The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team Canada WJC - Virtanen update

NHL'er

7 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Missed the game today. Can anyone comment on how Virtanen played?

Jake Virtanen talk has a lot of details.  He honestly played pretty poorly.  Wasn't hungry, was floating a lot, and wasn't really engaged.  He had a few opportunities the most noticbly was him splitting the d in the 3rd but honestly other then that he looked like canada's worst player imo.  Hope he figures it out in time.

5 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Missed the game today. Can anyone comment on how Virtanen played?

Only got to watch the third period but he was ok. Not his greatest game, he was much better last game. He still has positioning issues. Heard he got levelled hard early in the game(?). Had two good chances in the third, one where he almost scored on a nothing play, over powered 3 Czechs and drove hard to the net. 

Wednesday game should be a good one.

The team is struggling to score right now trying to find chemistry I like Point playing with him Point an then today Barzel as game went Barzel found him with crisp passes ,he needs to start burying these chances ,Not sure who the two forwards are that will be cut but if Point stays I could see him playing with him or Barzel as his center.getting to the slot an open areas alittle weak again today but showed noticeable improvement from yesterday as he did get quality chances ,he seemed very humble out there .

Thanks guys. I feel like he thinks he was already a lock to make the team. I watched the first game and he did seem to float a bit here and there. Hopefully he picks up his intensity against the swedes, and I want to see him in the first 2 lines.

Just now, Nucks780 said:

Thanks guys. I feel like he thinks he was already a lock to make the team. I watched the first game and he did seem to float a bit here and there. Hopefully he picks up his intensity against the swedes, and I want to see him in the first 2 lines.

Yeah hopefully. He finished the game on the 4th line so not sure what that tells you about his effort though.

I am really looking forward to boxing day match up with Boeser I think USA will destroy us as Blackwood will not be playing .This Team Canada is no where near as good an talented as last years team they needs to find some scoring mojo fast .We will see on WEd against the team Sweden.Canada seems to be a reall bubble team to get to medals this year .

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

Yup, and in my mind it's a mistake  by benning.   Cant see boeser on horvats line since it should have been konecny as he has been playing wing this year  being horvats cousin. Benning Benning Benning

lol you're kidding right? I know konecny's been good but you must be f*king with us here. I swear people just need something to complain about on CDC. How can  you possibly complain about the pick right now? He's at a program that's produced the likes of Parise, Toews, Oshie, Stafford, and Zajac in recent years and statistically he's been better than any of them in their freshman years. I'm not saying Konecny isn't good or won't be a good NHL'er but we may have a real steal in Boeser and that's not even speaking out of my homer arse.

28 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

So much unnesscary hate being directed towards Virtanen.....

If a player plays good he will be compliment on his play. If a player plays bad he will be criticised. This is called discussion.  

I hope you don't take that as a personal attack. It wasn't intended to be.

Just now, Gooseberries said:

If a player plays good he will be compliment on his play. If a player plays bad he will be criticised. This is called discussion.  

I hope you don't take that as a personal attack. It wasn't intended to be.

He didn't play poorly, so IDK where you seem to get that from.

If you want to bring up that arguement again I can post your first reply. It was clearly a personal attack

Ladies and gentlemen... Patrick White.

Canucks fans need to get a reality check on just how bad our drafting has been.  If the kid is an NHLer, then this is good for us.

Both Virtanen and Boeser are NHLers.

What the Canucks need to do though is start addressing the defense. 

3 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

He didn't play poorly, so IDK where you seem to get that from.

If you want to bring up that arguement again I can post your first reply. It was clearly a personal attack

It was clearly a joke. You don't need to inform me of MY INTENTIONS.  And he played poorly today. If you think he played well you must think Higgins is amazing. Thats who he looked like today. 

Just now, Gooseberries said:

It was clearly a joke. You don't need to inform me of MY INTENTIONS.  And he played poorly today. If you think he played well you must think Higgins is amazing. Thats who he looked like today. 

Umm did you watch the whole game? He was a lot more noticable then Higgins has been.

3 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

The fact that you pointed that out instead of replying indictes that you didn't. Good to know

Really? How would I know that he had 4 shifts in the third? How would I know that in those 4 shifts he had 1 shot where he was wide open and failed to convert.  He got hit pretty good. Had 2 ubforced turnovers.  Even bobby mac had him as the 11th forward after the game. 

Luck if he doesn't get cut. If he starts in the top 6 he definitely won't finish there if this play continues. 

So yeah I watched the game. He looked terrible Except his one shift where he split the day and crashed the net.

Archived