The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Bruins 4, Canucks nil

TheRussianRocket.

2 minutes ago, shadowgoon said:

The comment regarding applauding was more generalized toward the seemingly common sentiment toward the cheap shot.

That's just it, I'm not feeling sorry for the "Rat", I'm holding Prust and anyone else who wears a Canuck jersey accountable for chicken$&!# stunts they pull, like this one.

It's not going out of my way to respect Marchand, quite the opposite. You seem to confuse what I'm saying with what you're thinking. By all means, I can't stand Marchand. But respect in the game means you don't sucker punch, spear, or otherwise cheap shot when someone isn't expecting it.

Prust could have easily grabbed him by the jersey and pummeled the crap out of him and I would have said "good on 'ya", at least Marchand would have had an opportunity to defend himself (which we all know would have been to turtle), but that doesn't matter. Prust's lack of respect for the GAME, meant Marchand had no such opportunity.

That's the point I've been making all along.

I doubt you and the moral majority would have applauded that. You would have compared him to Bertuzzi and wanted him banished for life.
What Prust did to Marchand without hurting him was humiliate him. And no I don't condone spearing anyone. He will get suspended for this and rightly so but I am sure next time Marchand suites up against us he will remember!

Prusts potential suspension could be a blessing in disguise if a youngster from utica steps up and plays a very solid game.  Could put the pressure on the vets and lazy bums.  Shape up or ship out.  Hope they call up Greiner he looked good in his last one.

1 minute ago, grumpworsley said:

I doubt you and the moral majority would have applauded that. You would have compared him to Bertuzzi and wanted him banished for life.
What Prust did to Marchand without hurting him was humiliate him. And no I don't condone spearing anyone. He will get suspended for this and rightly so but I am sure next time Marchand suites up against us he will remember!

Please dont bring up the whole bertuzzi thing.  the fact almost this entire province turned on him was pathetic.  Anyone who knows anything about anything knows it wasn't the hit that did the damage.  Was all those idiots pilling on top.  Bert was one of the best players in this franchise history and we turned on him like a dog with rabbies.  One of the most sad times in time as a canucks fan.

Lets try and put that too rest though and remember the good times of that era. Those were my formative years I sure enjoyed it.

I have NO problem with Prust's actions. Not a classy move, but Marchand is not a classy guy and he routinely runs rampant over this team cheap shot wise. You know these 2 know each other well from all the heated games between the Habs and Bruins. Prust took a harmless little cheap shot to a cheap player. No big deal.  Its not like a head shot or knee on knee. I bet Marchand probably found it funny once the throbbing nard pain went away. 

Just now, coastal1 said:

I like that part:

"I would have preferred to see him beaten to a pulp, but since this was never going to happen, this comes a close second."

So his little act on the ice makes you think that he was hurt bad??? Didn't look to me that he was suffering much on the bench after. Like you said, this guy made a carreer of diving and still people here fall for it, oh yes Prust got him good! When will people here wake up to his act?? Aren't you even a little insulted that Julien put him back on the ice for the next shift? Just to rub the Canucks' face in it! You enjoyed the moment, you enjoyed his acting on the ice after the little poke in his gut area? Amazing!!! You must love good acting.

I enjoy anything that happens to the rat face... I wish he'd get done good and proper but nobody seems to be into that. He gets away with anything. Too bad it didn't do more damage to him, but can always hope for next time.

How about your self? Do you enjoy, this little ring kissing puke do, as he likes, because he always turtles out, when the bills has to be paid. What do you suggest. Take the high ground?

14 minutes ago, shadowgoon said:

The comment regarding applauding was more generalized toward the seemingly common sentiment toward the cheap shot.

That's just it, I'm not feeling sorry for the "Rat", I'm holding Prust and anyone else who wears a Canuck jersey accountable for chicken$&!# stunts they pull, like this one.

It's not going out of my way to respect Marchand, quite the opposite. You seem to confuse what I'm saying with what you're thinking. By all means, I can't stand Marchand. But respect in the game means you don't sucker punch, spear, or otherwise cheap shot when someone isn't expecting it.

Prust could have easily grabbed him by the jersey and pummeled the crap out of him and I would have said "good on 'ya", at least Marchand would have had an opportunity to defend himself (which we all know would have been to turtle), but that doesn't matter. Prust's lack of respect for the GAME, meant Marchand had no such opportunity.

That's the point I've been making all along.

Fair enough, but i think if you live by the sword sometimes you die by the sword.  In today's NHL there is very little that can be done to make a rat like Marchand accountable.  

He mocked the whole stadium last year with his antics - this displayed a COMPLETE lack of respect for the fans and the team and THE GAME.   He dives, cheats, cheap shots, slashes.  I dont need to remind anyone of the cheap and potential career damaging hit he executed vs Sami Salo.  

You cant have one player ignoring the moral high ground and then expect other players to uphold a moral high ground while dealing with him.  He got a shot to the nards, I dont feel sorry for him.

If they want to get the rat next game.  Just get everyone to continue to go after him. shove him, push him, maybe throw some gloves in his face.  Go after him all game and he will eventually break down and drop the gloves or slither to the bench.  I would love to see him get smacked but you know what that means dont you?  He's doing his job and hes doing it well.  Just like how they felt about Burrows.  Hes an agintator.  Stop letting him agitate you.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If they want to get the rat next game.  Just get everyone to continue to go after him. shove him, push him, maybe throw some gloves in his face.  Go after him all game and he will eventually break down and drop the gloves or slither to the bench.  I would love to see him get smacked but you know what that means dont you?  He's doing his job and hes doing it well.  Just like how they felt about Burrows.  Hes an agintator.  Stop letting him agitate you.

You are absolutely right. Just can't... he is the one player in the NHL that I truly hate... 

21 minutes ago, apollo said:

Willie must go.  He's wasting the sedins glory years. 

Too many damn kids in the lineup... They play like garbage. 

I'm so angry... Stop wasting the sedins peak years. This is a joke. 

Hey Homer - I don't see why you're blaming the coach for youth in the lineup - that's what virtually everyone wanted - and with a handful of injuries, inevitable regardless.

If guys like Miller, Vrbata, Prust were performing, perhaps you'd have a case - but regardless, suggesting that the youth play like garbage is nonsense imo - they're doing what they can under the circumstances and are in a bit over their head - as the vast majority around here, ironically, wanted it.

If you're looking to lay blame, look no further than your buddy Ryan Milller - the team was rolling along at a decent clip until he introduced the first crack in the room, chirping Sedin publicly.   Perhaps just a coincidence, but the team has lacked cohesion since - and ironically, Miller himself has sucked since that point....

Unfortunately with Jones playing well in San Jose there's probably no market to dump him on.

Maybe with Gibson seizing the starting role in Anaheim we could dump him there for one of there current backups if they want another me-first ex-Canuck to provide some veteran depth in the crease.

Prust to Arizona for Chipchura.

Those two things would make me happy.   I'm not in the tank crowd but I'm always game for a move or two.   That's where I'd start.

Here's the thing. What Prust did was dirty, and if was against any other player, most of us would be upset with him. However, since it happened to Marchand, whose history is filled with bulls**t, it is far more satisfying. It is a case of karma coming back to bite him on the nose. 

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Prusts potential suspension could be a blessing in disguise if a youngster from utica steps up and plays a very solid game.  Could put the pressure on the vets and lazy bums.  Shape up or ship out.  Hope they call up Greiner he looked good in his last one.

Hasn't happened yet.  Don't see it happening in the future.

17 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Here's the thing. What Prust did was dirty, and if was against any other player, most of us would be upset with him. However, since it happened to Marchand, whose history is filled with bulls**t, it is far more satisfying. It is a case of karma coming back to bite him on the nose. 

Yes but just because a player is dirty, cheap,a cheat then why stoop to his level and take a cheap shot on him? How much more satisfying would it have been if Prust landed a clean, big hit on ratboy? Watching him stumble around on skates after a successful hit would've been better.

21 minutes ago, Qwags said:

That nose could feed a whole 3rd world country of karmas.

3 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Yes but just because a player is dirty, cheap,a cheat then why stoop to his level and take a cheap shot on him? How much more satisfying would it have been if Prust landed a clean, big hit on ratboy? Watching him stumble around on skates after a successful hit would've been better.

So hitting someone with a "clean" big hit with intent to injure is better then a spear to the Balls?

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

I agree.  This season is already in the toilet.  Waste the game in Boston by going after Marchand every shift he's on the ice.  Take whatever penalties, who cares.  Just take the dude out.  Play the whole game shorthanded, whatever it takes...

Archived