The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHY CANUCKS CAN BEAT HAWKS

BUCKFIFTY

2 hours ago, Pickly said:

Okay bud let's set the record straight. Yes, the Canucks are capable of beating any team on any given night. I think most teams in the league are and Chicago is no exception. On the other hand, this old and slow Chicago team you speak of have arguably the best player in the world in Toews, the frontrunner for the Hart in Kane who by no means is a lightweight and the most clutch player in the game, a banged up Keith is at least 2x better than any defenceman we have, Hossa is old but still an unreal 2 way player, Seabrook would be our number 1 defenceman if he were here, and with young guys like Panarin and TT, Chicago is still the odds on favorite to win the cup. You just jealous bro.

Im jealous :(

Man things went downhill since 2011. I want that feeling back.. I get goosbumps still watching highlights of that playoff run. No1 deserved a cup more than us that year. I wish we played tampa instead :(

I cant wait for 3-4 years.

Shinkaruk McCann Boeser

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Sedin Sedin Lucic???

Burrows Cassels Grenier

Edler Tanev

Hutton Tryamkin

Subban Sbisa

Demko

Markstrom

Im most excited for Demko. He will help me get over losing Luongo and Schnieder. Obviously our lineup will look different cuz its hard to predict draft picks and free agent signings. But its not a half bad lineup and its even more exciting that Benning will have it looking better. I wish we could contend this year but im willing to hold off and hopefully build a cup contender when the Sedins are on our team as 3rd liners.

Thats our time to load up for a cup. Knowing the Sedins i think they will take a major pay cut to win it all in Vancouver. Maybe a 3 year deal around 2-3M per year. Imagine the team we could build!

1 hour ago, BUCKFIFTY said:

Quit following my posts. Linear is a conversation had by a Vulcan. I once went on a date with an OCD type who while conversing with me needed to explain how many times certain letters occurred in the very words she was using. You remind me of her.

Obsessive.

Rearrange someone else's sock drawer.

:lol:

When you have the two newest threads sitting at the top, it's hard to miss them. Please don't flatter yourself that I would follow your posts. But when the OP tries to derail his own thread, well, it's hard to ignore. I spoke specifically to your hack on Hamhuis because it had nothing to do with the topic that YOU started other than to get a dig or two in.  Being snide and kicking a guy when he's down and badly injured speaks to your character.

Now let's kick some Hawks ass on Sunday! ::D

4 hours ago, BUCKFIFTY said:

Chicago's good ol' fashion big and nasty defence is their strength. Keith's not 100% and Edler can neutralize Seabrook.

Van's no longer passing up the middle and is playing tighter game.

The only reason Crawford's respectable IS Chicago's defence.

Put Vrabata back on with the Sedin twins - Vrabata knows where to be high slot.

Attack triangle with Sedins doing what they do best, quickly moving the puck around so the opposing goalie shows some open netting. Hansen is too low to net - needs to be mid to high slot for room to shoot.

Big Defence are slow - Van's forwards are fast - just keep moving. Slow the game down and Chicago's trolls are going to punish you. Fast game - you win.

Stay tight defence, no mistakes - keep Miller in net. He can do it again. Miller knows how to focus.

Keep slot clear D - pass to wingers on boards. No stretch passes, at least one winger within reach.

Chicago's a step down from NY. They're getting older. Keep that puck moving Van and play as a team that passes and you'll dominate.

facepalm_zps11c16485.gif

3 hours ago, BUCKFIFTY said:

How old's Hossa now?

Kane's a lightweight.

Keiths banged up - the D, outside of Seabrook is old or slow.

Crawford's not the hottest goalie known to man.

Toews is a threat but it's just him and Kane - Van has more offence.

Alot of energy used by Canucks to beat NY but get a three day rest.

Need to list options for D to pull out of AHL - fast and strong just keeping puck out of slot.

Keep the plan simple for them.

Hossa is 36, soon to be 37.  However, if you took the time to watch him play regularly you'll see his game has not diminished with age.  He's still one of the best two-way forwards in the game.

Kane is a lightweight...but what does that have to do with him leading the league in points or his 23 game point streak?

Keith is not banged up and Seabrook is neither old or slow. 

Crawford is still underrated.  Some people think the only reason he's good is the defense in front of him and that is simply not true.  Look at the series against Tampa or more recent last game against Nashville.  On many nights he's Chicago's best player.

Toews and Kane are the only offense Chicago has?  Have you watched Panarin, Teravainen or Anisimov?  Toews is actually off to a very slow start offensively.  Still, attempting (unsuccessfully) to point out that Chicago's offensive is all Kane and Toews when Vancouver's offense is so reliant on the Sedins is laughable. 

Now...with all that being said are the Canucks capable of beating Chicago on Sunday?  Yes, of course they can.  On any given night any team can win.  But your reasoning above is beyond weak.  The schedule is playing in Vancouver's favour, Sunday will be the Blackhawks 3rd game in 4 nights whereas the Canucks have 3 days off.  I was at the November 21st Canucks/Blachawks game and I give the Canucks full credit for the win but Chicago was playing very tired that night (it was also their 3rd game in 4 nights). 

Lets be honest and just say that we wish we had the type of talent the hawks have now, probably the best dynasty in the game considering the competition is way higher than back when the league had 8 teams. 

Toews, Kane, Kieth, Seabrook, Hossa, Quenneville, Bowman...these guys are all first-ballot hall-of-famers. Only the Sedins qualify for us. 

2 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

:lol:

When you have the two newest threads sitting at the top, it's hard to miss them. Please don't flatter yourself that I would follow your posts. But when the OP tries to derail his own thread, well, it's hard to ignore. I spoke specifically to your hack on Hamhuis because it had nothing to do with the topic that YOU started other than to get a dig or two in.  Being snide and kicking a guy when he's down and badly injured speaks to your character.

Now let's kick some Hawks ass on Sunday! ::D

The discussion of Hamhuis is linear. Vancouver needs defence. Their down a complete defensive line now. They have 3 days to do something about it to beat the Hawks. The discussion of Hamhuis is observation. He's better than he's playing - what's up?

Something tells me old injuries may be to blame. A kassian like thing. I'll never know. I do know he wouldn't have a broken jaw if he was firing on all cylinders.

Archived