The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC closing down comments section on Indigenous stories due to high racism

43 minutes ago, wizardB said:

The minute the left doesn't have everyone agreeing with the crap they peddle they shut down comments and break out the racism card. Racism isn't the problem the wholesale give away of our money and land to a few people is racism of the worst kind. It is our country we built it after we took it from a stone age culture that was doing nothing with it and no progressing out the stone age and now they want what we built and want more of our hard earned money to boot

Were you born in a cave  ?  I am not aboriginal but this post offends me as if i were.   I am blown away at your STONE AGE level of thinking.

53 minutes ago, wizardB said:

The minute the left doesn't have everyone agreeing with the crap they peddle they shut down comments and break out the racism card. Racism isn't the problem the wholesale give away of our money and land to a few people is racism of the worst kind. It is our country we built it after we took it from a stone age culture that was doing nothing with it and no progressing out the stone age and now they want what we built and want more of our hard earned money to boot

So thats good enough reason to wipe out an entire race of people? Because you think/ use to think our ways of life is better and we will contribute more to society? You want to talk about hard earned money? Its Blood money how ever you look at it really.

14 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

So thats good enough reason to wipe out an entire race of people? Because you think/ use to think our ways of life is better and we will contribute more to society? You want to talk about hard earned money? Its Blood money how ever you look at it really.

Literally this..

Not just because of what happened in history, but now.. 

I always say people in the first world live on the backs of the third world. Those cheap electronics, clothings, etc.. were built by someone who worked in slave conditions or near conditions.

Then lets talk about the endless wars and displacement of people for profit. 

But hey they next Stars Wars movie is coming out soon..

One day there will be a revolution because of capitalism... not here but in the third world where people are fed up. 

"Hate speech", "Racist" ect.

When the Government starts over using handy labels beware what's coming next...

In Canada you can just throw the label "Racist" on someone and it immediately discredits anything they've said or done, before or after, and anything they had to say, no longer is worthy of addressing (Like our Mayor, when asked about Chinese money laundering through VAN real-estate, he just threw out "Racism" and ignored the rest)

15 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Literally this..

I always say people in the first world live on the backs of the third world. Those cheap electronics, clothings, etc.. were built by someone who worked in slave conditions or near conditions.

One day there will be a revolution because of capitalism... not here but in the third world where people are fed up. 

Already happened, it was called the USSR

Google it, and see how that one turned out.

However, I will give you this: When you hold great wealth it is your duty to help others learn to acquire their own ( and to make a goal of raising up everyone in your community. You must give back, it is essential. That's a universal principal, not the law of any country, you shouldn't be made to do it, or publicize it when you do.

With Nestle trying to acquire water "rights" so they can sell water back to people who have lived on that source for centuries, it's clear that the current aroma eking out of the global corporate kitchen stinks like psychopath.

But no group of people will ever un-chain themselves from the past without shedding their victim identity and unconditionally forgiving those who did them wrong.

And as far as holding some moral high ground on those looking forward to Star Wars?

You are on Canucks dot com, you don't have any.

59 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Literally this..

lmao, let the era of peace and tolerance begin...

2 hours ago, wizardB said:

Next level ignorance here.

2 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I think as a whole racism is in decline, but certain generations are still prone to it.. 

I believe the millennials and people before them are the last of a rotten bunch that just need to pass away now (no offense lol), now obviously not everyone is like that.. 

But people born from 2000 and later seem to have less racial aggressions atleast that's what I have noticed. 

Millennial's were born into the early 2000's...so this next generation that has less "racial aggression" that you've noticed consists of 12 year olds and younger...yeah you're right, I haven't met many rascist toddlers either.

It's fascism on the part of CBC, whatever 'reason' they wish to come up with.

-Censorship is never OK, in fact it is the cornerstone of fascism. Free speech protects the opinions of all people, no matter how outlandish they are. Censors generally censor for one of two reasons:

1. Their arguments don't hold up to scrutiny

2. They wish to control the talking points, and be the arbiters of which opinions are allowable and which are 'problematic'

I am very skeptical whenever I hear or read about people accusing others of  'bigotry' or 'racism' when some of these people have asked some tough but very valid questions.

Example:

I was called a misogynist online when I questioned the reasoning behind Justin Trudeau's cabinet appointments. Trudeau made it clear that he wanted his cabinet to be equally 50% male and 50% female. When asked why, he answered 'Because it's 2015'.

I'm sorry but that's not sound logic (and I voted Liberal) A reasonable approach would be to appoint each person based on their combination of qualifications, experience, and ability. Instead, he opts for arbitrary gender quotas, which I am guessing is for the purpose of good optics in the climate of identity politics.

It doesn't matter which arbitrary group benefits from affirmative action or gender/race quotas. When a person decides to hire someone based on arbitrary characteristics, they are discriminating against those who do not have those characteristics.

If a health executive decides a hospital needs to hire more male nurses, or a tech company needs to hire more female developers 'because it's 2015', they are in fact committing the very grievance these 'progressive' policies were supposed to correct.

We see identity politics at work with many hot button issues in Canada in the US, and any serious skepticism is met with accusations of 'racism', and lumped in with comments made by those who are ignorant of the facts.

I believe the segregation of First Nations people on reserves has caused great harm to their community, and the only way to solve the situation is to take steps to assimilate them into Canadian society once and for all. Unfortunately there are those who benefit in the leadership roles of various First Nations groups as well as those in positions in power in government that would stand to lose a lot of wealth if this were to occur. Those are the discussions that should be happening. Every time I have ever tried to suggest some sort of real, radical change to the status quo, I am met with contempt. 

I also see this with Islam and terrorist attacks. Many of those on the progressive left have no issue with picking apart their fellow citizens' religious beliefs (mostly Christianity in the US/Canada) but simultaneously have an apologetic view when applying those same standards to Islam. (I myself reject religion, but consider personal beliefs to be a right of all people) I can only guess it is because Islam is associated with people from the Middle East, who have a different skin pigment (again, identity politics) and such cannot be lambasted for their ideology lest the word perceive their skepticism as 'institutional racism'

The pragmatic answer is that the institutions that guarantee our individual freedoms are under threat. Not by terrorists like ISIS or even religious fanatics, but by everyday people. Indigenous European birthrates are far outpaced by those of Islamic immigrants. Those children will become adults and continue the cycle. Demonstrations demanding the enactment of Sharia law have already began in many nations across Europe, and will grow as their population grows over time. Is it xenophobic to think that in 25 years, the laws that allow us our personal freedoms could be amended in favour of the Sharia?

Or we could just continue to censor ourselves until anyone who doesn't share the beliefs of a few PC nutjobs are locked away.

http://louderwithcrowder.com/man-charged-and-faces-jail-for-arguing-with-feminists-on-twitter/

Too late, it has already been that way for awhile.

3 hours ago, Fateless said:

I get more annoyed at the amount of disproportionate articles that minority groups get in this day and age. All we ever hear about over the last few years are LGBT groups, aboriginal groups, and other vocal minorities.

I honestly blame the media for a lot of the hate that gets circulated. I think these minority groups deserve the same rights as everyone else, but when its all I hear about in the news or on social media, people get annoyed and typically lash out with mean/hateful comments. 

Its the same sort of media issue in the States. I believe that the frequent mass shootings are a result of how much publicity they get. Psychopaths see how much attention they can get if they perform a mass shooting, so they want to go out with a bang as well. If these kind of things didn't garner AS MUCH media attention, these issues become less common.

If media (news, movies, tv shows, social media) actually gave proportionate attention, people wouldn't feel so slighted and would likely lash out less frequently. 

But if they didn't rail & blather on about the trivial, they'd have to address that which is most important & significant to the hoi polloi.

Basically this tripe serves as a distraction from issues like a devastated environment, a tanking economy, political corruption & the intensifying drumbeats of a march off to war.

It's Orwellian now. If you really WANT news, fergawdsakes, don't waste time with newsprint.

11 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

It's fascism on the part of CBC, whatever 'reason' they wish to come up with.

-Censorship is never OK, in fact it is the cornerstone of fascism. Free speech protects the opinions of all people, no matter how outlandish they are. Censors generally censor for one of two reasons:

1. Their arguments don't hold up to scrutiny

2. They wish to control the talking points, and be the arbiters of which opinions are allowable and which are 'problematic'

I am very skeptical whenever I hear or read about people accusing others of  'bigotry' or 'racism' when some of these people have asked some tough but very valid questions.

Example:

I was called a misogynist online when I questioned the reasoning behind Justin Trudeau's cabinet appointments. Trudeau made it clear that he wanted his cabinet to be equally 50% male and 50% female. When asked why, he answered 'Because it's 2015'.

I'm sorry but that's not sound logic (and I voted Liberal) A reasonable approach would be to appoint each person based on their combination of qualifications, experience, and ability. Instead, he opts for arbitrary gender quotas, which I am guessing is for the purpose of good optics in the climate of identity politics.

It doesn't matter which arbitrary group benefits from affirmative action or gender/race quotas. When a person decides to hire someone based on arbitrary characteristics, they are discriminating against those who do not have those characteristics.

If a health executive decides a hospital needs to hire more male nurses, or a tech company needs to hire more female developers 'because it's 2015', they are in fact committing the very grievance these 'progressive' policies were supposed to correct.

We see identity politics at work with many hot button issues in Canada in the US, and any serious skepticism is met with accusations of 'racism', and lumped in with comments made by those who are ignorant of the facts.

I believe the segregation of First Nations people on reserves has caused great harm to their community, and the only way to solve the situation is to take steps to assimilate them into Canadian society once and for all. Unfortunately there are those who benefit in the leadership roles of various First Nations groups as well as those in positions in power in government that would stand to lose a lot of wealth if this were to occur. Those are the discussions that should be happening. Every time I have ever tried to suggest some sort of real, radical change to the status quo, I am met with contempt. 

I also see this with Islam and terrorist attacks. Many of those on the progressive left have no issue with picking apart their fellow citizens' religious beliefs (mostly Christianity in the US/Canada) but simultaneously have an apologetic view when applying those same standards to Islam. (I myself reject religion, but consider personal beliefs to be a right of all people) I can only guess it is because Islam is associated with people from the Middle East, who have a different skin pigment (again, identity politics) and such cannot be lambasted for their ideology lest the word perceive their skepticism as 'institutional racism'

The pragmatic answer is that the institutions that guarantee our individual freedoms are under threat. Not by terrorists like ISIS or even religious fanatics, but by everyday people. Indigenous European birthrates are far outpaced by those of Islamic immigrants. Those children will become adults and continue the cycle. Demonstrations demanding the enactment of Sharia law have already began in many nations across Europe, and will grow as their population grows over time. Is it xenophobic to think that in 25 years, the laws that allow us our personal freedoms could be amended in favour of the Sharia?

Or we could just continue to censor ourselves until anyone who doesn't share the beliefs of a few PC nutjobs are locked away.

http://louderwithcrowder.com/man-charged-and-faces-jail-for-arguing-with-feminists-on-twitter/

Too late, it has already been that way for awhile.

Read that link till I got to this

'This is the big difference seen between the right and left in the way that we argue. Conservatives want rigorous discussion, leftists seek to destroy lives.'

Lol sounds legit.

9 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Millennial's were born into the early 2000's...

Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe wrote about the Millennials in Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069,and they released an entire book devoted to them, titled Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation. Strauss and Howe are "widely credited with naming the Millennials" according to journalist Bruce Horovitz. In 1987, they coined the term "around the time 1982-born children were entering preschool and the media were first identifying their prospective link to the millennial year 2000". Strauss and Howe use 1982 as the Millennials' starting birth year and 2004 as the last birth year.

2 hours ago, wizardB said:

The people that say that racism doesn't exist are always the examples of why it does.

4 hours ago, Fateless said:

I get more annoyed at the amount of disproportionate articles that minority groups get in this day and age. All we ever hear about over the last few years are LGBT groups, aboriginal groups, and other vocal minorities.

I honestly blame the media for a lot of the hate that gets circulated. I think these minority groups deserve the same rights as everyone else, but when its all I hear about in the news or on social media, people get annoyed and typically lash out with mean/hateful comments. 

Its the same sort of media issue in the States. I believe that the frequent mass shootings are a result of how much publicity they get. Psychopaths see how much attention they can get if they perform a mass shooting, so they want to go out with a bang as well. If these kind of things didn't garner AS MUCH media attention, these issues become less common.

If media (news, movies, tv shows, social media) actually gave proportionate attention, people wouldn't feel so slighted and would likely lash out less frequently. 

The reason why they get more attention is because often times they don't get equal treatment.  Some people still don't get it no matter how much you tell them.  It's not the media's fault that certain people get upset when confronted with facts they're not comfortable with.

White people can be discriminated against too and it's not OK when that happens, but it's generally easier to escape.  It's not systemically ingrained in society.

3 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I think as a whole racism is in decline, but certain generations are still prone to it..

I believe the millennials and people before them are the last of a rotten bunch that just need to pass away now (no offense lol), now obviously not everyone is like that..

But people born from 2000 and later seem to have less racial aggressions atleast that's what I have noticed.

Ageist. Lumping people into a neat little box and dismissing  them, merely because of a physical characteristic or chronological advancement.

Not trying to single out anyone, just pointing out we all have things we need to watch for in ourselves. Me most of all.

5 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

As I said, into the early 2000's. Before anyone claims that this new generation is more racially tolerant, let's wait till they're all out of diapers.

...? the word "millennial" refers to anyone born between 1982-2004. the original millennials have been out of diapers for like 28 years now.

5 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

...? the word "millennial" refers to anyone born between 1982-2004. the original millennials have been out of diapers for like 28 years now.

Hmmm, did you fully read my original post? I feel like your misunderstanding, I stated that this "new generation" is at the oldest 12 years old, drummer4now's original post I responded to claimed that Millennial's and those born before were rascist and this new gen was more racially tolerant. Millennial's aren't in diapers...this new more racially tolerant generation is.

Archived