The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC closing down comments section on Indigenous stories due to high racism

52 minutes ago, inane said:

I'd like to know what % of native internet users who are actually Koreans logged in under a second account, pretending to be white people who are speaking on behalf of native people vs the % of non-native internet users who are actually black, but pretending to be maori prentending to be native.

I think we can really get some good info that way.

Let's see,

84% of the Korean population is connected (according to a google search)

0.72% of the world's population is Korean

About 40% of the world's population is connected to the internet

Therefore:  0.72 x 0.84 / 0.40 = 1.512%

So, you can safely say, provided that Korean's have nothing better to do, 1.512% of all internet users are Koreans logged in under a second account, pretending to be white people who are speaking on behalf of native people.

On 06/12/2015, 12:59:45, wizardB said:

The minute the left doesn't have everyone agreeing with the crap they peddle they shut down comments and break out the racism card. Racism isn't the problem the wholesale give away of our money and land to a few people is racism of the worst kind. It is our country we built it after we took it from a stone age culture that was doing nothing with it and no progressing out the stone age and now they want what we built and want more of our hard earned money to boot

How is this bull$&!# still here ? And why was it plused?

On 12/6/2015, 3:57:38, etsen3 said:

The people that say that racism doesn't exist are always the examples of why it does.

That is a completely nonsensical statement,

It's dressed up to look like "powerful wisdom" but one look under the hood expose it as a sloganeering catch-phase dealt out by those who benefit from the problem existing in the first place.

There is an entire industry built up around "Anti-racism" those people would like to keep their jobs.

Al Sharpton - Racism = Broke

And didn't that Lady who did the hunger strike in Ottawa a while back, end up misappropriating funds? Used some to buy her boyfriend a truck or something?

8 hours ago, gurn said:

People have been "displacing' other people from the beginning of time. Had no European settlers made it into what has become British Columbia it is likely that the individual tribe from the Queen Charlotte Islands, or Hiada Gwaii(sp) for you younger folk, would have taken over the whole coast. They had been raiding and pillaging the coast for years. Perhaps the Namgis people would have been able to resist but perhaps not. Slave taking, burnings and killing the enemy are not exclusively European tendencies.

One can make an argument that currently Europeans are being displaced in this province by "Asian settlers" even as we speak.

Change is constant.

I think the concept was intended to include both Americas, where Natives are the first people.  Certainly, they are human, so the inevidable criminal acts we commit upon one another was to be expected.

8 hours ago, taxi said:

I graduated from law school. They only have a few spots reserved for those aboriginal students. Those spots are extra on top of the spots for regular applications. They in no way impacted your ability to get into law school. If they got rid of those spots, which have their own funding, the spots would simply cease to exist, and you'd have the same troubles getting into law school. From UBC's site:

It's a specific program, with a limited number of spots. It also has a specific curriculum designed to allow aboriginal people to return to and help the communities they come from. Once again it in no way impacts the ability of "regular category" students to get into law school.

How can we have equality, when we have entire communities devastated by historical injustice? How is someone supposed to be equal when their parents grew up in a residential school and now nothing but abuse? All their neighbours parents grew up in a residential school? They live on land that was given to them via the reserve system, because essentially no one else wanted it.

We can deal with this a few ways, as a society. Have entire communities dependent on a welfare system. Or we can provide them with the means to better themselves, via education. The only disdain providing education is going to promote is in people who are already biased and merely looking for an excuse to vent.

What you say has merit, but there are examples of both native and non native citizens who grow up in horrible circumstances that are successful.  Successful meaning they're productive participants in our democracy.  

15 hours ago, inane said:

Yeah, preach brother! Tell me more about how you can speak for huge groups of people in exactly the same way you criticize them of doing.

I never claimed to speak on behalf of any group, I am just sharing my opinion. I think it's wrong to arrest someone for disagreeing with another person on Twitter. I notice how you constantly sidestep my arguments with little smartass remarks. If you think I am wrong, please explain why. I would love to read about how feminists and BLM supporters will  bring about a new Enlightenment to today's society. It's not enough for them to just spread their message, they want to silence their opposition. I would only classify supporters of this tripe under 3 categories:

1,) They are an opponent of free speech.

2.)They benefit somehow personally at the expense of others' freedoms by advancing the movement.

3.)They are ignorant and irrational 'useful idiots' who don't understand what their movement is really about.

I don't know which category is more dangerous, flip a three-sided coin I guess.

7 hours ago, Mustapha said:

I never claimed to speak on behalf of any group, I am just sharing my opinion. I think it's wrong to arrest someone for disagreeing with another person on Twitter. I notice how you constantly sidestep my arguments with little smartass remarks. If you think I am wrong, please explain why. I would love to read about how feminists and BLM supporters will  bring about a new Enlightenment to today's society. It's not enough for them to just spread their message, they want to silence their opposition. I would only classify supporters of this tripe under 3 categories:

2.)They benefit somehow personally at the expense of others' freedoms by advancing the movement.

3.)They are ignorant and irrational 'useful idiots' who don't understand what their movement is really about.

Lol. First sentence, 'I don't speak on behalf of any group'. 

Entire rest of post including a numerical list 'this is what these groups think'.

On 2015-12-06, 12:59:45, wizardB said:

The minute the left doesn't have everyone agreeing with the crap they peddle they shut down comments and break out the racism card. Racism isn't the problem the wholesale give away of our money and land to a few people is racism of the worst kind. It is our country we built it after we took it from a stone age culture that was doing nothing with it and no progressing out the stone age and now they want what we built and want more of our hard earned money to boot

LOL!!  wow, this guy is an internet troll to the umpteenth degree for sure....  and he got plussed one for this too to top it off

12 hours ago, Mustapha said:

I dont think people really understand the hypocrisy of these 2 specific groups.  They are 100%  insane fools.  Completely devoid of rationality/reason and need to be locked away or something.

Warning for strong language. But a must watch,

It takes 5 seconds to go on the net and see hundreds if not thousands of rational and sane people destroying feminism and BLM in it's tracks.

Groups like these serve only to promote hate, fear and more discrimination. Everything they are supposedly against.

On December 8, 2015 at 2:28:28 AM, Mustapha said:

1) They are not.

2) They do not benefit at your or my expense. They win without us losing.

3 )You are the ignorant and irrational idiot here.

I believe in democracy, unlike you.

On December 8, 2015 at 2:16:47 PM, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

I dont think people really understand the hypocrisy of these 2 specific groups.  They are 100%  insane fools.  Completely devoid of rationality/reason and need to be locked away or something.

Warning for strong language. But a must watch,

It takes 5 seconds to go on the net and see hundreds if not thousands of rational and sane people destroying feminism and BLM in it's tracks.

Groups like these serve only to promote hate, fear and more discrimination. Everything they are supposedly against.

Oh my gosh, that first vid...I'd be so damn annoyed if I was trying to study in the library & that or any group came in and started shouting at the top of their lungs 

2 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Oh my gosh, that first vid...I'd be so damn annoyed if I was trying to study in the library & that or any group came in and started shouting at the top of their lungs 

Protest in a library  really ? cmon man !  A silent sit down chained to the shelves would have been waaay more effective.

I would have thrown some books at them for sure > )

7 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

1) They are not.

2) They do not benefit at your or my expense. They win without us losing.

3 )You are the ignorant and irrational idiot here.

I believe in democracy, unlike you.

lmao if you think feminists and BLM morons will enlighten anyone than society really has hit rock bottom.  De-evolution  is here an now I guess.

Archived