The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twins Don't Deserve This

Nuxfanabroad

Sorry, heard what JB publicly stated, but our team is headed for the ditch.

Send the twins out East. Let the prime-time masses appreciate the beauty of their genius. As a bonus, we'd likely get to add 2 or 3 young gems to really get the future percolatin'.

Rebuilds are like true romance-it's 100% or nuthin..let's stop kidding ourselves.

Lastly, use  allopening cap space to take on useless bums(on 1 or 2 yr term remaining deals; with accompanying youth & size). Lets stockpile young futures. Use our 71 mill as a dirty, old sponge to soak up other franchises messy excess.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it. They signed the contracts. 

That being said, if I was them and still possessed the insane ability they do at 35, I'd demand a trade out of this tire fire ASAP. 

Gawd PB you read my mind..was just gonna say-Noone be quotin' William Munny.

Meanwhile the complicit officials allow our team to be treated like English Bob! :^)..That is, when Lil' Bill brought up the Queen on July 4th...

& hey..These two DESERVE inscription on the mug-I'd like to see it.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Gawd PB you read my mind..was just gonna say-Noone be quotin' William Munny.

Meanwhile the complicit officials allow our team to be treated like English Bob! :^)..That is, when Lil' Bill brought up the Queen on July 4th...

& hey..These two DESERVE inscription on the mug-I'd like to see it.

Me too. Love to see their names on it. 

The Canucks have been put at the mercy of their enemies. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it. They signed the contracts. 

That being said, if I was them and still possessed the insane ability they do at 35, I'd demand a trade out of this tire fire ASAP. 

I'm glad the Sedins aren't that cute/confused/scared/surprised monkey you got going there Philly.  But you be right...the Sedins on a team like the Senators with Karlsson as their trigger man on the point would be deadly and cement them as two of the best players of their generation.  Too bad they're stuck with a stiff like Edler.

If I KNEW they would win a Cup, then I'd say sure...

But they probably wouldn't win one wherever they got traded anyway.

Let them get their 1000th points as Canucks.

Then, if they want to leave, or if someone like LA or Chicago wants to add them to a team that already has a 25-40% chance of winning the Cup, then take calls.

6 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

I'm glad the Sedins aren't that cute/confused/scared/surprised monkey you got going there Philly.  But you be right...the Sedins on a team like the Senators with Karlsson as their trigger man on the point would be deadly and cement them as two of the best players of their generation.  Too bad they're stuck with a stiff like Edler.

Totally. He is like a life preserver made of concrete. 

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So do it:

Twins & Edler (retain 3.5 mill on 1) ..15.5 mill AAV

Ott: Zibenajad, Bobby Ryan, Mark Methot, a 2nd..(14.8 mill AAV)

I don't think Ottawa feels confident with the Ryan deal(subsequent contract)

Edler needs to go somewhere where he doesn't screw up the Sedins mojo. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Edler needs to go somewhere where he doesn't screw up the Sedins mojo. 

No man, the 'Swedish four' on PP's would fit well with Ottawa's game.

They've got great pieces for depth-scoring too.

In 2 more yrs, they can get out from the contracts if it don't fly(Melnyk's a cheap b*stard)

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

No man, the 'Swedish four' on PP's would fit well with Ottawa's game.

They've got great pieces for depth-scoring too.

In 2 more yrs, they can get out from the contracts if it don't fly(Melnyk's a cheap b*stard)

Fair enough. As long as Edler is gone, I'm happy. 

But who would take them. They are going to be moved as a package and no contending team is able to meet the price. It will take like three or four first round picks to get both of them for a contending team without sacrificing their existing roster seeing their picks are like in the bottom 20. There is the cap to consider too as contending teams probably don't have $14 million to spear.

Trading them to another bottom feeder is a null move for the Sedins so that ain't happening.

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

But who would take them. They are going to be moved as a package and no contending team is able to meet the price. It will take like three or four first round picks to get both of them for a contending team without sacrificing their existing roster seeing their picks are like in the bottom 20. There is the cap to consider too as contending teams probably don't have $14 million to spear.

Trading them to another bottom feeder is a null move for the Sedins so that ain't happening.

I thought I painted an illustration? Hack away at that(like Dorsett with a yawning cage), if it tickles yer fancy...

Archived