we still have the single worst fan base in the NHL. Doesn't matter where the team is in the standings or how well they are playing, the so called fans of this team pick apart anything they can. The players are no good, the coach always needs to be fired and whoever our GM is, is the worst decision maker in pro sports. The sky is always falling. This city is so marred in negativity there is no way that doesn't bring the players down who play here. I don't know if its all the rain, the negative sports media or all the transplanted Vancouverites, who jump on and off of the bandwagon so often it's surprising it hasn't tipped over.

Winnipeg has never won a cup either, yet that city lives and dies for their team, weather its the Jets or the Moose, they support their team through thick and thin. Look at the Calgary stands during the playoffs, their sea of Red provided a lift for their team and gave them energy. I'm not saying that's the reason they beat us last year but it certainly didn't hurt. Fans of the Oilers and Leafs live up to the name fanatic, yeah their delusional and really annoying to listen to, but thy are passionate and support the team no matter what. Montreal is in a league of their own. The fans in Montreal are the best in the NHL. They know when to cheer, when to heckle and most of all how to give their team a home ice advantage. Ottawa has the shortest NHL history of any Canadian team, but still do a way better job of creating energy in their rink and supporting their team.

I am a die hard Canucks fan and have been since I was a kid (36 now) I've lived through the highs and lows that have come with supporting this team, but in the end I've always been a fan, and that means being fanatical about your support. I go to the games and make noise, only to be looked at like a freak from all the silent viewers at Canucks games, only to hear them make noise when the games over, and that noise is all about why the team is terrible, what they would do with the lines, who they would trade out and in, as if it were all so simple. We have the quietest playoff rink in the entire league, they make more noise in cities where they haven't even figured icing out yet, it's embarrassing. Everyone wants to bash the team, I want to bash the fans. We can't control who the coach puts on the ice, or who the GM gives the coach to work with. We can bring energy to the rink every night, we can build the players confidence up through unwavering support, we can wear our colours to the games, we can make some noise. This is a challenge to all the actual fans of this team. Let's try and be supportive no matter what's happening, let's try and keep positive an lets turn this reputation around. Most of all let's make some f'n noise when we go to Rogers arena!

We have been lucky enough to have a team that has competed every year for the better part of 2 decades. We have enjoyed some great success in that time and some very offensive teams to watch and enjoy for years. We haven't been stuck in a 10 year rebuild and the misery that comes with that. Through all that, we still have the single worst fan base in the NHL. Doesn't matter where the team is in the standings or how well they are playing, the so called fans of this team pick apart anything they can. The players are no good, the coach always needs to be fired and whoever our GM is, is the worst decision maker in pro sports. The sky is always falling. This city is so marred in negativity there is no way that doesn't bring the players down who play here. I don't know if its all the rain, the negative sports media or all the transplanted Vancouverites, who jump on and off of the bandwagon so often it's surprising it hasn't tipped over.

Winnipeg has never won a cup either, yet that city lives and dies for their team, weather its the Jets or the Moose, they support their team through thick and thin. Look at the Calgary stands during the playoffs, their sea of Red provided a lift for their team and gave them energy. I'm not saying that's the reason they beat us last year but it certainly didn't hurt. Fans of the Oilers and Leafs live up to the name fanatic, yeah their delusional and really annoying to listen to, but thy are passionate and support the team no matter what. Montreal is in a league of their own. The fans in Montreal are the best in the NHL. They know when to cheer, when to heckle and most of all how to give their team a home ice advantage. Ottawa has the shortest NHL history of any Canadian team, but still do a way better job of creating energy in their rink and supporting their team.

I am a die hard Canucks fan and have been since I was a kid (36 now) I've lived through the highs and lows that have come with supporting this team, but in the end I've always been a fan, and that means being fanatical about your support. I go to the games and make noise, only to be looked at like a freak from all the silent viewers at Canucks games, only to hear them make noise when the games over, and that noise is all about why the team is terrible, what they would do with the lines, who they would trade out and in, as if it were all so simple. We have the quietest playoff rink in the entire league, they make more noise in cities where they haven't even figured icing out yet, it's embarrassing. Everyone wants to bash the team, I want to bash the fans. We can't control who the coach puts on the ice, or who the GM gives the coach to work with. We can bring energy to the rink every night, we can build the players confidence up through unwavering support, we can wear our colours to the games, we can make some noise. This is a challenge to all the actual fans of this team. Let's try and be supportive no matter what's happening, let's try and keep positive an lets turn this reputation around. Most of all let's make some f'n noise when we go to Rogers arena!

Much of what you say is true.  I will tell you one thing - Montreal might have the best fans in the World but Winnipeg fans are second to none.  I went there when TEEMU returned for the first time and that building was screaming loud.  The only thing that came close to that game was when Burr scored in overtime to beat the Hawks in 7.   OMG, we didn't even see them shaking hands becuase we were hugging and screaming with everyone in our section.  That is what an entire game is like in the Peg.  I wish our building was better but somehow you can't make those that get their tickets from their bosses cheer when they don't even really care that much about hockey.  That is likely much of the problem in Vancouver - many give their tickets away to "business people who are not real fans of the game".  

1 hour ago, proheffanol said:

I was at the Canucks vs Stars game last night, and I gotta admit that was the loudest I heard Rogers Arena in a while, multiple "Go Canucks Go" chants, and the crowd got really into it when Hansen tied it up. The other games I have been to for the past two season's have all been dead silent (minus the moment of ovation in Luongo's return). So yesterday at least gave me a little spark of hope that the fans actually pay attention and can show at least some passion...It's embarrassing when fanbases of the habs, leafs, sens, flames, red wings, bruins, etc. come into our building and make more noise than the canuck fans do. 

Actually not hard to do.  In fact the loudest that Canuck fans usually are is when others in the building are cheering for the other team.

21 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

I have watched several Calgary games this year and the fans are as quiet as ours if not more. Calgary had not been in the playoffs for how many years? of course they were jacked. I thought our fans were pretty good in the playoffs.

I have gamecenter and I have also noticed the volume of the canucks feed is turned way down from the other feeds. It is strange but true.

Strange you should say that, I've also noticed it. The NYR, Boston, Detroit, CBJ, Ducks and LA are always turned up.

17 hours ago, Fanaholic said:

Actually not hard to do.  In fact the loudest that Canuck fans usually are is when others in the building are cheering for the other team.

It's the same in Edmonton and Calgary, I've seen lots of games in all three places and it's always loudest when the original 6 teams come to town. 

Archived