The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Penguins WTB: Top 4 D, Top 6 Skilled Winger

If someone asked me, give them an example of a number 2 defensemen, Edler's name doesn't exactly come into my mind. Yes, he plays big minutes for us, but that's because he's force to by the coaches staff, since they have no other options on the team. On a contender, Edler would be a number 3 defensemen, but could also fill-in, in a top 2 role, if there is an injury.

On 09/12/2015, 20:06:13, qwijibo said:

It's not the number of pieces. It's the quality. 2 aging UFA's that wouldn't be re-signed, a nice but largely untested prospect and a 1st isn't going to do it. If you think that's the best offer they'd get if he was on the market then your homer glasses are way to thick 

Vrbata has some years left in him. I will give you Hamhuis. He has had issues over the past couple years, but he's serviceable. I definitely think they would r-sign Vrbata though.

Edler is a keeper in my books over Tanev because of his size and offensive upside. I don't say that because he scored a goal last game. It is very obvious that NHL teams have a physical forecheck penciled in to playing Vancouver. The way Calgary went after Tanev last spring was the obvious example. Tanev has trade value. Edler does as well but I like the idea of Edler being a 2D with a 1D prospect with more size. Edler gets reigned in a bit and plays a more defensive game with a PMD partner. That means a high draft pick to fill that need. It won't come thru a trade.

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 1:10 PM, terrible.dee said:

This is actually possible,

But there's nothing on that team that really excites me

And for UFA's the return wouldn't be much, 

Plus they would need to clear SOME salary….

Vrby, Hammer for:

PITT 20161st and someone with a heartbeat on the payroll

Pitt doesn't have a 2016 1st....but.....they have THEIR 2nd along with Anaheim 2nd that we sent them for Sutter. 

Right now Anaheim 2nd is looking pretty good. When Sullivan tanks the life out of the rest of this season....THAT 2nd will also be pretty good.

Vrbata for those 2-2nd rnd picks would be sweet

18 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Pitt doesn't have a 2016 1st....but.....they have THEIR 2nd along with Anaheim 2nd that we sent them for Sutter. 

Right now Anaheim 2nd is looking pretty good. When Sullivan tanks the life out of the rest of this season....THAT 2nd will also be pretty good.

Vrbata for those 2-2nd rnd picks would be sweet

Id take 2 2nds for Vrbata. I'm a realist. 

Archived