The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best wishes to Dan and the Hamhuis family

*Buzzsaw*

15 hours ago, apollo said:

This guy exemplifies manliness.  

Gives away the puck and he cares about his team mates so much that he rushes back into the play and blocks the shot. It's a shame it hit his face. 

What a hero tho... Makes up for the gaffe and he even gets off on his own two feet. 

Hopefully he's not out too long. 

Terrible to see happen to anyone,  but a terrible d man,  hardly a hero lol

26 minutes ago, VenitoHammer said:

Terrible to see happen to anyone,  but a terrible d man,  hardly a hero lol

In a thread sending best wishes to Dan Hamhuis and his family, THIS ^^^ is what you choose to post?  Unbelievable.

It does, however, say a great deal about you.

2 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

In a thread sending best wishes to Dan Hamhuis and his family, THIS ^^^ is what you choose to post?  Unbelievable. It does, however, say a great deal about you.

Oh,  very sorry for offending you,  yes I do wish him and his family all the best and clearly stated it is terrible to see happen to anyone.  Doesn't change the fact he is a terrible dman and hardly a hero for coughing up and then by freak accident taking a shot to the chops.

5 minutes ago, VenitoHammer said:

Oh,  very sorry for offending you,  yes I do wish him and his family all the best and clearly stated it is terrible to see happen to anyone.  Doesn't change the fact he is a terrible dman and hardly a hero for coughing up and then by freak accident taking a shot to the chops.

The 'best wishes' you appear to have for Dan and his family are completely negated as you must always end them with taking yet another shot at him. You just don't get it.  Couldn't even wait 24 hours. Shameful. As I said, it says a great deal about you.

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

The 'best wishes' you appear to have for Dan and his family are completely negated as you must always end them with taking yet another shot at him. You just don't get it.  Couldn't even wait 24 hours. Shameful.

24 hours before he got hit in the face with a puck I thought he was a terrible dman and needed to be moved...  why should my opinion change because he got hit in the face with a puck...  I am not being insensitive,  I honestly think it is brutal that it happened.  I thought the turn over was hilarious,  but the shot to the face sucked.  Should I not be entitled to my opinion because it isn't the same as someone else

1 hour ago, VenitoHammer said:

24 hours before he got hit in the face with a puck I thought he was a terrible dman and needed to be moved...  why should my opinion change because he got hit in the face with a puck...  I am not being insensitive,  I honestly think it is brutal that it happened.  I thought the turn over was hilarious,  but the shot to the face sucked.  Should I not be entitled to my opinion because it isn't the same as someone else

You should learn about couth and that there is a right time and place to present your unfavourable opinion.  This probably isn't it.

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

You should learn about couth and that there is a right time and place to present your unfavourable opinion.  This probably isn't it.

My opinion was mine and perfectly fine,  the misunderstanding seemed to be that people took me thinking the turnover was hilarious (which it absolutely was) meant that I also thought that Hamhuis getting hit in the face with the puck was also hilarious (which I never stated) So thanks anyways for your input 

51 minutes ago, VenitoHammer said:

My opinion was mine and perfectly fine,  the misunderstanding seemed to be that people took me thinking the turnover was hilarious (which it absolutely was) meant that I also thought that Hamhuis getting hit in the face with the puck was also hilarious (which I never stated) So thanks anyways for your input 

No, there was no misunderstanding as was pointed out to you by several posters. Your comments were uncouth, ill-timed, misplaced and completely unnecessary. As has been pointed out to you more than several times. It has obviously gone well over your head as even a super-mod has tried to explain it to you and you still don't get it.

It's that you're honing in on something you find hilarious during a rather sensitive discussion on a serious subject.  It's inappropriate for you to drive that point home here and now.  So you're the one blurring the lines.  Go talk post game in the post game thread..this is to discuss Dan's injury and express well wishes in his recovery.  You can chuckle elsewhere in hilarity but this is not the spot.  That's fairly simple.

It is fairly simple,  I never meant to drive home anything,  the only point I "drove home" was to point out that it was not my intention to make light of his injury, again simply that prior to the injury his turnover was funny looking.  So I will sincerely apologize if I have hurt or offended anyone.  I did wish him well and his family (not that they see any of this) but I did regardless and I will make a better effort to look where I post I suppose,  but my carry on was honestly to say I would never ever make light of a serious injury which IS what people implied I did.   

And let me clarify something, because you've now succeeded in riling me up (which I think was your mission - to get a reaction).

I've watched the turnover...he had the puck, kind of lost his footing and went back a bit and then lost it momentarily.  Reached back for it.  Something you should know that's likely not connected but hey, you never know - Dan's had a few concussions in his time.  One originated fairly close to that spot where he "hilariously" bobbled things...he ended up out cold not far from there...I was there.  It was brutal and scary. 

He has struggled a bit and....who knows how those blows have impacted him.  It's anything BUT hilarious when hockey players are injured over time and do start to slowly deteriorate.  Again - maybe not applicable but who knows what the residue of that entails.

So let's save the belly laughs for another thread.  Most people don't care that he bobbled the puck there...we care that he is seriously injured.  I'd say we have it right.

On 10/12/2015 at 2:13 PM, hearditall said:
On 10/12/2015 at 2:13 PM, hearditall said:

Then why make such an idiotic response like that. ("Looked like a two year old throwing a tantrum though lol")???

He has a broken jaw & will probably be eating thru a straw for the next months. Nothing at all to be LOL at...

Read the comment again pal.  I'm not LOLing at Hamhuis' injury, just making a comparison of the reaction he had on the ice.  Not sure why this offends you so damn much.  

It's sad seeing all these jokes and crude remarks in a thread that's supposed to be the complete opposite of that... Come on, guys. Whatever your opinion of Dan is, just keep it to yourself if you don't have anything nice to say. Rather than focusing on the bad things, focus on the positives.

Archived