The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) if lucic becomes available at the deadline should the Canucks deal for him?

Now this pure speculating, but I'm guessing since the Kings spent a lot to get him they won't want to see him walk for nothing. if lucic makes it clear to the Kings he has no intention of re-signing with them and his first priority is to sign with the Canucks, should the Canucks jump the gun a bit to help us make the playoffs and support the sedins?

Now I'm assuming most teams won't really be interested in him if they know he is purely a rental and the price will be a roster player to be a kind of a lateral move for the Kings so they don't feel a loss because they're still a cup contender. For the other teams sake, Those moves are very uncommon for teams gearing up for a long playoff run 

Also how much would you spend? If at all

to van: lucic

to la: vrbata, Jensen, conditional 2nd pick(if the Canucks make it to the 2nd round or west finals) 

Swapping top 6 forwards who are pending UFA's (plus another moderate asset or two) might be a fair move for a team with very little leverage 

Sedin-sedin-hansen

lucic-sutter-virtanen

baerschi-horvat-burrows

prust-McCann-dorsett

if the sedins keep giving it 100% every night than the Canucks have to respect their franchise players for the last 10 years and give them a chance at the cup

17 minutes ago, billabong said:

Now this pure speculating, but I'm guessing since the Kings spent a lot to get him they won't want to see him walk for nothing. if lucic makes it clear to the Kings he has no intention of re-signing with them and his first priority is to sign with the Canucks, should the Canucks jump the gun a bit to help us make the playoffs and support the sedins?

Now I'm assuming most teams won't really be interested in him if they know he is purely a rental and the price will be a roster player to be a kind of a lateral move for the Kings so they don't feel a loss because they're still a cup contender. For the other teams sake, Those moves are very uncommon for teams gearing up for a long playoff run 

to la: vrbata, Jensen, conditional 2nd pick(if the Canucks make it to the 2nd round or west finals) 

Swapping top 6 forwards who are pending UFA's (plus another moderate asset or two) might be a fair move for a team with very little leverage 

Sedin-sedin-hansen

lucic-sutter-virtanen

baerschi-horvat-burrows

prust-McCann-dorsett

if the sedins keep giving it 100% every night than the Canucks have to respect their franchise players for the last 10 years and give them a chance at the cup

oh yes, Lucic makes this team a cup contender. that's obvious, the Canucks are clearly only one player away.

No...why?

Pay Lombardi a ransom for a guy we cannot guarantee will sign here for what reason?  To slow our ascent in to a top 10 pick?

come on man....that's like your mechanic telling you your car is dead because you forgot to put oil in it and you asking if he can change the air freshener because it will look cool except the air freshener costs $5,000

I understand that you are speculating but I disagree with your assumption that L.A. would consider trading him. This is based on my own assumption that L.A. will be competing for a playoff spot, which I suspect they envisioned when they signed Lucic to a one year deal. They will play it out as planned imho. but...if he were made available I would hope the Canucks pass.As others have stated, pursue through ufa if interested.

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Sedin-sedin-hansen

lucic-sutter-virtanen

baerschi-horvat-burrows

prust-McCann-dorsett

why? Why would the Canucks of all teams who are in no way considered a contender trade anything for a player who is a free agent. makes zero sense. this is absolute garbage and makes me angry that you would even bring this up. seriously.

Archived