The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The most positive Canuck Christmas thread ever!

fanfor42

I've been following the Canucks since 1970. Season ticket holder for a lot of those years. Just wanna wish everyone a Merry Christmas and let's celebrate everything under the Canuck tree. 

Youth. Wow. Never better. Potential superstars Demko Boesser McCann Horvat and others. Give them time.

Reminder that our previous stars  took time to develop. Sedins too.

Benning is a great judge of talent. Who else do you want rebuilding your beloved team. Linden is the magic man. He brings a special element.

Our fans are passionate. Celebrate it. We're not Carolina or Arizona or Florida where they wish to find fan support under the tree only to be disappointed each year. 

We live in the most desirable city in the world. Endless opportunities to attract free agents. Won't get em all but gonna get our share.  

We haven't won a cup yet. But it's bound to come. Imagine what that's gonna feel like! 

Jimmy Stewart in Its A Wonderful Life when he is redeemed. Alistair Sim in the best Christmas Carol when he wakes up on Christmas day.   That's what it's gonna feel like baby! 

Merry Christmas Canuck fans!

4 years or so to go.  Be patient.  Enjoy the ride. 

Peace and love to all. 

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I've been following the Canucks since 1970. Season ticket holder for a lot of those years. Just wanna wish everyone a Merry Christmas and let's celebrate everything under the Canuck tree. 

Youth. Wow. Never better. Potential superstars Demko Boesser McCann Horvat and others. Give them time.

Benning is a great judge of talent. Who else do you want rebuilding your beloved team. Linden is the magic man. He brings a special element.

Our fans are passionate. Celebrate it. We're not Carolina or Arizona or Florida where they wish to find fan support under the tree only to be disappointed each year. 

We live in the most desirable city in the world. Endless opportunities to attract free agents. Won't get em all but gonna get our share.  

We haven't won a cup yet. But it's bound to come. Imagine what that's gonna feel like! 

Jimmy Stewart in Its A Wonderful Life when he is redeemed. Alistair Sim in the best Christmas Carol when he wakes up on Christmas day.   That's what it's gonna feel like baby! 

Merry Christmas Canuck fans!

4 years or so to go.  Be patient.  Enjoy the ride. 

Peace and love to all. 

+1 for positivity, mate.

Here are some other things to be positive about:

- Sedins are having their best seasons since 2011-12

- Edler is making an offensive comeback

- Hansen is having a career year

- The Canucks have had three rookies be regular contributors this year.

- We have plenty more in the minors and CHL waiting to join in!

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I appreciate the optimism and good Canuck wishes and return them to you as well.

I just have to point out the words in red...to suggest that our youth has "never been better" and demands a "wow" is a bit overboard.  I had to check that this wasn't an Apollo thread when I saw that.

The youth is promising...  But nowhere near when we had a young Nedved, Linden and Bure.  Nor when we had young Sedins, not even looking at everyone else.  Nor the young Canucks of c.1980...

That aside, we do have something we can build with and be optimistic about.  It's just nowhere near the best we've had.

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Nor when we had young Sedins, not even looking at everyone else.  

To be fair, the Sedins weren't exactly great players until their 4th or 5th years. It definitely took them a bit to get going.

4 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

To be fair, the Sedins weren't exactly great players until their 4th or 5th years. It definitely took them a bit to get going.

Yes, it took them a while, but the point of the OP seemed to be already counting players like McCann, Boeser, Horvat and Virtanen as successes or future successes.  So, even though it took them a while, logic dictated that the Sedins and Nedved be considered for their greater potential and upside at the same point in their careers.

Very few Canucks have ever hit the ground sprinting.  Linden, Bure...that's about it.

Dale Tallon, our most maligned draft pick ever, had an awesome 55+ points as a rookie defenseman.

Old man Ivan Hlinka, before the Sergei Makarov rule.  That's about it.

People were comparing Bo Horvat last year to Linden's rookie season and that is a serious insult to Trevor Linden.

Just now, Canucks Prophet said:

Haha what's wrong with Rousey?

Oh nothing that every Rousey fan hasn't heard before, I'm sure.  Cocky, loud, can beat Mayweather, can beat the whole WBW division with one arm, yadda yadda yadda.  I'll give her credit for keeping her word and going to that Marine Ball or whatever it was though.

Archived