The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks' Benning keeping eye on Leafs' Corrado

homersexual

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Good interview, you know. But uh, I really hope, you know, we don't give up assets that uh, you know, you know you know.

We know, we know, you know we know. But does JB know? When it comes to trade and JB, I have learned that anything is possible. JB will trade a 6th or 7th to get Corrado (hope I'm wrong).

33 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

he picks him up I will write him off this year unless his intention is to tank more not sure wtf he would even consider this after letting him go to begin with just, dumb dumb you have Biega, an now bring the stay at home Pedan up give him his shot at relief here till mid January it wont hurt except for depth on farm is depleted so be it thats why we have the farm is it not?

Wow, extremely well written and incredible insight.  

One question: Is it day 4 or 5 of the meth binge?

2 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

wtf Benning there are other defence men you should target. Try Rumblad or Hamonic, a defence that will actually impact the team.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

wtf Desi, Benning knows Corrado, he said he liked him even when he was forced to put him on waivers or have you forgotten that?

Is there anything you don't try to second guess in order to dis Benning, Willie or the Club?

Havnt been able to comment in months due to being locked out of account.. 

And in those months Desi is still providing quality face palms! Lol

In all seriousness, Benning isn't looking to trade Ballard Raymond and a first for him.. Eventually Toronto will either play him or wave him.  So of course Benning will "keep and eye" in him. 

2 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

wtf Benning there are other defence men you should target. Try Rumblad or Hamonic, a defence that will actually impact the team.

Didn't he say keeping an eye on.  I'm keeping an eye on Corrado too.  Just like I do with most ex-Canucks.  It's natural curiosity.

It sounds like Benning is keeping an eye on practically everybody frankly.

If Benning really thought that Corrado was good, not just the 10th or 11th on the depth chart, he would have moved heaven and earth to keep him.  Obviously, he would rather play Hutton than keep Corrado.  Which is not to say that he didn't like having him for depth and could use him now.

As for trading for Corrado, Benning has already shown that he's not going to give up an asset for him.  If placed back on waivers, Benning will happily snap him up.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Says the guy who elevated Sanguinetti to "God like status" 

That's just too easy.

2 minutes ago, carlsjunior said:

just stupid if he trades for him... its not like he is the only serviceable d man in the league... move on benning...excite the season ticket holders for once!

again, it's very very likely he's referring to claiming Corrado on waivers should Toronto go that route. 

47 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Didn't he say keeping an eye on.  I'm keeping an eye on Corrado too.  Just like I do with most ex-Canucks.  It's natural curiosity.

It sounds like Benning is keeping an eye on practically everybody frankly.

If Benning really thought that Corrado was good, not just the 10th or 11th on the depth chart, he would have moved heaven and earth to keep him.  Obviously, he would rather play Hutton than keep Corrado.  Which is not to say that he didn't like having him for depth and could use him now.

As for trading for Corrado, Benning has already shown that he's not going to give up an asset for him.  If placed back on waivers, Benning will happily snap him up.

That's just too easy.

Always do as well. See that Clendenning got about 3 games and then was sent back to the AHL.

Always bothered by the Connaughton deal to Dallas. He is in Columbus now but not playing I am not sure if it is injury because he was getting about 18 - 20 TOI per game. Liked his size and offense.

CoHo is getting about 10 minutes a game. Not seeing many - anymore. Maybe he can get regrounded.

Jason Krog: Drove by his house in Fernie the other day. Looks like he is retired now as I do not see him on a Euro roster.

Dale Weise: Love Weise and really did not understand Tort's attitude about him. Always saw him as Hanson's understudy.

Corrado is not an impact player but he is a steady influence on the back end, plays a safe game and heavan know that's in short supply on the Vcr roster as we speak. Corrado fit's in the Cap and last season in Utica they played him for a prolonged period on the left side......... succesfully.  As to Harmonic ...before you make that suggestion check out his status, his salary and what you need to give up...likely a Horvat...still want to do it. The reason Corrado is not playing is not because he's hopeless but because when Babcock was signed he was given the authority for roster chnages...Lou went over his head and snagged a 22 year old RH "D" for free of waivers & Babcock is stamping his feet & the throw his toys out of his baby carriage. This will not be resolved until Lou moves or places Corrado back on waivers....Vcr gets first call and would be STUPID  if they didn't pick him up

Time to forget Corrado,. he might pop up with the Leafs after they make Summer moves.

Our depth on defense in Utica is presently being adressed,  a PTO given out last night.. To 25 yr old Sheilds, another big man developing late.. But his #'s lately are good. http://uticacomets.com/comets-sign-shields-to-a-pto/ .  Now the boys from the Comets get their opportunity, and rightfully so. I beleive Pedan usually played with Biega,. really hope to see the big man get this opportunity playing his defensive position.. and hope the brass is as patient with him like they have been with any body else.. And that includes Corrado,. he was given many opportunities to raise his game. 

Pedan's upside is bigger than himself,. brings a complete game. Hope to see him play against Shaw tomorrow. 

Archived