The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

botch article

cowboy644

If anyone hasn't read read Botchfords provies on Dec 10th its worth the read.The last piece at the end is taken from a  Money Puck article.Most know that he contributed to Canucks Army before recently leaving believed to be hired somewhere in the NHL.He's intelligent and always worth the read on CA.He posted a piece about what he thinks of the Canucks,their management and coaches.The article does make one stop and think as well as find hard to disagree.I wish I could create a link but I am not computer savy enough to do.Some help with this  would be appreciated. 

Poorly written by all there. Money puck is wrong. Problem is not Benning or Linden its the fans who can't be patient and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Its knee jerk reactionary stuff and if they don't stay the course it will fall right off the rails. Yes, losing sucks but if you told me we'd be 2nd in the division with all these rookies in the lineup and all the injuries I'd take it.

2 hours ago, cowboy644 said:

If anyone hasn't read read Botchfords provies on Dec 10th its worth the read.The last piece at the end is taken from a  Money Puck article.Most know that he contributed to Canucks Army before recently leaving believed to be hired somewhere in the NHL.He's intelligent and always worth the read on CA.He posted a piece about what he thinks of the Canucks,their management and coaches.The article does make one stop and think as well as find hard to disagree.I wish I could create a link but I am not computer savy enough to do.Some help with this  would be appreciated. 

Just copy and paste the taskbar.  Top left of your computer screen where it says http://....etc....

CVp_sZ6WEAAQZA9.png:large

Here's the quote.  :frantic::frantic::frantic:

I sincerely hope that Acquilini isn't swayed by reactionary fans and media and start interfering.  If they (Acquilini family) want a cup, they're going to have to be patient and let what has been set in motion develop.  The surest way to remain in mediocrity is to start with a plan, and then when things start getting tough, scuttle it before real results can be realized.  Everybody knows that things are going to get worse before they get better.  It's going to be like this for a couple of years until prospects like Bo Horvat and Jared McCann start coming into their own.  Bo is only 20.  They MUST MUST MUST give it 5 years before passing judgement.  When Bo is 25, this plan will start paying off.  There are no shortcuts.

Money Puck is clearly trying to cause as much damage as possible as he leaves.  GOOD RIDDANCE!

As for Botchford, he is clearly no better.  Worse for putting this clown on a pedestal.  :picard:

Undoubtably fans and posters will start screaming about "owner" interference.

I wonder if they remember the days when the owner never showed up and left an accountant to run the team?

The owner is the guy that pays millions of dollars to buy the team and then spends millions of dollars to get some kind of return, some own teams for tax purposes, like the former absentee owner. Some because they are fans and some for profits.

The tax ones don't expect to make money, just not lose a lot of it, like Vancouver's absentee owner.

The profit ones don't care about winning if the team makes money anyway like Toronto's past owners.

The fan ones can sometimes be dominant and that is not so bad most times, Jerry Jones, Jeromy Jacobs, Rocky Wirtz, Tom Gaglardi, Ed Snider, Geoff, Andrew and Justin Molson, .... some take time to learn the game, Wang.

Mr. Aquillini is a Vancouver guy that has been a fan of the team since childhood and he wants a winner sooner than later, he pays the bills and owns the team, he reads some of these posts/blogs/press/media, he looks at winning teams and wonders "why not us".

While team management owe their livelihood to the fans, it is the owners that ultimately make the decisions.

Often a good team is described as from the bottom up, when really they are from the top down. Leadership.

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I sincerely hope that Acquilini isn't swayed by reactionary fans and media and start interfering.  If they (Acquilini family) want a cup, they're going to have to be patient and let what has been set in motion develop.  The surest way to remain in mediocrity is to start with a plan, and then when things start getting tough, scuttle it before real results can be realized.  Everybody knows that things are going to get worse before they get better.  It's going to be like this for a couple of years until prospects like Bo Horvat and Jared McCann start coming into their own.  Bo is only 20.  They MUST MUST MUST give it 5 years before passing judgement.  When Bo is 25, this plan will start paying off.  There are no shortcuts.

I was going to write something similar, instead I'll just add:

For people expecting a roster impacting trade to happen (Hamonic or someone similar), we have one person in the organization we could trade (taking the Sedin's out of that equation), just one.  Alex Edler.  And even that would be contingent on him waiving a NTC.  Young, affordable players that are just hitting/about to hit their prime just don't become available.

We just have to stay the course.  In two short years I'd say our prospect depth has gone from nuclear winter to about average and if all goes well, results on the ice will lag prospect depth by 4-5 years.  In the mean time keep on drafting, recycle some of the vets for picks when there is that push from below (or there is an offer too good to pass up) and fill in glaring holes with short term UFAs.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I was going to write something similar, instead I'll just add:

For people expecting a roster impacting trade to happen (Hamonic or someone similar), we have one person in the organization we could trade (taking the Sedin's out of that equation), just one.  Alex Edler.  And even that would be contingent on him waiving a NTC.  Young, affordable players that are just hitting/about to hit their prime just don't become available.

We just have to stay the course.  In two short years I'd say our prospect depth has gone from nuclear winter to about average and if all goes well, results on the ice will lag prospect depth by 4-5 years.  In the mean time keep on drafting, recycle some of the vets for picks when there is that push from below (or there is an offer too good to pass up) and fill in glaring holes with short term UFAs.

Actually the pool was downgraded by league comparison this year. Quite a few spots dropped.

I found the post, article, twitter post or whatever that was to be a little too gloomy tbh.  I think most reasonable fans have tempered expectations for this season and I am incredibly surprised and happy to see the Canucks where they are at this point.

I really hope Willie stays on as coach because I don't think he has done any worse than AV and with much less of a team.  Im all aboard for this rebuild.

5 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

I found the post, article, twitter post or whatever that was to be a little too gloomy tbh.  I think most reasonable fans have tempered expectations for this season and I am incredibly surprised and happy to see the Canucks where they are at this point.

I really hope Willie stays on as coach because I don't think he has done any worse than AV and with much less of a team.  Im all aboard for this rebuild.

nvm

I think perspective chnages depending on if you're financially invested in the team ie paying thousands annually to get some entertainment value back or you're looking at it from afar or in shall we say a more academic sense. Easy to say lets be patient when you can just switch channells and watch Scooby Doo or what ever, but it's all together different when you pay out a wad and then face the blasted rain getting soaked in the process only to see some players failing be it for age reasons, tired or too young or lack of effort....the view chnages

Patience = financial investment

Investment = expectations

It's nice when your best players are playing like your best players.  It's been a long time since we've seen the Sedin's, Edler, and Hansen really step up and lead by example.  They have always been good but there seems to be more emotion more desire in them.  I guess they have finally realized if they want a chance at a cup they need to be the leaders and take charge.

TBH I am starting to fall in love with the sedins because of all this.  I have always respected their play but have never been the biggest fan of them because they seemed indifferent too things.  Glad them being in a position to pass the torch has given them a new lease on life in the nhl.

Hope the team continues to do well.  If we make the playoffs great.  If we fail thats fine too.  and if we get a top pick all hats too us.  But love the attitude and swagger these guys have. Seeing Danny and Edler return to form bodes well for our team this season and beyond.  They are truly being leaders again.  hank has always been one imo but danny has kinda been too quiet for my liking.  Love him being engaged.

Feel free to disagree with me but those are my feelings on the matter.

45 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

CVp_sZ6WEAAQZA9.png:large

Money Puck is clearly trying to cause as much damage as possible as he leaves.  GOOD RIDDANCE!

As for Botchford, he is clearly no better.  Worse for putting this clown on a pedestal.  :picard:

I don't understand Crabcakes' reaction to the quote, frankly.

All moneypuck is doing is saying ownership has to keep out of micromanaging, not get involved and hamper management in implementing its plan.  He's saying in 5 years the plan will start paying off and that there aren't any shortcuts.

Is that really so negative?  Does it really cause problems to say that the owners should support the management plan and give it time to work?

I completely disagree with the negative reactions to the article.  Of course it takes time to rebuild (or even retool) a franchise.  Of course there will be ups and downs that should not cause people to panic. 

I simply don't see how saying the management plan will pay off in time and that the owners shouldn't panic in the meantime is an attempt to cause problems. 

Archived