The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins vs. Canucks - Saturday, December 5 - 7PM PT

canucksnhl

The Bruins are in town.  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Total lack of skill, no depth, and now no heart. To mail it in at home against Boston. I don't see how this develops the young guys. And finally I don't see Willie playing any kind of systems. Our PK is a wreck and our PP creates nothing. But that goes back to skill. At home this is just sad, against Boston no less. As much as I think Marchand is a neanderthal, we can't descend to his level. 

Heck my calendar must be wrong I went to Rogers Arena last night because I thought it was an NHL game but turned out it was a pick up game transferred from 8 Rinks. I'm thinking that's a lot of money to watch a pick up game

Sadly enough I have tickets for another 4 games this month

As mentioned more than once the core is beyond stale. Doesn't matter who's fault it is JB and Co are saddled with fixing it. Playing the rookies has not been a mistake. They are not the problem because they have so much upside and development potential with bodies that are still growing and not worn down.

One could argue the rookies have been out shining the vet core, even waiting for them to catch up.

I'm thinking that JB and Co underestimated the aging of the core. Keeping key core members around to disciple the youngsters is a great idea. They just kept too many.

Higgens, Burrows and even Hansen who's is at an optimum because of his great start, have plateaued, they were there at the end of last season. Done!

Edler - with his play of late what the heck would they get back in return? If he waved his NTC.

Virbata- lets face it, every one was not worried about him regaining his scoring touch at the beginning of the season, he hasn't. As trade bait the other team has more leverage. Not good.

Miller- he looks old and slow, another one that slowed a fraction over the off season.Wrong time to reinvent oneself. Markstrom will adjust, Miller can't adjust to old man time.

Coaching- I'll start with Glen Galutson (sp?), he's a hold over from the Torts era. Last year wasn't bad until late in the season. The PP has yet to click and is arguably slipping backwards even with the Sedins playing well. Nothing new from this offensive coach, zippo.

Lidster - the defense is depleted and it's core members aren't playing well. Hamhuis and Edler have been really bad at times. With out them what does Lidster have to work with past Tanev and Hutton? Weber is inconstant and too dam small. Biega, too small.

Finally WD. This guys option card seems small. He keeps playing the same group on the PP. Why no young players on the number one line? They're not turning it over as much as their veteran defense on the pp or in over time. I really like WD and thought he was a good hire but his adjustments  to a tough situation are falling short by a large margin. Further more his lack of being able to infuse some heart into this group is most troubling.

JB - he can clearly see what he's got. He was fuming last night, so any thoughts of a conspiracy of tanking are false. One could see how much he hates losing and he knows hes  partially to blame and responsible to fix things. Seeing him boiling  like he was last night is a good thing. Knowing Trevor Linden also hates losing is a good thing.

The problem was the players didn't boil! "We gotta play better." Is any one else tired of hearing this? They can't play any better, that's it. The fans know it, the players need to accept it.

**I don't think JB is beyond moving past his mistakes and WD is inching towards the hot seat rapidly, as in he could be getting fired. One of the best coaches not coaching in the NHL is coaching Vancouver's farm team in Utica and knows the young players and the same systems used in Vancouver.

Don't sell JB short, he can be a hard, he will not waffle like his predecessor Gillis. The changes are going to come fast.  

I think last nights game spells bad news for some vets on this team. Hope for fans.

Patience

Archived