The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins vs. Canucks - Saturday, December 5 - 7PM PT

canucksnhl

The Bruins are in town.  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

As I said in another thread, as a sports fan, I've learned to take the good with the bad and ride out the waves.   The age of immediate gratification and short attention spans means people will base a season on each and every game.

Is there a pattern of concern that's developed since 2011?  Yes...an aging core that perhaps lost the absolute will to lay it all on the line for 82 games, then reset and kick it up a notch higher for the mini season of playoffs that wipes out everything you just did before it, may have diminished.  Came so close, yet ended up so far away.  But it takes time and letting go of some key players HAS happened.  Those wanting a fire sale and living with the illusion that if you trade all the playerz and get all new/younger playerz that you will win the cup without question don't get the difficulty in doing so. 

Keep rehashing the same argument but...Edmonton.  And sure, "coaching" and this and that but...that just serves to make my point.  It's a combination of things that get a team there...some within their control, others - not (injuries and officiating).

We need a good win to level things out.  Then, to build from that because a win that only comes every now and then drives this fanbase into a frenzy.  And, gives me a headache.

Did anyone expect us to glide through?  I think we knew it would be a work in progress so why forget it along the way.  We wanted scoring (and we're getting that - at least from some).  We wanted a solid D (and got rid of Bieksa and his blunders...even if the cost was some grit that did have some guys think twice before leveling us).  Now it's obvious the problem wasn't solely the issue and are seeing that this is just a tough gig.  That it isn't as easy as remove player A and all will be bright.  We wanted secondary scoring (but do have some injury related residue and young'uns in place who require some patience).  It's a time of tinkering and adjusting and I'm fine with that.  Peaks and valleys are part of the deal in sports and it's about trying to find consistency (enough) to be in the race. I'd rather do that (tinker/adjust) than a glaring change that really offers nothing in the way of guaranteed success.  There is no recipe for that - it's about staying healthy, working hard every minute out there and finding some luck along the way.  If it was to be a "given/proven formula", there'd be no point in watching.

Patience, I guess that's my message.

Go Canucks Go...I'm calling 3-1 for us.   Dammit.

You make some very good points. No one said it was going to easy or we were going to win the cup this year. We knew there would be growing pains with the young kids and I enjoy watching them play. To be honest I bet most thought we'd get blown out of more games like in Anaheim. What's frustrating is the way we've lost games by blowing leads and losing each game in overtime. You couldn't write that movie script. The fact as well most of the poor play and gaffs have been the vets who are supposed to be showing the young guys the way has been shocking. 

Seriously, if Yannik Weber is doing nothing in this game again...he will be shipped out of town very soon.

Doesn't hit, doesn't shoot, doesn't score, can't kill a penalty, and he turnsover the puck a lot.

And the Defense in the offensive zone...please SHOOT THE PUCK. Don't just hold on to it and pass to another back & forth.

A lot of Canuck's goals were generated because the defense shoots the puck intentionally missed or deflected at the net.

Not expecting a win in this one.  This team just isn't built to win right now.  The defense has to be 100% better because once the opposition gets around them, Miller has proven to be up and down, either he's on and keeps us in the game, or he's off, as in under 0.900 save percentage.  In those games..yuck.

Part of the process when you are trying to rebuild on the go unfortunately.  At least make it entertaining boys.

10 minutes ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

marchanddive.0.jpg

I'm hoping to see this at tonight's game, actually a stretcher would be better, and even better if the paramedics dropped him off the stretcher onto his head!

I'm with you man! 

Also in before some righteous posters say tthat's classless. 

Rat boy is a garbage human being. Karma will catch up. 

Overall the Canucks are 29-67-15-2 against the Bruins.  Tonight will be game number 114.  They had success last season against the Bruins as they beat them 5-2 at home and 2-1 on the road with both victories in regulation.  Shaun Matthias got a hat trick in their 5-2 win last year on February 14th. 

Tired of losing, hopefully this will be the game they will bounce back.

Once again the Nucks face a team that played the night before.

While this version of the Bruins may not be "big and bad" like they used to be, they will have "attitude" after letting the game slip through their fingers last night.

Chara still knows how to check the Sedins, however it is doubtful that Marchand will be allowed to "bobble head" Hank without a visit.

The Bruins will be angry, the Canucks in a "panic" and under tremendous stress for a "must win" at only game 28.

If WD can't keep the Sedins away from Chara this could be a very long night.

There are so many cliché's that can be trotted out that it is not necessary although "make hay while the sun shines" might be appropriate in view of the upcoming games.

Who has the net? Depending upon the answer, the question might still be pertinent.

Archived