The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Waivers) Jared Stoll and Anton Khudoben

3 minutes ago, mangosteens said:

The waiver order is according to the standings.  So, Vancouver would have had priority over Minnesota.  This means that Benning didn't put in a claim.

3 minutes ago, mangosteens said:

The waiver order is according to the standings.  So, Vancouver would have had priority over Minnesota.  This means that Benning didn't put in a claim.

i believe waivers is the order of last years standing.

Benning doesn't like picking up players/projects unless he gives up atleast a second rounder.

Stoll would have improved the team and at the very least given van a bit of depth at Center not to mention a possible draft pick if he could have been moved at th deadline. 

21 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Well, this could mean a few things. 

-Benning has something else up his sleeve for a depth C.

-McCann (sadly) is not going to WJC.

-The unofficial tank is on.

I'd go with the last two and am okay with it as long as the experience doesn't traumatize Horvat and McCann.  Undoubtedly Benning is keeping an eye on that, and hopefully he's making the right call.  Lots of competition on the tanking front in the Pacific this year. 

41 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Well, this could mean a few things. 

-Benning has something else up his sleeve for a depth C.

-McCann (sadly) is not going to WJC.

-The unofficial tank is on.

I was really hoping our hometown hero woulda played on the team. He really is a great character guy. He coulda showed Horvat/ McCann a thing or 2 about face offs. 

10 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

I'd go with the last two and am okay with it as long as the experience doesn't traumatize Horvat and McCann.  Undoubtedly Benning is keeping an eye on that, and hopefully he's making the right call.  Lots of competition on the tanking front in the Pacific this year. 

Well said there is a difference in he is dealing with his demons ? he grew up without a proper family structure ,Horvat an McCann had a family support an structure an maturity with alot of intelligence to know better a do alot better in life.It would be ok to give him a last chance till deadline day then move on.W/d does not like his game or social background yet he has a degree in social work go figure.Hopefully the big kid does get a chance somewhere to change his life for the better without substance abuse in it an has learned one of the hardest lessons in life an hit rock bottom an can move his life along it's healing path.

Well we do have some guys who are deserving of chances down in Utica. Personally I would like to see Friesen play a couple of games.

As for people saying there is a trade in the works. I highly doubt we see anymore trades until after the break. Its kind of a dick move trading a guy and making search for homes in a new city instead of spent time with his family.

Benning/Linden have been all about character.. They shipped out Kassian because of his drug problems.

And then half of you think they're going to take in another player who's been notorious for blow/ecstasy (I know he was caught ONCE, but come on, you really think it was a "one time thing?" Get real).

Not surprising WHATSOEVER that they didn't put a claim for Stoll. I don't want that drug-loving hippie anywhere near our young players. Terrible, TERRIBLE role model. 

3 minutes ago, Senpai said:

Benning/Linden have been all about character.. They shipped out Kassian because of his drug problems.

And then half of you think they're going to take in another player who's been notorious for blow/ecstasy (I know he was caught ONCE, but come on, you really think it was a "one time thing?" Get real).

Not surprising WHATSOEVER that they didn't put a claim for Stoll. I don't want that drug-loving hippie anywhere near our young players. Terrible, TERRIBLE role model. 

I agree with u about risk management...  but Minny is playing better and would still take a gamble on the guy.... you know Stoll is going to be an upgrade for our struggling team and yet we'll continue to play with no urgency....  do they feel concerned at all about more and more empty seats? It's sad to see the majority of used to be fans just don't give a damn...

Archived