Canucks Community

Who are the true #1 Centres in the NHL?

Crabcakes

2 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

David Krejci?

Johansen? 

Macinnon?

Datsyuk?

Nuge? (Hard to judge considering who he plays for)

Backstrom?

Kutznetzov 

Hudler deserves some consideration based on his body of work in Calgary, though I believe his been playing on the wing lately. 

F. Forsberg, McDavid, Drai, Eichel ect. haven't been around long enough, may be a little early to consider Johansson as well

in too late, i know. Wrote this and forgot to post.

Who cares who they are!  How the HELL DO WE GET ONE?  How do we get RNH, or Duchene?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Okay, continue on our same path to the bottom of the league and we draft one.

Maybe,

You can never be sure if you're getting a true #1 just because he was drafted near the top….

…..Holy crap!! What the hell is Brett Hull on? and How do I get some!?!?!

2 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Maybe,

You can never be sure if you're getting a true #1 just because he was drafted near the top….

…..Holy crap!! What the hell is Brett Hull on? and How do I get some!?!?!

That's how we got Henrik.  Top three pick.  I really don't think RNH and Duchene are number one centres on Cup competitive teams anyway.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That's how we got Henrik.  Top three pick.  I really don't think RNH and Duchene are number one centres on Cup competitive teams anyway.

Riiight……….Ok,

I get your shtick now…..

….meh…seriously, this is CDC, if you want to be THAT guy the bar is pretty high (As Brett Hull one might say)

1 minute ago, terrible.dee said:

Riiight……….Ok,

I get your shtick now…..

….meh…seriously, this is CDC, if you want to be THAT guy the bar is pretty high (As Brett Hull one might say)

Sorry, but I don't get your meaning.  This is CDC, and I belong to the dim witted alien group.  You need to just say stuff straight up.  

Do you think those two centres are number ones on a Cup contender?

Lets put up a revised list.

Remember the criteria.  It's not just any first line centre.  The list is of true #1 dominant studs.  The sort of player that every team drools over and covets.  The kind of guy who you build a team around.  They are almost never traded and when they are, teams will mortgage the farm for them.

Again, the numbering is just to count, not to rank.

1. Seguin
  2. Stamkos
  3. Crosby
  4. Toews
  5. Sedin
  6. Malkin
  7. Tavares
  8. Backstrom
  9. Getzlaf
  10. Kopitar
  11. Giroux...................that's my original list, I've dropped Thornton and Staal
  12. Kuznetsov
  13. MacKinnon
  14. Bergeron
  15. R Johansen
  16. Datsyuk

Honorable mention to Duchene, Krejci, Zetterberg, Pavelski, Coture who may make the list in future

And to rookies who will likely be on the list in a year or 2:  McDavid, Draisaitl, Eichel

31 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Remember the criteria.  It's not just any first line centre.  The list is of true #1 dominant studs.  The sort of player that every team drools over and covets.  The kind of guy who you build a team around.  They are almost never traded and when they are, teams will mortgage the farm for them.

1. Seguin
  2. Stamkos
  3. Crosby
  4. Toews
  5. Sedin
  6. Malkin
  7. Tavares
  8. Backstrom
  9. Getzlaf
  10. Kopitar
  11. Giroux...................that's my original list, I've dropped Thornton and Staal
  12. Kuznetsov
  13. MacKinnon
  14. Bergeron
  15. R Johansen
  16. Datsyuk

Honorable mention to Duchene, Krejci, Zetterberg, Pavelski, Coture who may make the list in future

And to rookies who will likely be on the list in a year or 2:  McDavid, Draisaitl, Eichel

This is a list I can agree with. 

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

1. Seguin
  2. Stamkos
  3. Crosby
  4. Toews
  5. Sedin
  6. Malkin
  7. Tavares
  8. Backstrom
  9. Getzlaf
  10. Kopitar
  12. Kuznetsov
  13. MacKinnon
  14. Bergeron
  15. R Johansen
  16. Datsyuk

Yeah, that looks about right.

Thornton and Staal have both BEEN true #1's, and will be remembered as them, but you're probably right not to include them at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived