The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Skying is Falling, the Sky is Falling [Proposal]

Gstank29

Florida

• Vrbata
  • Weber (LOL, I hope they would take him as a replacement for Petrovic)

Vancouver

• Petrovic
  • 2016 2nd

Petrovic is a servicable bottom 6 right handed shot that could help fill the void left the departure of Hamhuis. Best part is he puts Weber in the press box

NYI

• Higgins

Vancouver

• 2016 3rd

With the rumours that Okposo is going to test the free agents waters the NYI will be looking for someone who can eat some of his minutes until there young players are ready. Higgins is a reliable PK player who can contribe some offensive. Once there young players are ready Higgins could play a 3rd line role for the Islanders.

Colorado

• Hamhuis

Van

• 2016 2nd 
  • Kyle Wood

I really think Wood could be a solid NHLer. Personally I think Hamhuis would prefer to stay close to BC, but i don't think Benning would trade him to the Oilers at the trade deadline, but i can definitely see the Oilers signing him during the offseason

Banked Draft picks

1 2016 1st

3 2016 2nd

2 2016 3rd

then Benning could draft up and down depending on who he likes

3 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Petrovic is a servicable bottom 6 right handed shot that could help fill the void left the departure of Hamhuis. Best part is he puts Weber in the press box

Technically every defenseman is

4 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

With the rumours that Okposo is going to test the free agents waters the NYI will be looking for someone who can eat some of his minutes until there young players are ready. Higgins is a reliable PK player who can contribe some offensive. Once there young players are ready Higgins could play a 3rd line role of the Islanders.

Didn't he say he didn't want to play out east?

5 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

I really think Wood could be a solid NHLer. Personally I think Hamhuis would prefer to stay close to BC, but i don't think Benning would trade him to the Oilers at the trade deadline, but i can definitely see the Oilers signing him during the offseason

I think he will be, too. It's why I've got him in my keeper league. Depending on what the price is for a solid d-man, we could get a 1st + Wood. Dream big buddy

56 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Florida

• Vrbata

Vancouver

• Petrovic
  • 2016 2nd

NYI

• Higgins

Vancouver

• 2016 3rd

With the rumours that Okposo is going to test the free agents waters the NYI will be looking for someone who can eat some of his minutes until there young players are ready. Higgins is a reliable PK player who can contribe some offensive. Once there young players are ready Higgins could play a 3rd line role for the Islanders.

Colorado

• Hamhuis

Van

• 2016 2nd 
  • Kyle Wood

Banked Draft picks

1 2016 1st

3 2016 2nd

2 2016 3rd

How come after every Canuck game you make a post! lol

I think Van and FLA definitely have something to work with.  I've been saying for a while, that we should be going after Gudbranson.  A package of Vbrata (salary retained) + Edler for Gudbrason + conditional 1st or 2nd round pick (based on playoff success).  Both Mitchell (38) and Campbell (36) are UFA and likely past their due date.  The panthers left handed D are going to take a hit as all they would have left is Kulikov.  Edler would be a solid fill in for them.  Vbrata is the goal scoring that panthers are said to be looking for and Jagr have to retire eventually (right?).  Vbrata would a be a good piece for the panthers to resign to replace the top 6 offence the legend leaves behind.

Higgins in NYI fits their team even though Okposo is a RW.  Close to home for Higgins so hopefully waives his NTC,  Rumour does have that he doesn't like planning in front of family as it's a distraction but he is getting later in his career.  

Hammer I'm not sure would waive to COL unless they turn their season around.  I'm assuming he's want to go to a teach in the playoff hunt.  NSH, DAL, PIT, WSH, are teams I think that could be a  fit for him.  And I think a second round pick it what we'd be looking at.  Again I've been saying we should be sending him to WSH in a package deal for Bowey,  If WSH signs Orlov, to any sort of extension, it's going to make it really hard for Bowey to crack that line up.  They did give up a prospect and a 4th for Gleason last trade deadline so I think a Hammer (retained salary) + Higgins for Bowey + Laich (cap dump).  Us taking on so much cap needs to be well compensated.  Caps need to dump Laich and canucks with our ELC can afford to take on a bad contract for another year. As long as we get a future piece.  A conditional pick could be thrown in based on if caps make it past the second round.  

In the end canucks D gets a overhaul.  And we'd have some strong, young,  R handed D in our line up, completely reshaping our needs.  We'd also have a ton of freed up cap to go after a (or two) big UFA's...

On a more serious note.......aka Hamhuis

I do wonder if Management  does go to Hamhuis, if he just doesn't say.hey if you are asking me to wave, I am just going to retire.....it is not hat he doesn't have the talent, but he has had some serious injuries, and the reason he came to Vancouver was to be near family....taking age into it, and the injuries, trade request........I don't know if he just doesn't retire.............

And I was just kidding, on the earlier post........a joke!

2 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Is there a Coles Note Version? No one got time for that:P

Yeah, my posts tend to be on the longish side........just noticed so many depressed CDCers.........I thought that was my job! lol

But 27 % drop in viewing audience! Seriously......friggin Band Wagoners! I hope no one gets hurt jumping off!

1 hour ago, Gstank29 said:

Florida

• Vrbata

Vancouver

• Petrovic
  • 2016 2nd

NYI

• Higgins

Vancouver

• 2016 3rd

Colorado

• Hamhuis

Van

• 2016 2nd 
  • Kyle Wood

Banked Draft picks

1 2016 1st

3 2016 2nd

2 2016 3rd

ok

First of all, I doubt Higgins will waive his NTC. As Tom mentioned a couple of posts above, Higgins has no reason to want to leave though. Plus, he's a hard worker. As a veteran presence, he's another one who can pass on his knowledge to our youth while he's still around (as much as I've like to see a rookie filled in his spot instead).

Hamhuis also has an NTC. I think he's less likely to leave than Higgins. lol

This is the problem that Gillis has left us. NTC contracts handed out like candy! I believe we actually that the most NTC contracts in the entire league.

As far as value goes, at least your value seems more realistic to me. I'm getting tired of saying stuff's more expensive than people think, whether it's from over-valuating our players or underestimating what it would cost to get players we don't have. lol

5 hours ago, The Lock said:

First of all, I doubt Higgins will waive his NTC. As Tom mentioned a couple of posts above, Higgins has no reason to want to leave though. Plus, he's a hard worker. As a veteran presence, he's another one who can pass on his knowledge to our youth while he's still around (as much as I've like to see a rookie filled in his spot instead).

Hamhuis also has an NTC. I think he's less likely to leave than Higgins. lol

This is the problem that Gillis has left us. NTC contracts handed out like candy! I believe we actually that the most NTC contracts in the entire league.

As far as value goes, at least your value seems more realistic to me. I'm getting tired of saying stuff's more expensive than people think, whether it's from over-valuating our players or underestimating what it would cost to get players we don't have. lol

Higgins has a Limited NTC, therefor he has to list 10 teams he's willing to waive to.  This list is usually giving at the start of the year.  One would think he'd list teams he'd actually would like to move to and not have a bottom feeder and risk getting sent their for the next to years.  I'd say 10 teams are plenty to work with.

Nice trades there, pretty decent value-wise. Wood and Petrovic boost our right handed defence instantly and give us some nice size there too. It's just a shame because we had similar players in Corrado and Clendening that we surely didn't have to lose, even in the Sutter trade we could have given up something else. Neither are true stars yet (Wood may well become one) but I'd leave him in Utica for next season to see how he goes before rushing him into the NHL as a teenager. Otherwise this is a very young defence:

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Petrovic

Sbisa - Wood

That being said, they're the perfect mix of shutdown D-men to puck moving defencemen. Good size, physicality and ability to pass and shoot the puck on each pairing. I'm pretty happy with that in about 3 years time, but that defence would get shredded next season alone.

Archived