The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

China Disappearances Highlight Ruling Party Detention System

Mainly Mattias

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

So this is a compassionate, caring Canada?  Nope...this is how other places may do it, but not here.

How about my Dad, the senior?  Who has lived in his home for 40 years and the one before it 25?  Your vision is very limited.

If the "opportunity to improve financial" anything involves the possibility of fraud, forgery, corruption or the proceeds of crime...it probably isn't the best idea.  That's a simple concept.  If it hurts people to enable others to amass wealth, it's something to consider.  A free market does not mean a blind eye.

Your attitude isn't one that represents "Canada" well...it's the new trend.  And we're trying to revert back to kinder, gentler country that actually cares more about citizens that it does wealth.  There's moderation in all things...money is good/necessary but not at the expense of people.

I have to agree with all this.. 

There's a difference between someone buying say one home or apartment for like a vacation home or for side income by renting it out etc..  and then there's someone buying literally the whole block to stash away dirty money. 

Money on the backs of others is never a good idea.. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 5:36 PM, Hugor Hill said:

It's not so much Communism per se. Communism is just a form of resource distribution. it's totalitarian dictatorship where citizens have no human rights. 

You can have a Capitalist system under a dictatorship. The most well known one (to me) is the Chinese Nationalist party in the 30's before Mao won the revolution in the late 40's. And I believe Franco's Spain counts too though I don't know the details of that economic system too well.

EDIT: Actually what am I saying? Today's China is essentially Capitalist economy under a dictatorship.

the nationalist government you mentioned here ruled in Taiwan the same way until the 80s. Basically an one party capitalistic government. things change over time, and Taiwan became truly democratic in the 90s. Similar stuff in South Korea, Singapore. State managed capitalism. I can see one day china becoming like that, will take decades for sure.

the crack down in china is a good thing. About time, the corruption will bring down not just the communist party, but the entire country. If china collapses, we all suffer. The world economy is so intertwined, more than ever.

we all contribute to the pollution there, whenever we buy goods made there. Just stop by any type of store in Canada, your homes, and check out how many stuff is from there. If that pollution is easily felt right here, we would all stop buying the stuff. But reality is that it's very difficult to avoid. And if it is not china, it is Vietnam or some other developing country that are doing the same thing. Capitalism is global.

On December 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Alflives said:

its a free market system.  The market sets the prices.  if people can't afford to live in Vancouver that's too bad - they live elsewhere.  Hell I want a water front house on Marine Drive but it's not in my price range.  Too bad for me.  I can either try my hardest to gain enough wealth to buy in that area, or I can live where I can afford.  It's a free market democracy, where we have opportunity to improve our financial station.  that ability to make our own wealth is what drives our democracy.  Opportunity abounds.  And why any one would choose to live behind the dykes in Rivhmond Is beyond understanding.  One decent shaker and Richmond is gone.  That's not an if, but a when

Its unfortunate you dont know what free market means. 

its not a free market because they do not earn their money equally. They have almost no labour laws and are essentially buying our land with exploited human money. Their air quality is so fkn bad in their home country due to no regulations. Canadian businesses have to pay living wages(when compared to china), pay and care about environmental control. How is that a fair market. They also declare almost nothing from china (sorry we have 50k income but 2 bmw suv's. Ffk china  

First step would be putting suicide nets around our citizens workplaces.... 

46 minutes ago, John Tortorella said:

Its unfortunate you dont know what free market means. 

its not a free market because they do not earn their money equally. They have almost no labour laws and are essentially buying our land with exploited human money. Their air quality is so fkn bad in their home country due to no regulations. Canadian businesses have to pay living wages(when compared to china), pay and care about environmental control. How is that a fair market. They also declare almost nothing from china (sorry we have 50k income but 2 bmw suv's. Ffk china  

First step would be putting suicide nets around our citizens workplaces.... 

That sounds like a true free market system, where the government keeps out of business.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That sounds like a true free market system, where the government keeps out of business.

1 hour ago, John Tortorella said:

If you consider gov staying out of business by closing schools due to red alert polution air quality then yes, they are better at free market then us....

Unfortunately, yes and yes. 

On December 12, 2015 at 11:09 AM, debluvscanucks said:

This is a horrible way to view it.

You realize that some of us are getting advance property assessment notices to tell us that our increase this year could be 15-25%?   Now some will chime in to say "but the property value has increased", which doesn't mean a damn thing to someone who views this as a forever "home" and struggles to makes ends meet as a result?  

Can't you take advantage of the increase in property value by re-financing?

21 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Unfortunately, yes and yes. 

Free market to me = fair market where people that put more effort and have more skills prosper and people who dont suffer. Not a 'free' market where there are slaves, 78x over healthy air quality, suicide nets incase people are fed up, contract bonuses that act to keep you at your job or your bankrupt. None of those to me indicate a free market. That 100% sounds like a controlled market. Which definition of free are you using. 

2 hours ago, John Tortorella said:

Free market to me = fair market where people that put more effort and have more skills prosper and people who dont suffer. Not a 'free' market where there are slaves, 78x over healthy air quality, suicide nets incase people are fed up, contract bonuses that act to keep you at your job or your bankrupt. None of those to me indicate a free market. That 100% sounds like a controlled market. Which definition of free are you using. 

Sounds like by-products of a free market without proper regulations, which is pretty much what China is.

On 12/12/2015 at 6:24 PM, drummer4now said:

There needs to be a curb on human population and growth..

China already did that. India and a bunch of African nations need to get on that as well. Almost every Woman having 4-5 kids is a recipe for a disaster down the road in countries where resources are already spread thin. Nigeria, Ethiopia, Sudan, Chad, Niger, Algeria etc etc are all growing in population at an alarming rate (even with 5% of the adult population in Africa being HIV positive) and have very little to nothing in the way of infrastructure to deal with it.

12 hours ago, John Tortorella said:

Lol? Chinese gov subsidizing shipping, and restricting foreign investment = free market. Still lol'n

Ok. These are typical actions of government interventions. Sure. But what you described before, the stuff I bolded, are typical symptoms of a free market. I'm sure you know the differences between symptoms and actions.

Archived