The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Bruins 4, Canucks nil

TheRussianRocket.

It's gonna be a long time before this team is a threat again. Until all of the old core is completely gone and the young talent evolves into the new core of the club with a completely different mentality and identity this is what we will see. The team needs to be built from the top down with a completely new image. I hate to say it but the Sedin era needs to come to an end for this to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Can't get mad at a bad team being mad, I can get mad at our locker room leader and role model for the kids pulling a complete chicken sh*t move on Marchand.

That was an absolute disgrace to this team and what it's stood for over the past couple of years.

All cup winning teams have players like this. I'm tired of trying to play with "class" and getting our a$$es handed to us.

Either you play with this kind of nastiness or you're on the receiving end of it. Hopefully Benning has learned this lesson well from his time in Boston.

1 minute ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Can't get mad at a bad team being mad, I can get mad at our locker room leader and role model for the kids pulling a complete chicken sh*t move on Marchand.

That was an absolute disgrace to this team and what it's stood for over the past couple of years.

Really? Because Marchand has always played clean, honest hockey? Because the Bruins won in 2011 by respecting their opponent and not willfully injuring them?

You need to get off your soapbox. This team has stood for weak, uninspired hockey for the last couple of years. Either going out in the first round or missing the playoffs altogether. Stop trying to sell the tired notion that the Vancouver Canucks are somehow the moral compass of the NHL. Give it up.

Marchand is a POS and deserves to get speed bagged in the face not the groin. Prust is supposed to bring mentorship and toughness. Not say hey I'm not a babysitter when our teenagers are getting demolished by 6'4 Getz one night then cheep shotting 5'9 smurf who if Prust lined up ever with a hit would be sidelined for a month the next.

I thought that it couldn't get worse than the Anaheim game but this for me was by far the worst game I have watched from the Canucks in a long time.

I like how Markstrom took full responsibility post game for his poor glove tonight. And I  thought Horvat had his best game in a while only positives I could see.

7 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Can't get mad at a bad team for being bad, I can get mad at our locker room leader and role model for the kids pulling a complete chicken sh*t move on Marchand.

The Canucks have never been a clean hockey team. We've always had pests, goons, and an assortment of nasty incidents in the past. 

Archived