The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hamhuis out with a facial fracture, will undergo surgery tomorrow.

Coconuts

12 minutes ago, HarryCanuck said:

I hope you take a puck in the face sometime soon after the dis-respectful / disgusting comment you've just uplifted us all with. 

Played all my life,  and still hit the ice,  taken a few pucks in the face,  and yea it is terrible (thank god no NHL equivalent shots) But saying I laughed hysterically at the cough up is disrespectful or disgusting how....  where did I say I laughed at the shot to the face genius...   

2 minutes ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

I'd laugh hysterically if you took a slapper to the face!

And I wouldn't cry about your opinion like half of cdc seems to about certain comments.  Try reading my original post again and tell me where I thought the puck to the face was a laughing matter...  I stated I laughed at the turn over 

1 hour ago, Positive Canuck said:

If Hamhuis is back in 2 weeks i'll be blown away. I'm guessing 4-6 weeks at best.

For surgery following a facial fracture (i.e. broken jaw or cheekbone) I think we would be lucky if he is back in 6 weeks. Two issues are the inability to eat solid food for a significant period and the risk of re-injury if he comes back too soon. We will see what they say about the timeline after surgery.

But he should at least be able to resume skating fairly soon.

11 minutes ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

Your brutal! I was hoping we'd resign him anyways.  Heal up Hammer, the thoughts of true fans are with you, not on hypothetical trades/draft picks.

He isn't brutal he is completely on ball... the timing is terrible... and resign an aging dman who brings no offensive upside,  no physical presence,  gets walked around all the time now and coughs up constantly...  yea,  smart man..   True fans... lol,  arent you the same guy who was just throwing out threats to throw down with someone at a game cuz you guys disagreed on something on cdc... lol winning.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Is it possible he has played his last game in a Canuck uniform?

I would not be surprized if Dan has played his last NHL game.

This is pretty much the worst case scenario for him, playing out the last year of a contract, with no insurance past this season. I have been wondering if he and Vbata have been playing not to get injured for that reason. Vrbata has had a couple of good games while Dan has had a couple of really rough ones. Hit really hard by Deslaurier in the Buffalo game and now this. He has had lots of trouble staying on his skates this year including on this play.

I wish the best for Dan the man, person, human being and I hope he takes a good look at his options before returning.

I am not concerned what this means to the Canucks or if it nullifies a trade return.

I wish Dan good health.

I hope Hamhuis has a speedy and great recovery from this. This could've been a lot worse if it had hit his eye but thank god it didn't. 

I hope you're resting up Hamhuis! You've done nothing but been a very crucial person for not only the team but for the community and the city of Vancouver.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Well which is it?

I don't know much about facial fractures but if he needs surgery, I'm thinking it would more likely be the 6-8 week timeline.

Mine took a 10 day period to get the wires off my jaw and another month ish for the swelling to go down.  I'd say 6-8 weeks is about right

Got me thinking of Ian Laperierre, who blocked a shot with his face for the Flyers in the 2010 playoffs. He also had a concussion history. Tried to make a comeback but never played again. Now he's an assistant coach in Philly. Wouldn't blame Hammer at all if he went a similar route.

2 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

That was a vicious shot he took...lucky he was wearing a visor.

What is it with wierd injuries with this club, just a wierd slo motion play in general...Malhotra, hamhuis, salo

I know what you are saying. 3 weird injuries in the last what 10-12 years, that's freaky. And how did wearing a visor help him, I am unclear on that.

Not to be an insensitive jerk, but it doesn't really matter if Hamhuis is back before or after the trade deadline. I don't think any team is willing to offer anything significant for a guy who just came back from a major surgery. Hamhuis will probably finish off the season as a Canucks.

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yup, I posted it. But I don't expect people to go digging through every thread and this is pretty significant news.

Really? I find it boggling that there can as many as three threads all discussing the same topic simultaneously.

1 hour ago, VenitoHammer said:

Played all my life,  and still hit the ice,  taken a few pucks in the face,  and yea it is terrible (thank god no NHL equivalent shots) But saying I laughed hysterically at the cough up is disrespectful or disgusting how....  where did I say I laughed at the shot to the face genius...   

I rolled my eyes.  Didn't you?  It was a bruuuuutal give away.

Archived