The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHY CANUCKS CAN BEAT HAWKS

BUCKFIFTY

25 minutes ago, BUCKFIFTY said:

How old's Hossa now?

Kane's a lightweight.

Keiths banged up - the D, outside of Seabrook is old or slow.

Crawford's not the hottest goalie known to man.

Toews is a threat but it's just him and Kane - Van has more offence.

Alot of energy used by Canucks to beat NY but get a three day rest.

Need to list options for D to pull out of AHL - fast and strong just keeping puck out of slot.

Keep the plan simple for them.

you're making me tired.

20 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Okay bud let's set the record straight. Yes, the Canucks are capable of beating any team on any given night. I think most teams in the league are and Chicago is no exception. On the other hand, this old and slow Chicago team you speak of have arguably the best player in the world in Toews, the frontrunner for the Hart in Kane who by no means is a lightweight and the most clutch player in the game, a banged up Keith is at least 2x better than any defenceman we have, Hossa is old but still an unreal 2 way player, Seabrook would be our number 1 defenceman if he were here, and with young guys like Panarin and TT, Chicago is still the odds on favorite to win the cup. You just jealous bro.

6-3

22 minutes ago, BUCKFIFTY said:

How old's Hossa now? Ancient at 36, but 12 points in 25 games and 4 GWG's says it don't matter

Kane's a lightweight. but has a 23 point streak and 43 points in 28 games....

Keiths banged up - the D, outside of Seabrook is old or slow. Yet somehow they keep winning and Panarin the Calder lead says hi

Crawford's not the hottest goalie known to man. But has 3 cup wins, heads up..Fuhr wasn't a great goalie either

Toews is a threat but it's just him and Kane - Van has more offence. with 1 entire goal more scored and 2 more games played?

Alot of energy used by Canucks to beat NY but get a three day rest. and lost Hammer and left it all on the ice for a 1 goal win

Need to list options for D to pull out of AHL - fast and strong just keeping puck out of slot. We don't have D options int he AHL..Biega is it

Keep the plan simple for them. Awesome coaching there indeed!

Yeah we can beat them if the Sedins get a 10 point game again.

Realistically, we can't beat them if the other players don't show up with high will to win. If they do and the Sedins do what they usually do, then we have a chance to beat them.

I have to say, losing Sharp and Saad over the summer was a big loss for them. Sharp has that game breaking goal scoring ability as we saw against Dallas and Saad is like their Hansen, do everything kind of guys, with better skillset than Hansen.

Van needs Defence.

Saw the footage on Hamhuis - he was about to pass through slot and fumbled realizing bad idea.

Turned into a turnover while wrestling with his thoughts.

Wondered if Boyle maliciously nailed him.

No, while still stumbling around he walked into a slap shot that was high because puck was tumbling when Boyle whacked it.

Hamhuis may have lost edge on warm , soft ice. Puck sticking helped cause fumble.

Tragedy he got hurt but turnovers reduced while he's healing. He did play physical and contributed to win but has not had alot of heart over loss period.

He wasn't blocking shot, he wasn't even watching puck. Distracted by his own turnover.

My best to Dan but time for full face protection if distracted.

What is the distraction?

12 minutes ago, BUCKFIFTY said:

Van needs Defence.

Saw the footage on Hamhuis - he was about to pass through slot and fumbled realizing bad idea.

Turned into a turnover while wrestling with his thoughts.

Wondered if Boyle maliciously nailed him.

No, while still stumbling around he walked into a slap shot that was high because puck was tumbling when Boyle whacked it.

Hamhuis may have lost edge on warm , soft ice. Puck sticking helped cause fumble.

Tragedy he got hurt but turnovers reduced while he's healing. He did play physical and contributed to win but has not had alot of heart over loss period.

He wasn't blocking shot, he wasn't even watching puck. Distracted by his own turnover.

My best to Dan but time for full face protection if distracted.

What is the distraction?

Go.  Away.

Can't you even stick to the topic of the thread instead of hacking on Hamhuis? I'm sure there's a thread on Hamhuis somewhere, take it there. Search function, use it.

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

Go.  Away.

Can't you even stick to the topic of the thread instead of hacking on Hamhuis? I'm sure there's a thread on Hamhuis somewhere, take it there. Search function, use it.

Quit following my posts. Linear is a conversation had by a Vulcan. I once went on a date with an OCD type who while conversing with me needed to explain how many times certain letters occurred in the very words she was using. You remind me of her.

Obsessive.

Rearrange someone else's sock drawer.

Canucks usually play the Hawks well...but if your going to make a list of whats wrong with the Hawks,make one for the Canucks...We have no secondary scoring, 50% our defence will be AHL quality...With a healthy lineup I would like our chances,but this time ,the Hawks at home would have to be the favourite.

Archived