The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks at risk of losing Precedents’ Trophy?

Slegr

14 minutes ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

Moore made more money off his lawsuit with Bertuzzi than he ever would've made playing. He was a 4th line plug at best, and would've been out of the league after maybe a year or 2 anyways. He ended his career sure, but ruined his life? Hardly!

That's a big assumption to assume Moore would have been gone from the league in a couple of years anyway. Especially considering it's something we'll never know for sure.

But go ahead. Claim to be an expert on events that never transpired and will never transpire. :rolleyes:

Meh.  I don't think the league is out to get the Canucks in particular.  I think the league was out to get us for being a top tier team. The Rome hit in my mind stood out though.  Four playoff games in the finals for a hit that wasn't even a hit to the head but a little late? That's a pretty harsh punishment for a player that had no suspension history at the time.  Despite what anyone says, even looking back now it was a clean hit and wasn't even that late. Horton just happened to get injured on it.  That really hurt our chances on a blue line that was already decimated by injuries. 

That one series against Boston was the only time I thought the reffing was completely bias.  And honestly I blame the Canadian media for that more so than blaming the league.  So many articles about how we are not Canada's team and how we are a bunch of divers and dirty players.  Painting Tim Thomas as a hero and Loungo as a villain.  Everything the team did during that run was turned into a negative and blown up by the media.    

6 minutes ago, DooBie604 said:

Meh.  I don't think the league is out to get the Canucks in particular.  I think the league was out to get us for being a top tier team. The Rome hit in my mind stood out though.  Four playoff games in the finals for a hit that wasn't even a hit to the head but a little late? That's a pretty harsh punishment for a player that had no suspension history at the time.  Despite what anyone says, even looking back now it was a clean hit and wasn't even that late. Horton just happened to get injured on it.  That really hurt our chances on a blue line that was already decimated by injuries. 

That one series against Boston was the only time I thought the reffing was completely bias.  And honestly I blame the Canadian media for that more so than blaming the league.  So many articles about how we are not Canada's team and how we are a bunch of divers and dirty players.  Painting Tim Thomas as a hero and Loungo as a villain.  Everything the team did during that run was turned into a negative and blown up by the media.    

Well with all of the articles against the NHL upper management as of late (ie. the emails, etc) I wouldn't be surprised if there was corruption and a bias against Vancouver.

I don't really have much of an opinion on it myself. At the same time, I think there's a bias here in our fan base as well where people focus on every detail that's happened against us. Let's be honest, when isn't there a bias around here? lol

On 12/8/2015, 5:08:55, HC20.0 said:

Y'know, I love Bertuzzi, he's one of my favourite players of all time. I also loved Raffi here as a Canuck, but both of them deserved the reputations they were given. It wasn't because they were wearing Canucks jerseys, it was because they did pretty nasty things on ice. I mean, Bert ended a career and ruined a guy's life. I agree that the league is harder on us for whatever reason, but those were pretty poor examples.

STFU about the Bertuzzi/Moore incident... A 4th line plug playing on the edge injures our captain and refuses to answer the call when challenged to pay up for his amateur antics gets injured after a pile up and you paint Bertuzzi a villain?  If anything, after all of the media BS Bertuzzi was the victim.  Moore should be thankful that Bertuzzi made anyone remember his worthless name.

12 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

STFU about the Bertuzzi/Moore incident... A 4th line plug playing on the edge injures our captain and refuses to answer the call when challenged to pay up for his amateur antics gets injured after a pile up and you paint Bertuzzi a villain?  If anything, after all of the media BS Bertuzzi was the victim.  Moore should be thankful that Bertuzzi made anyone remember his worthless name.

Bertuzzi broke his neck, gave him a life time concussion, and ended any chance he had of ever playing hockey. I agree Moore's a little crap, and he deserved some kind of punishment for that cheap shot, but absolutely Bertuzzi is the villian there. 

15 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

Bertuzzi was far from the victim in this. The end of one's career should never be an acceptable punishment.

Moore's neck was broken as a result of the pile up of players on his spine, not the cheap shot from Bertuzzi... The league should have stepped in a game before this happened to avoid a situation like this, but for whatever reason the league decided to ignore the hit on Naslund.  The NHL is responsible for what happened to Steve Moore.  Todd Bertuzzi made a poor decision, with no intentions of ending anyone's career.  I am done talking about this tragic event that really tarnished the career of one  of the greatest Canucks.  All I am going to say is that as a Canuck fan, a hockey fan and an upright dude, if someone cheapshot's your buddy you take care of the little prick. I have no time for bleeding heart wishy washy armchair moral crusaders. Grow a pair you sissies.

Just now, NEON.KNEE said:

Moore's neck was broken as a result of the pile up of players on his spine, not the cheap shot from Bertuzzi... The league should have stepped in a game before this happened to avoid a situation like this, but for whatever reason the league decided to ignore the hit on Naslund.  The NHL is responsible for what happened to Steve Moore.  Todd Bertuzzi made a poor decision, with no intentions of ending anyone's career.  I am done talking about this tragic event that really tarnished the career of one  of the greatest Canucks.  All I am going to say is that as a Canuck fan, a hockey fan and an upright dude, if someone cheapshot's your buddy you take care of the little prick. I have no time for bleeding heart wishy washy armchair moral crusaders. Grow a pair you sissies.

Oh, so Bert's not at fault for the pile-up of players coming to Moore's rescue as Bert's hitting Moore? Give me a break.

While no one's intentions would be to end someone's career, Bert was completely at fault for this.

2 hours ago, EmilyM said:

If I was unable to do the thing I spent my life training for since I was a kid, I'd say my life was ruined regardless of how much money I had.

Naslund was never the same player after Moore's dirty head shot, so I guess he ruined Naslund's life by that rationelle.  Steve Moore had every opportunity to face the music for that hit and instead chose the cowards way out, and paid the price of not facing said music. I'll never forget that game, how every member of the Canucks team challenged him and he took Matt Cooke on and wrestled him to the ice as if that was enough to make it go away. Had he fought May , Ruutu or Bert , took his lumps, he would've played his career out in the AHL. Instead he turned his back, Bertuzzi was chasing him around the ice, mouthing him off and he chose to ignore him and we all know what happened next. The other thing was nobody faulted Granato for putting Moore on the ice everytime Bert was out there in a 9-2 hockey game in Vancouver

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Well with all of the articles against the NHL upper management as of late (ie. the emails, etc) I wouldn't be surprised if there was corruption and a bias against Vancouver.

I don't really have much of an opinion on it myself. At the same time, I think there's a bias here in our fan base as well where people focus on every detail that's happened against us. Let's be honest, when isn't there a bias around here? lol

Even 7 minute, 2-man advantages?

League's a joke.

3 hours ago, NEON.KNEE said:

bertuzzi.jpg

1 hour ago, babych said:

Bertuzzi was a legend for the Canucks and he was completely dragged over the coals by the media, his whole career tarnished because of a freak accident.  There have been plenty of sucker punches before and after Bertuzzi's.  Show some respect for a legend.

5 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

Bertuzzi was a legend for the Canucks and he was completely dragged over the coals by the media, his whole career tarnished because of a freak accident.  There have been plenty of sucker punches before and after Bertuzzi's.  Show some respect for a legend.

my whole career.jpg

Archived