The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

trade deadline vets sent packing (proposal)

We won't be resigning hammer or vrbata and hansens all time value is peaking.

At deadline  unload 

hammer to pens for their 1st retain half of his cap hit

vrbata to lightning or habs  or wings or isles for a 1st and 2nd  retain 1/2 vrbata remaining cap

higgins for a 3rd retain 1 mill cap  isles or habs 

hansen to jets for their 1st and a decent defensive prospect 

dorsett for a second

swap vey and jensen for 2 different ahl prospects both need a fresh start somewhere else

in offseason sign rodin

4 firsts at draft, 2 thirds   2seconds plus possible bluejackets 2nd this yr or next  8 picks in top 90

Play out yr with

sedin sedin burrows

baertchi sutter mccann

shinkaruk horvat virtanen

prust cracknell gaunce

grenier

edler tanev

hutton biega

sbisa 

bartoski/pedan 

either trade a second or third for a ufa right hand dman  or go with youth until free agency and draft day   target a few good dcorp jems and more size up front.

Way over valuing hansen. Maybe a 2nd? But i wouldnt even consider trading him

Vrbata- hed only get a 2nd now. But if we stick him with the sedins until the td we moght get a 1st

Higgins- should be able to get a late 2nd

Hamhuis- should get us a 1st or a 2nd and 3rd

Im sorry but that hansen trade was funny. Id never trade him though. Him and burrows can fit anywhere in our lineup. Very useful when it comes to injuries.

I would like to see Hansen stick around. He is one of our hardest workers, best forecheckers and is still productive. I hope his work ethic rubs off on the younger players.

Vrbata and Hamhuis should be moved for assets. If Hamhuis wants to come back in the summer, I wouldn't be opposed but he will definitely not come close to his current cap hit.

On December 8, 2015 at 5:00:34 PM, McHortanen said:

Would you give the jets hutton and our 1st for hansen? Not trying to pick at you about it just really think that was a very funny proposal :) 

a 40-50 point winger on a cheap multi yr  contract is worth  a 1st and a prospect  especially at deadline  not sure  how youd think hed be worth less   

On December 8, 2015 at 5:32:28 PM, The Lock said:

Maybe the fact that he's never scored 40-50 points in 1 season in the NHL?

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471498

news story hes on pace for 45 at moment  hate to bust your bubble  regardless  even if he only put up 30 points  hes still worth a first  seeing he is a pk player plays a 200 ft game  only making 2.5 mill do you think other gms wouldnt value u him in a long playiff run 

15 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

news story hes on pace for 45 at moment  hate to bust your bubble  regardless  even if he only put up 30 points  hes still worth a first  seeing he is a pk player plays a 200 ft game  only making 2.5 mill do you think other gms wouldnt value u him in a long playiff run 

I just did a quick look at past trades for picks. It seems like players like Perron (has had seasons of 50-60 points) have gone for a 1st round. Everyone else under that has gone for 2nd round picks or less unless if packaged in deals.

So historically speaking, it's highly unlikely we'd get a 1st rounder for him.

Even Vrbata, while having scored in that threshold: he's 34 years old and UFA at the end of the year (compared with Perron being only 27). We might be able to get a 2nd rounder for Vrbata, but a 1st would be stretching our luck.

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

a 40-50 point winger on a cheap multi yr  contract is worth  a 1st and a prospect  especially at deadline  not sure  how youd think hed be worth less   

so your stating that you would give hutton and a 1st for hansen if we were the jets? Lol

Lets just trade him for byfuglien. Jets would think its a steal aha... Get out of her

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

Maybe the fact that he's never scored 40-50 points in 1 season in the NHL?

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471498

Doesn't mean he isn't worth it. We've all known that Hansen is a late boomer and is one of the fastest guys in the NHL in terms of his ability to accelerate at bullet-like speeds. He is a huge bargain considering what he brings to the table on both ends of the ice.

Just now, Green Goblin said:

Doesn't mean he isn't worth it. We've all known that Hansen is a late boomer and is one of the fastest guys in the NHL in terms of his ability to accelerate at bullet-like speeds. He is a huge bargain considering what he brings to the table on both ends of the ice.

See my next reply after showing how there are no players under 50 point seasons who have been traded for a 1st round pick in the past couple of years, let alone ones over the age of 27 or 28.

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

I just did a quick look at past trades for picks. It seems like players like Perron (has had seasons of 50-60 points) have gone for a 1st round. Everyone else under that has gone for 2nd round picks or less unless if packaged in deals.

So historically speaking, it's highly unlikely we'd get a 1st rounder for him.

Even Vrbata, while having scored in that threshold: he's 34 years old and UFA at the end of the year (compared with Perron being only 27). We might be able to get a 2nd rounder for Vrbata, but a 1st would be stretching our luck.

17 minutes ago, The Lock said:

See my next reply after showing how there are no players under 50 point seasons who have been traded for a 1st round pick in the past couple of years, let alone ones over the age of 27 or 28.

You're right I checked the passed 3 years and there hasn't been a 1 for 1 swap involving a forward with under 50 points for a 1st rounder. But there are a fair amount of package deals including players of Hansen's caliber that involved a 1st coming back.

5 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

You're right I checked the passed 3 years and there hasn't been a 1 for 1 swap involving a forward with under 50 points for a 1st rounder. But there are a fair amount of package deals including players of Hansen's caliber that involved a 1st coming back.

Yes, but the op's looking for complete swaps at well over value. ;) I also addressed the package deals in a previous post. It might be possible to get a 1st that way, but each player alone? Benning had better pull that trigger and run for the hills singing "Hallelujah" if he gets offered a 1st rounder straight up. lol

Just now, The Lock said:

Yes, but the op's looking for complete swaps at well over value. ;) I also addressed the package deals in a previous post. It might be possible to get a 1st that way, but each player alone? Benning had better pull that trigger and run for the hills singing "Hallelujah" if he gets offered a 1st rounder straight up. lol

Lol you never know. GMs around the league like Benning a lot more than Gillis. Unlike MG, JB isn't so secretive.

On December 8, 2015 at 6:44:35 PM, McHortanen said:

so your stating that you would give hutton and a 1st for hansen if we were the jets? Lol

Lets just trade him for byfuglien. Jets would think its a steal aha... Get out of her

why would we want a fat byfuglien the guy hasnt  done anything since  he played on hawks and no i wouldnt give away hutton hes a keeper  who will be better than tanev in a yr or two regardless hansen is a 40 point player with value  teams will give us a package for him if benning put him on market your crazy if you think he has no value 

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

why would we want a fat byfuglien the guy hasnt  done anything sim e he played on hawks and no i wouldnt give away hutton hes a keeper  who will be better than tanev in a yr or two regardless hansen is a 40 point player with value  teams will give us a package for him if benning put him on market your crazy if you think he has no value 

We didn't say he has no value. We said that you have been overestimating his value. There's a difference. He's a role player who's generally gets under 40 points (this seasons his ppg total is better, but other GMs are going to also look at the past few seasons, We're not exactly dealing with "bozo brain" GMs here who are going to somehow think he's a 40 point producer.

If we get a package for Hansen, it's not going to be a big package. Not when he's worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder at best.

Archived