The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars 4, Canucks 2

TheRussianRocket.

16 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Surprise surprise we lose again and at critical stages near the end that useless Weber gives up way too much time and space backs practically into the crease letting the stars score the game winner then the other usual suspect Edler does what he usually does in the clutch and that's fall apart and take a penalty.

How Weber is even playing period never mind in the late stages of another important game is beyond me.

So there actually is someone on here that knows hockey

WOW congrats

That 3rd goal was 100% WEBER (Hammer even looked back like WTF are you doing YW where are you)  Weber has to step up and take Sharp once he goes across ice there as its Weber's man at that point (but he is putting his a$$ in Millers FACE instead lol) WTF

You all that are saying Hammer had any fault on that goal have no clue about hockey (now the rest of the game for Hammer is another  story lol but that 3rd goal was all WEBERS fault and miller shoulda come up with a save as well but thats another issue :unsure:)

I really think Weber Hammer and Edler need to go by the trade deadline (and Biega should stay in the lineup once Hutton and Sbisa come back) but Willie will send him back down no doubt lol

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Ginu said:

Well, fan's are frustrated for sure but what about the players???  I think we have been breaking every single bad record over the past two years or so. 

I'm afraid eventually players will just get frustrated losing so much and will just ask for a trade... 

Players only meeting coming in 3-2-1 .... ;)

3 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Hamhuis is playing like his dog died.

Weber looks like he just got called up from the ECHL.

Weber, doesn't hit, can't shoot the puck right, doesn't defend right, doesn't block shots, gets knock off due to small size...

...WHY IS HE STILL AT THE LINEUP??

This is the best thing that could happen. Our average players being exposed for what they are,  big changes surely coming and likely a high draft pick!   Be a nice early Christmas present tho however to wake up to Hamhuis gone,  WD fired and Crow on his way over to bring up the new batch of youth with old school high flying Canuck hockey 

13 minutes ago, crazycry said:

I never really liked Weber to be honest. Hated him since the playoffs vs Flames. Stupid giveaway in game 1 and crappy defending in game 6. 

I didn't like his play much before that series but you're right he really helped the Lames throughout he was horrible and clearly in over his head. There's a reason the Canadians got rid of this clown but for some reason WD takes too long to catch on to this and other things he should be noticing that he doesn't.

Thought Miller made some very good saves again tonight but to me as usual he's looking soft on goals and very small in the net on most of the goals he let's in.

I think with the injuries our room for error is non existent and Markstrom gives us the best chance to steal games the Canucks might have to think a bit outside the box and give him that chance.

I really like Markstroms battle level and abilities and the fact that Miller looks very small and it seems to be hurting him whereas watching Markstrom his size, good reflexes, solid positioning and angles make him a big beast.

20 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

...In other words, a trade or two shipping out some vets for picks/prospects and continuing the retool/rebuild, whatever you want to call it.

Wake-up call would be for management to make some moves and make it crystal clear they have a plan to move on from the old core and stop pretending we're good enough to be a playoff team. 

It takes 2 teams to make a trade.  At the moment no other team is going to trade anyone who could help the Canucks - why would they?  The veterans you would want to trade - what would you get back - the other teams veterans that are not playing well.  At this point in time the Canucks are in a no win situation and will just have to ride it out.

20 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

...In other words, a trade or two shipping out some vets for picks/prospects and continuing the retool/rebuild, whatever you want to call it.

Wake-up call would be for management to make some moves and make it crystal clear they have a plan to move on from the old core and stop pretending we're good enough to be a playoff team. 

It takes 2 teams to make a trade.  At the moment no other team is going to trade anyone who could help the Canucks - why would they?  The veterans you would want to trade - what would you get back - the other teams veterans that are not playing well.  At this point in time the Canucks are in a no win situation and will just have to ride it out.

Poor Yannik Weber..the knives are out.

I picture him cornered near a train platform like John Merrick(bag with eyeholes, to conceal identity).."I am NOT AN ANIMAL!! I am a human D-man!"

Lordee, what did we expect? He's an undersized, FA D-orphan. Pick some legitimate targets people..Like who did the penmanship?

2 minutes ago, Zerox said:

Weber, doesn't hit, can't shoot the puck right, doesn't defend right, doesn't block shots, gets knock off due to small size...

Kenan Thompson is chubby, loud, sounds like a girl, and not remotely even funny, why is he still in the Saturday Night Live crew?

The mysterious crap we have to try and figure out everyday.

4 minutes ago, Freaky Freak said:

So there actually is someone on here that knows hockey

WOW congrats

That 3rd goal was 100% WEBER (Hammer even looked back like WTF are you doing YW where are you)  Weber has to step up and take Sharp once he goes across ice there as its Weber's man at that point (but he is putting his a$$ in Millers FACE instead lol) WTF

You all that are saying Hammer had any fault on that goal have no clue about hockey (now the rest of the game for Hammer is another  story lol but that 3rd goal was all WEBERS fault and miller shoulda come up with a save as well but thats another issue :unsure:)

I really think Weber Hammer and Edler need to go by the trade deadline (and Biega should stay in the lineup once Hutton and Sbisa come back) but Willie will send him back down no doubt lol

Reveal hidden contents

I've played my entire life at the highest level until I hit Junior A tryouts and Junior B in Ontario so I would consider myself hockey knowledgable.  While I totally agree with you on the initial fault of that useless moron Weber backing in and not stepping up at all,. The equally useless Hamhuis upon realizing this made one of the softest plays I've ever seen when he could of also stepped up and taking the man, hell slash his stick in two. Do something. Worst pairing in a very long time. 

9 minutes ago, Zerox said:

Weber is the new Aaron Rome.

1 minute ago, VenitoHammer said:

I've played my entire life at the highest level until I hit Junior A tryouts and Junior B in Ontario so I would consider myself hockey knowledgable.  While I totally agree with you on the initial fault of that useless moron Weber backing in and not stepping up at all,. The equally useless Hamhuis upon realizing this made one of the softest plays I've ever seen when he could of also stepped up and taking the man, hell slash his stick in two. Do something. Worst pairing in a very long time. 

You are rite that he has to touch Sharp but it was Weber fault that he even got a shot when he shoulda been on his ASS

And that is such a true statement lol

We can all say all the negative things we saw in tonights game, but come on, we are in the bottom half of the league and this is the best team in the NHL.  To even be in the game for a lot of it was really pretty good.  Put another way, before the game started, if you were to make a bet, who would you have put your money on, . . . thought so.   More realistic expectations required or we will drive ourselves nuts all year.

3 minutes ago, VenitoHammer said:

Pretty inadequate on both parts. What the heck was weber doing way the hell back almost in the crease? Weber made Hemsky look like lucic out there tonight, just continually worked over 

Archived