The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars 4, Canucks 2

TheRussianRocket.

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Any one else think  Bennings public talk about sticking up for each other and Dorsett/Prust both havinga fight last night ie JB p!ssed at lack of response in Anaheim =  both Prust and Dorsett getting into it last night  LOL

If they get called out,you bet it is...For Dorsett and Prust,its their livelihoods...plus..$$$$$$$$$$ are at stake for them

Prust and Dorsett are becomng 4th line checks much like Cracknell and at the money they're paid they should be adding a little more than just that. One thing Rousell didn't get involved like he does most nights for the Stars and the big guy that has a fight with Prust just like Prust one more fight and they're gone for the game....so he quietened down too.

By the way what does Cracknell add more than a Gaunce ?

5 hours ago, coastal1 said:

the love of the edmonton model is those that see any positive in the canucks losing in terms of getting a higher pick. you do not build a successful team by losing so that you can get a higher pick, edmonton has clearly proven that. So those that say, Yayyy, we lost, we want Chycrum! are totaly misguided in my opinion.

What???? Every fan base whose team that have no shot or very little shot at making the playoffs does that and as of this time Canucks are NOT a playoff team clearly. Like I don't see what's wrong with wanting a high rated prospect. Getting a high draft pick is the first step to becoming a successful team. Drafting a McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Chychrun, etc. will help your team right away and those are the players you want to build your team around.

Put it this way. Sedins aren't getting any younger if we don't have any top prospects coming up after that, this team would be as bad if not worse than Edmonton all those years. Yes Edmonton have sucked and still suck with all those first overall picks but it's only a matter of time before they become competitive, not saying this year but in a couple of years they will be competitive(maybe). They already have players to build around (McDavid, Nuge, Hall, Draisailt etc). Now if we can get a Chychrun, it will help our team be competitive FASTER, while the Sedins are still here. We already have McCann, Horvat, Virtanen, Hutton playing in the NHL so that when Sedin's retire, they'd have the experience already.

Post game interviews are starting to concern me.
When we consistently hear about how the players are aware of their complacency in the third or Henrik going on record saying they pushed to get game to overtime, I think the team's mentality going into games is to squeeze out single points. Not sure what else you could expect when you aim for an 82 point season.

17 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Oh, & you hear screams near the ol' wooden roller coaster.

...So we like rickety, shaking descents..is this a crime?

17 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Then get your mommy to change your diaper!!! You stink! 

Get over yourselves. So what if the team's losing? There's still plenty of ground to be made in our division. There's no need to act all chicken little after 10 bad games.

2 minutes ago, TheLastStandingCloutierFan said:

Get over yourselves. So what if the team's losing? There's still plenty of ground to be made in our division. There's no need to act all chicken little after 10 bad games.

Hmm, well my reply was in jest. I figured buddy's pic was a tad cliche & melodramatic.

I see this team for how it stands, & I'm pleased that they're getting younger at least.

2 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Post game interviews are starting to concern me.
When we consistently hear about how the players are aware of their complacency in the third or Henrik going on record saying they pushed to get game to overtime, I think the team's mentality going into games is to squeeze out single points. Not sure what else you could expect when you aim for an 82 point season.

The season's slipping away, and they're aware of it. Daniel went on record today saying that now is the perfect time to panic, and tomorrow's game will be huge. I think the Canucks are starting to think that this year is simply not their year. Doubt is seeping in.

1 hour ago, HC20.0 said:

The season's slipping away, and they're aware of it. Daniel went on record today saying that now is the perfect time to panic, and tomorrow's game will be huge. I think the Canucks are starting to think that this year is simply not their year. Doubt is seeping in.

Before the season even started,  Henrik mentioned that these would be a tough couple of years. Poor bastard was right. 

6 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Not sure..but those fights last night were staged..they had zero to do with the game.

Dorsett's fight was even more pathetic.  If you watch the replay with audio, Rousell goes down awkwardly bending a knee and you can hear him call out in disconfort.  He barely is on his feet and Dorsett starts pounding him before his gloves are off.

i dunno.  Didn't do it for me.

24 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Dorsett's fight was even more pathetic.  If you watch the replay with audio, Rousell goes down awkwardly bending a knee and you can hear him call out in disconfort.  He barely is on his feet and Dorsett starts pounding him before his gloves are off.

i dunno.  Didn't do it for me.

Normally I would agree but Roussel is such a cheap little weasel, I didn't mind.  He got rocked about 5 times in that game and I loved it every time.  Remember this is the guy that likes to take cheap shots at the Sedins after whistles.  He has no honour so deserves no respect.

6 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Normally I would agree but Roussel is such a cheap little weasel, I didn't mind.  He got rocked about 5 times in that game and I loved it every time.  Remember this is the guy that likes to take cheap shots at the Sedins after whistles.  He has no honour so deserves no respect.

Oh I get it.  And I definitely enjoyed watching the Canucks body him.

it just seemed so contrived.

and the stench of JB having to call out our guys on standing up for each other still lingers for me.  

Im sure there will be more games where we just roll over once jb's voice fades out.

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Oh I get it.  And I definitely enjoyed watching the Canucks body him.

it just seemed so contrived.

and the stench of JB having to call out our guys on standing up for each other still lingers for me.  

Im sure there will be more games where we just roll over once jb's voice fades out.

I hear you.  We've seen this team show up for "moral victories" before by playing a hard, edgy game.  Things return to normal(soft) pretty quickly afterwards.  Aside from the first 10 minutes and the fights against Dallas, the team didn't really play a hard game and Dallas pretty much had their way.

On 2015-12-04, 8:15:53, stawns said:

I'm not sure what you are getting at here?  Most teams that are bad for a while cycle and become very good teams.  The Canucks will be a good team again sometime in the not so distant future as well.

All I am saying is if we can find someone to trade a Seguin type of player to us, that would seriously accelrate the process as it did in Dallas. Problem is, JB doesn't like the Seguin types. That turned out to really help Dallas.

Archived