The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars 4, Canucks 2

TheRussianRocket.

13 minutes ago, Freaky Freak said:

So there actually is someone on here that knows hockey

WOW congrats

That 3rd goal was 100% WEBER (Hammer even looked back like WTF are you doing YW where are you)  Weber has to step up and take Sharp once he goes across ice there as its Weber's man at that point (but he is putting his a$$ in Millers FACE instead lol) WTF

You all that are saying Hammer had any fault on that goal have no clue about hockey (now the rest of the game for Hammer is another  story lol but that 3rd goal was all WEBERS fault and miller shoulda come up with a save as well but thats another issue :unsure:)

I really think Weber Hammer and Edler need to go by the trade deadline (and Biega should stay in the lineup once Hutton and Sbisa come back) but Willie will send him back down no doubt lol

Reveal hidden contents

Yea man. Both just terrible. I just fell back laughing at that play, my wife says "what's so funny?" I just replied I think I'm psychic because I saw that stinky sh!t coming

Signature updated. 

So I just got back to my hotel from the game and what I saw in person is actually different from what I see on TV every week. 

This is a team that does not have a direction. They are trying to be many things, and are instead being nothing. 

There is no hard work, there is no physical play, there is virtually no skill in how they are playing, and there is no heart in their play. 

They have bursts like where they all get on the same page, but then it falls apart.

Now players who shouldn't be on this team aside (WEBER!), The ones who are on the team must be being led astray. We've seen all these players actually perform as recently as last year... yet now they all look timid, completely afraid to make a mistake. Biega had two solid chances to rip a shot, both times opted for the 'completely safe' play to dump it to the far corner. No shots were generated on the play. 

Contrast that with Dallas. They will shoot into anything, from anywhere, with anybody in the way. Fire fire fire. That's the mentality. And their record shows that on balance it's a good idea. Have guys crashing for rebounds and just fire it. 

Our point guys don't get the puck for shots; all game Dallas was cheating down low and loading up the slot with either 4 or all 5 guys. I mean with guys like Weber on the point I can see why... but still. If our D is *that* bad at shooting, it might be time to move all/any of them on. 

These are just observations though... I want my "I watched them lose" counter to start going in the win column. But as long as they think they're playing ok and just getting bad bounces, they're going to circle the drain. 

Great teams make good bounces. 

4 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Pretty inadequate on both parts. What the heck was weber doing way the hell back almost in the crease? Weber made Hemsky look like lucic out there tonight, just continually worked over 

Yea both are just awful and why Weber is even still being played is just mind boggling to me.  wtf they saw in giving this guy 1.5 over at least rolling the dice on Franky...I get the waiver scenario. But really... Blow this thing up 

46 minutes ago, CanuckianOne said:

Hate playing the blame game, but Hammer and Miller blew it tonight. 

This is hard on Hammer. He did get beaten 1-on-1 on the first goal by a bigger, stronger, and faster player. That is what happens when you play against bigger, faster, stronger and better players. And right now Dallas is bigger, stronger, faster, and better than the Canucks.

I think the problem is the basic talent level. Miller is no better than an average NHL goalies. The D is below average. The first line is very good but the other three lines are very weak and look like they have forgetting what scoring means.

Weber, Bartkowski, Biega, Kenins, Cracknell, Baertschi, and Prust are all borderline NHL players at best and that is too many boderline players in the line-up. They are trying hard but just do not have enough talent for a contending team.

Add in the injuries and the struggles of Horvat and Vrby (both of whom are really struggling) and the team just does not have enough ability. As younger players improve with time and injured guys come back the team will improve but right now getting wins against good teams is going to be tough.

Even if the Canucks did bomb and get Matthews or Chychrun, Desjardins would be their coach. 

I don't know if that's a good thing. Boston is going to embarrass the Canucks on home ice.....again.

The Sedins should demand a trade to save face and end their careers on a better note than this flat one. 

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I think #1defense is way more valuable in today's nhl than a #1 center. Plus we have like 0 top potential d men in our system minus Hutton who looks like he could be a top 2 d-man. 

Even if that's true, the difference between Matthews and Chychrun is significant. You always go for the BPA.

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I think #1defense is way more valuable in today's nhl than a #1 center. Plus we have like 0 top potential d men in our system minus Hutton who looks like he could be a top 2 d-man. 

Hutton has really been a surprise(the good kind). 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Even if the Canucks did bomb and get Matthews or Chychrun, Desjardins would be their coach. 

I don't know if that's a good thing. Boston is going to embarrass the Canucks on home ice.....again.

The Sedins should demand a trade to save face and end their careers on a better note than this flat one. 

I beg to differ. If you look back, the good teams we always somehow manage to beat after 2011 are Chicago and Boston.

The Sedins being in the top ten in scoring is not losing any of their face.

Cant believe some folks here are ragging on Miller for the loss...wtf..?.He was what kept us in the game,some of those shots were labelled..The guys in blue mustered 16 shots on Lehtonen....

It's almost getting pointless now blaming the players,the coach and the GM...This team is just not good enough YET..This is the trickle down effect of having a good competitive team throughout the AV/Gillis years...The end of a cycle,the beginning of another.

I still enjoy watching this years Canucks,but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's hard to watch games like this. We're out of it for such long stretches, and play seems so listless. And other times (1st period) it seems entertaining and a product worth watching.

I think we need to get value for any player we trade, irrespective of when we move them. Whether it's now, or the deadline, I hope that we do our due diligence, and come out well. Ideally, I'd like to get some 1st round picks, so we have assets of interest at the draft, and can make big moves. 

I'd also hope we have lots of cap going into what looks to be a very attractive free agency class.

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

I beg to differ. If you look back, the good teams we always somehow manage to beat after 2011 are Chicago and Boston.

The Sedins being in the top ten in scoring is not losing any of their face.

But the Sedins are only two players. Amazingly timeless awesome players afloat in a sea of mediocrity. 

The Sedins will score and push the pace but the defense will let them down yet again like the sieve that it is. 

10 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

We can all say all the negative things we saw in tonights game, but come on, we are in the bottom half of the league and this is the best team in the NHL.  To even be in the game for a lot of it was really pretty good.  Put another way, before the game started, if you were to make a bet, who would you have put your money on, . . . thought so.   More realistic expectations required or we will drive ourselves nuts all year.

The score flattered the Canucks. 16 shots just won't get it done, and most of those shots were not quality chances. The Canucks were badly outplayed. Benning has not done a good job of assembling talent is the short run. His short run acquisitions -- Miller, Vrby (this year, not last year), Bartkowski, Baertschi, Dorset, Prust, etc. are just not good enough, especially in view of the cap hits.

I admit that it hurts that Sutter and Sbisa are injured. They are decent players. But keep in mind that for Sutter's cap hit the Canucks could have retained both Bonino and Richardson -- both of whom would help the team right now even though they are not exactly setting the league on fire. SImilarly, Sbisa is not bad for a 3rd pairing guy but he is overpaid.

14 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

That's insulting to Rome. At least that man could drop the gloves every once in a while. 

Their roles are pretty close.

That being said Weber drops his jock out there quite often.

Archived