The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Bruins 4, Canucks nil

TheRussianRocket.

I really like Hutton and what he could mean to this team, in the interest of saving him, he'd be better off in Utica.  These are not the habits a young defenseman needs to learn.  And when both goalies are consistently giving up goals ober the shoulder you have to look at the goalie coaches and ask why these guys are so deep in the net.  Of course, part of the reason as that his defense is unable to cover anyone in case of a cross ice pass - but you can't ruin the goalies just because the D is so bad.  This might actually be the worst defensive group I've seen in Vancouver in twenty years, and the forwards are a soft as melting butter.

The focus has to be to protect the kids by sending them elsewhere, and let this group be just as bad as they seem to be.  We need to replace this coaching staff with guys who are all about bringing on the kids.  Let 'em finish this season and then clean house - and oh yeah, Benning, don't be trading any more draft picks for players other teams have given up on - it is not working for you.

1 minute ago, xereau said:

5k fine max or the league is a joke.

It's a Vancouver player who played dirty - so the league will make an example of him.

But it's OK if anyone else from any other city does it. Then it's just a phone hearing and a fine.

1 minute ago, Green Goblin said:

Nice way for Prust to end his career in Vancouver. Could be his last game of the season depending on whether or not Marchand has anatomically become a woman. 

He would be too much of a girl to even play in the NWHL. He'd have to quit hockey and live under a rock forever because he sucks at everything else.

2 minutes ago, Apricot said:

He would be too much of a girl to even play in the NWHL. He'd have to quit hockey and live under a rock forever because he sucks at everything else.

That's being too nice

2 minutes ago, JPizzle said:

this team was broken after the Rome hit

I would argue we are just easily susceptible to tough teams.

Teams have figured this out since we played Boston. How do we shutdown the Sedins? Muscle them off the puck, float the puck into the slot, shift is over. Also, take liberties on them and essentially any player you want because no one other than Dorsett and Prust will do a damn thing. It's really too bad Kassian didn't work out because he was the beginning of the solution IMO. 

Now we're back to square one and need to start drafting talent in bigger, stronger, faster players. Now that being said, I'm all for smaller talent (ex. Shinkaruk), but we need to inject legitimate grit and size to play along-side our smaller players.

Right now this does not exist within our team. We have the talent, but we're missing A LOT of true sandpaper.

On 2015-12-05, 9:50:47, hammertime said:

People applauding Prusts spear should be ashamed. I hope he gets a lengthy suspension from the league.  

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I know Calgary and Edmonton fans are on these boards right now watching the suffering. 

I use to do the same to them. 

I sure wish, as a Canuck's fan, we had these Internet hockey boards in the 80s.  Oh how I would have enjoyed laughing at those Oiler and Flame fans.  ^_^

Archived