The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twins Don't Deserve This

Nuxfanabroad

It's not up to us fans what the Sedins "deserve". It's up to the Sedins.

To the op: who are you to judge what another "deserves"? It's their lives, not yours. While I know you mean well, perhaps letting the Sedins decide would be better.

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

What the twins don't need is someone else pretending to decide their fate.

I'm sure they can work out what they want among each other - and let GMJB know. 

But my finger is hovering near the red alert button, & it's mighty itchy.

Just gave JB an earful on the tele..poor guy needed guidance!

6 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

The Sedins are smart enough to know what was coming when they signed those last contracts. If they would like to move on at some point, JB should try to accommodate them. If they want to retire as Canucks, they should be granted that wish, too. Either way is fine. What I would not do is try to put a winning team around them trying for some last gasp shot at a Cup. Thank goodness Benning won't be doing anything like that.

Your 2nd sentence is irrefutable..ultimately it's up to them lads. If they wanna experience another decent run on these current contracts(not some lame, one & done), they'd decide based upon that point.

I actually thought what if they went to Tampa Bay? They'd make great linemates with Stamkos if they could somehow mesh their two effective, but different styles. Will give Tampa a lot of scoring depth, maybe put them closer to winning.

Or they could go to NYI, make a good second line behind Tavares.

The Sedins aren't going anywhere. Not under Linden and Bennings watch.

Stop wasting your time with Eklund like trade proposals, it ain't happening.

They'll be here to lead the way for the next core of this team, just like Linden and Naslund were there for them.

On 12/3/2015, 10:57:46, PhillipBlunt said:

Edler needs to go somewhere where he doesn't screw up the Sedins mojo. 

Edler has 6 power play points this season 2G 4A. Do you even watch hockey?

Also, Sedins have already stated THEY WILL RETIRE if they aren't playing in Vancouver, they aren't being traded... We go through this EVERY season.

Some of you are absolutely right, The Sedins do not deserve this.

They do not deserve people calling them old and on the decline.

They do not deserve people who are up and at em ready to trade them off to see what

we can get since we are in "rebuilding" mode. The Sedins have a no movement clause and they

deserve to have their say on the direction of their career whether it is this city or another city. This is not a video game or trading hockey cards. Not only are you trading away a player, but you are trading players who have built thier lives in the city they are loyal to. Is this the way to reward loyalty? Asset management is one thing but there is a human element to this game as well. The have said time and time again they want to retire as Canucks, Benning has said time and time again they will retire here so. So yes I don't believe they deserve this. They deserve to have the true Canucks fans support them, be quiet, sit back and watch the majic happen because regardless of record they are still fun to watch,

Archived