The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best wishes to Dan and the Hamhuis family

*Buzzsaw*

This guy exemplifies manliness.  

Gives away the puck and he cares about his team mates so much that he rushes back into the play and blocks the shot. It's a shame it hit his face. 

What a hero tho... Makes up for the gaffe and he even gets off on his own two feet. 

Hopefully he's not out too long. 

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

it was that close for him to block it with the visor.  half a second quicker, it would have been blocked with his visor.  One in a million chance of that ever happening.

I like Hammer a lot and this is very depressing. Too bad he was not wearing a longer visor (although I know players do not like them).

We don't know much but if WD was willing to say a broken jaw is likely, it looks like Hammer might even be gone for the season. Let's hope it is not that bad.

After Hammer's contract expires this summer I hope the Canucks re-sign him.

50 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

looks like orbital bone/cheek bone area...terrible bounce...get well soon Hammer.

Was thinking that area too. I'm no medical professional but seems like much trickier surgery than lower jaw surgery. Here's to hoping it doesn't involve major surgery for his sake.

let's pray, it's not career ending...or career ruining...some thought willie mitchell's career was over..dan and his family are quality people....hockey is great entertainment but health is so much more important...may his recovery be swift and not to painful....

7 hours ago, Hock-E-Dad said:

Go well soon Hammer....who the hell was that taking the shot Jiri Slegr? If Dan's face hadn't stopped the puck, it would have hit Fin in the Upper Deck.

I got a chuckle out of that. It really was a terrible shot!  And hard to watch a guy like Hammer take it in the face. Hope it's not too bad.

Forgive me if I'm wrong on this one, but I seem to recall Hammer skating in Nashtown sporting the lower jaw protector...is this the second time in his career that he's suffered a jaw injury? If so this could be very serious as not everyone is built out of the same stuff they made Sami Salo...multiple serious injuries tend to really take a toll on a player's confidence. I hope Hammer is OK...he's a tough BC kid...and I also hope they re-sign him next season. GET WELL SOON HAMMER! We'll need you in the playoffs.

Best wishes Hammer. 

Guy can't catch a break.  Does the responsible thing and wears a visor - still gets it in the exposed part of the face.

Two long-term injuries in back-to-back seasons. 

Let's think long-term - hopefully Hammer recovers 100% and is fresh 30 games from now! 

1 hour ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Nice shot Boyle, was only going to miss the net by 3 meters- and then he skates right by Dan bleeding on the ice and heads to the net looking for loose pucks. Gotta love the honor in the game nowadays. Get well soon Dan.

give me a break.  The entire NYR team looked pretty concerned once they realized the severity of the injury

10 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

it was that close for him to block it with the visor.  half a second quicker, it would have been blocked with his visor.  One in a million chance of that ever happening.

Have a second quicker and he would've snagged the puck instead of coughing it up, which led to the shot in the first place.

Get well soon Hammer!

Archived